Anyone ever lost Something on a ride??

Disney Wanderer

DIS Veteran
SO what Happens if you happen to loose something important Like your Wallet or your Key Card ? Is there any way to get it back ? I was thinking of Space Mountain or Big Thunder or Everest

Hi,

Well, for one instance...my son (17 at the time) lost his wallet on R&RC the day before we were leaving. The next morning we called lost and found and sure enough, they had it!

Much like anytime you lose anything == you can either get it back.. or not. :(

Personally, I take nothing to the parks that I couldn't survive the loss of... just in case.

Knox

A few years ago I was riding buzz lightyear's space ranger spin and I had a bag of souveneirs that conveniently slipped out of the ride vehicle and went like under the conveyor belt thing that moves the ride along. My mother asked a ride attendant after the ride what to do about it and they said they couldn't do anything so we just re-bought the souveneirs that we had. It wasn't really a big deal. Probably $25 worth of stuff at the most. I'm glad it wasn't something more important.

my daughter lost her "first visit" pin on Thunder Mountain RR. I tried to put my foot on it, to keep it from moving around on the floor, but I wasn't quick enough! It flew out on one of the curves. Not a big deal, but to a 6 year old, it was devastating. Luckily, it was easily replaced by the hotel.
I came very close to losing my little backpack I was using instead of a purse on Space Mtn. I don't know what they do for people that lose stuff in there!

Depends on what it is. Years ago, as I was stepping off the boat, exiting the ride at Pirates, I had my video camera and my back pack slung over one shoulder. Somehow the back pack pressed up against the video camera and hit the release button for the video camera battery. Right as I stepped off, the battery unlatched and fell into the water. I heard the splash, looked down, and had no battery on my camera.

I probably couldn't have dropped the battery between that small space between the edge of the boat and the edge of the loading platform if I had tried! I looked up at the CM, as he saw it happen. He said, "sorry about that." I said, "guess I'll never see that again, huh?" He said, "well, every year or so we drain the water, and you'd be really shocked at all the stuff we find. But I doubt it will be any good after being in the water that long."

The most annoying thing was I had JUST bought that battery for the trip, so I'd have an extra one, and it was the FIRST DAY I had used it! And those batteries were EXPENSIVE back in the early 90's!

A few years ago I was riding buzz lightyear's space ranger spin and I had a bag of souveneirs that conveniently slipped out of the ride vehicle and went like under the conveyor belt thing that moves the ride along. My mother asked a ride attendant after the ride what to do about it and they said they couldn't do anything so we just re-bought the souveneirs that we had. It wasn't really a big deal. Probably $25 worth of stuff at the most. I'm glad it wasn't something more important.
Thats CRAZY! When my mom lost her bag on Buzz (this was back in 02) a CM told us to wait for him, and he hopped on the ride with a flashlight and something that looked like one of those grabbers from the infomercials. Said he had to go fishing. We met him at the exit, he had mom's bag, and some extras! We had a good laugh about what a great job that would be!
DS has lost a hat on Splash Mountain, which was mailed back to us in a few weeks. The CM at Lost and Found said at Splash they take a few days to wash up!
DH lost a cellphone on Space, not on the ride though! It must have slipped out his pocket in the line. He asked the CMs at te loading area and the exit for an hour or so if it had been turned in, before he walked back through the line and it was sitting on top of one of the trash cans!

Nope ! But you do have to be careful for rides like Space Mountain,Rockin Roller Coaster,Tower of Terror etc.

My dad lost his keys on space mountain back in the early 80s. We didn't realize it until we got to the car in the parking lot. So, my mom, my sister and I waited at the car (locked out) while he went back to MK. He found them at Lost and Found, but it took several hours. I seem to remember something about my mom making us hide money in our shoes- I was all of 6 years old at the time.

While it wasn't at Disney, I remember seeing a gentlemen lose season passes at a local amusement park while on a roller coaster. He had placed them in his shirt pocket and out they flew as he came down the first hill. Watch where you put those APs!

I left our sons' new, home made autograph books on BTRR... It was only their first day usinf them and they had spent hours making them. I went to lost and found the end if the day and the next day...no luck. When I went the second day, they gave each boy a new Disney autograph book and new pens, plus they offered to find the characters whose autographs they had lost. Two days later, they turned up. My boys felt special and they still have the home-made ones for next trip. That was Disney Magic!:lovestruc

I have a pair of sunglasses that must have nine lives while at WDW! In 2006, I lost them on Peter Pan. My son was sitting in my lap & I had my sunglasses hooked onto the front of my shirt. He must have somehow knocked them & they came off. I didn't notice until we were off of the ride & I went to put them on. I went back & told the CM at the end of the ride & he said he'd look for them. We went on to ride IASW, but I figured they were long gone. After IASW, I went back - the CM had my glasses!!

In 2007, I put my sunglasses in the cargo net while riding EE. After getting off, I realized that I had left them in the net! I went back & asked the CM as you enter the building/gift shop after the ride. She directed me to Lost & Found. I described my sunglasses & they already had them there!! My DH just grinned & shook his head when I came out of the gift shop wearing my sunglasses.

My DH noticed he lost his wallet after we got off the Dinosaur ride. He immediately told the CMs and they were very quick to assist him. Fortunately, they found the wallet. :scared:

I lost my cedar point hat on splash mountain, they gave me a coupon to get a new hat... and of all things, the cedar point hat was a replacement for a hat lost on Magnum XL2000. I am just wondering where I will lose this hat, and who is gonna cough up the replace ment.

On a trip last year, my son and DH went on TOT while we took the kids to Playhouse Disney. When they rejoined us, they'd managed to lose several things: my DH lost his room key, sunglasses and other pocket paraphernalia from his shirt pocket, and my son left his wallet in the bathroom after they came out!

My DIL was freaking out, mostly because my son now had no ID to fly home!- but he went to lost and found and someone had turned it in! God bless good Samaritans at Disney! The TOT losses, however, remained lost.

I lost my cedar point hat on splash mountain, they gave me a coupon to get a new hat... and of all things, the cedar point hat was a replacement for a hat lost on Magnum XL2000. I am just wondering where I will lose this hat, and who is gonna cough up the replace ment.

Same thing happened to me! I lost my Red Sox hat on Splash Mountain. I went to guest services to see if it was recovered but I was told that it was probably shredded by the track. Then the CM gave me a $25 gift certificate to Mickey's Chapeau! I tried to decline since the whole thing was my fault, but the CM was insistent. It was very nice of them.:wizard:

Well, it wasn't exactly on a fast moving ride, but my DH left our camera case on the haunted mansion. :sad2: The CMs were very helpful. They found our case (tossed in the graveyard), unfortunately it was minus our video camera, Canon Rebel, our CF card and some mini DV tapes. I cried. :sad1: It wasn't so much that we lost $$$, I was so sad that we lost pics and video footage of our kids. The $#@$ was kind enough to leave our daughter's birthday card from CP and the lens cap. :rolleyes:

My daughter recently lost her cell phone on Space MT. She went back at the CM loading the ride had her phone. Someone had found it getting into the space ship and given it to the CM.

A friend's son lost his wallet in the gift store near HM and it turned up at lost and found the next day money still in place.

I have magnetic sunglasses that clip onto my regular glasses. As I was getting on it's a small world I bumped the rail with my hand that was holding the sunglasses and they fell into the water. I went to Guest Services the next day, but they were not there. I couldn't have lost them on something exciting!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter