Anyone ever got forgoten for CC cocktail party.

samoyed

Mouseketeer
We went on our second Wonder Cruise in May. We inquired when the CC cocktail was... they said you should be receiving the tickets in your stateroom. We did get the beach towel..

Well... we never got the tickets....

Told guest services and they said they would look into it... Never received a call from them either...

anybody else get forgotten.....

What is it like......

Originally posted by samoyed
We went on our second Wonder Cruise in May. We inquired when the CC cocktail was... they said you should be receiving the tickets in your stateroom. We did get the beach towel..

Well... we never got the tickets....

Told guest services and they said they would look into it... Never received a call from them either...

anybody else get forgotten.....

What is it like......

Yikes, poor you....goof-ups right and left....

In December I'll have my first opportunity for a CC cocktail party...If I get invited...I'll take some pictures (Cash cuts loose) and send you off a paper umbrella or two....:rotfl:

They don't actually give out tickets but a printed invitation card. They have never asked to see ours when we have attended a CastawayClub Party. When we had to switch cabins, I asked at Guest Services about our invitation and she just handed me one from behind the counter.

What is it like??

There are free drinks available and a buffet of elegant type finger foods. Usually it is held right close to dinner though, so it is hard to take advantage of too much buffet and not spoil your dinner.

Everyone sits around and has their drinks and snacks and usually the Captain, Cruise Director and other senior type officers are present. They mingle with the guests and answer questions if people have them.

The Cruise Director and usually the Captain do a little speech and then that is it.

Hope this helps.

THERE'S A CASTAWAY CLUB PARTY??????

We never knew about it on our 2nd cruise. Got the stateroom gift, but never heard about a party!

Now I feel deprived! :(

the e"legant finger foods" were low end dominated with pimento, mayo, or cream cheese. neither DW, DS nor I ate any. Maybe its all a matter of what one is accustomed to. The free drink was a rum punch which wasn't our preference, and I honestly don't recall if there was an opportunity to order something else without paying for it. Captain Tom was very gracious when I confirmed with him that he had been the on the Wonder at the time I had sailed 7 months earlier. Honestly not sure if I'll bother with the party next April.

We got the towel, but no invite on one cruise. We simply went to the reception, explained that we didn't get the invitation and they just waved us in. :D

Originally posted by justmestace
THERE'S A CASTAWAY CLUB PARTY??????

We never knew about it on our 2nd cruise. Got the stateroom gift, but never heard about a party!

Now I feel deprived! :(

Girl, you need to get out more! ;)

Seriously, it's..ok. They have a nice little appetizer buffet, and the command crew wander around for a bit. And some free drink. Being dw and I don't drink, it wasn't that big a deal for us, and honestly, kind of spoils dinner for that evening if you're not careful. They do get a lot of people, the one time it took over all three clubs.

All three parties we have been to have been lame if you can call it that.The drink IMHO was horrid so we didn't even drink it. The food was deiocre at best and the kids were all licking the ice sculpture. IT was a real turnoff. The last one there was ovr 800 people and weren't enough seats so we literally shook he captains hand and left. Not worth gtting ready for dinner early for.

They need to monitor the attendees more! Last cruise, we had a whole bunch of people "crash" the CC party because they thought it was a party for DVC members! They entered before us and took all the seats. Nobody even asked for the invitation.

Never been to one. Guess as CM family (getting discounted cruise) we dont qualify for such things as party or gifts. Hey ho, never mind, plenty of other things to do and see eh! Nat:Pinkbounc

Another vote for "not really worth it." We've been on 4 cruises...that made us eligible for 3 parties. We went to 1. For one thing, it's way to close to dinner. I did eat one mozzarella cheese stick b/c I love those. Did not get a complimentary drink because we had the wine package and if I had the drink AND the wine, I'd have been worthless the rest of the night. ;) Also it happened to be during December, so we were leaving CC while the party was going on. We wanted to watch as they lit the Christmas tree on CC and we pulled away. So we went to the reception late and then had to leave for dinner. Betting we were there all of 5 minutes, if that.

IMHO, you didn't miss a thing.

You did not miss anything. We went to the first reception we were invited to and skipped the rest. Yes, they offer you free drinks, but it is the same type of watered down drinks that they offer guests at the Captions reception. The food buffet is very elegant. Also, it is very crowded, standing room only. Disney should be ashamed about the watered down drinks. I believe it is very cheesy and if they are watering down the drinks to save money they should simply not provide "free" drinks. I know that the Caption's reception is a cruising tradition but Disney cheapens the reception with the "free" watered down drinks.

We have cruised Disney Wonder 3 times and this time they did not even recognize us as repeat guests. We had to call to get the beach towel and never received the invitations to the party!!!!

It appears to me that our room steward took care of getting us the invitations in the past.

We've had great ones (room stewards) - friendly, efficient and willing to go out of their way to please. Be sure to strike up a conversation with your steward on the first day of the cruise and treat them with respect and they'll work hard for you.

Maybe we've been lucky because there have been reports of less than average room stewards but I think if you try to be friendly towards them helps in the service you recieve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter