• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever have any luck using a family member's PIN?

SweetieinVT

Mouseketeer
My sister got a PIN for the dates we are traveling, she's not planning any travel to Disney for a while, so doesn't need it. I know in general it's not transferable, but anyone ever have any luck getting some pixie dust from a CM to use a family member's PIN who was not traveling with you?

I'm interested to see the responses. We ARE traveling with the family members who got the PIN, but they are staying in an RV at the campgrounds so they won't be using the PIN... but it would sure help us out!

Update: I'm just clarifying my post, because I may have been mistaken - the times we used my family member's PIN, they were traveling with us (however, I still believe I've read they don't have to be).;)
We have been able to use family member's PIN several times in the past, and also for our trip coming up in February, 2015.
Call Disney, and if you get any push back, call back and talk to someone else, or ask for a manager. Good luck!

We have been able to use family member's PIN several times in the past, and also for our trip coming up in February, 2015.
Call Disney, and if you get any push back, call back and talk to someone else, or ask for a manager. Good luck!

Was the person traveling with you? I just tried and got a no. Will have to try again later.

It seems like this was never an issue in the past.

For this trip, my SIL got the PIN and she is not traveling with us and we were able to use the PIN.

The CM said as long as someone from my SIL's household is traveling with us we would be fine. My niece is traveling and she was part of the offer as he checked for her name on the offer.

The times that we used the PINs, the other family was traveling with us, however, they were not using it themselves. I have read/heard that that doesn't matter.

I just received a PIN yesterday and called to check on this. I was told by the CM that if the person using it was travelling with me, OR lived at the same address the PIN was attached too that they could also use it. Neither is the case, but I did want to find out in case a family member of mine decides they want to go.

I've also seen that the pin has to be attached to someone traveling with you in order for it to be used. If the person is not traveling with you and does not live with you, I don't think you'd be able to use the pin. It's worth calling to see if you or someone in your travel party has a pin though. They can check with your email. I've done this before and had a pin that I was never notified of.

One time my married daughter got a pin code sent to my email address. She was not going to WDW but she called and used the pin code to make the reservation for us. We had no issues at all. HTH

I got a PIN earlier this year at my email address but in my granddaughter's name and address. She usually travels with us but was unable to last September and the CM let me use the FD PIN for just my DH and myself. I was surprised because I really expected a no. We had already booked with FD but since POFQ wasn't available, we went with CSR. As soon as I got the go-ahead with the PIN, I switched over to POFQ and saved over $300 from CSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter