Anyone ever get AKL conceirge at 7 month?

kungaloosh

Mouseketeer
Hi,
My DH and I were just looking at our options for next April 2010. I want to squeeze in one more trip before our AP's expire. I will have 150 BCV and 150 SSR points available to use. So my first inclination was to book a studio at BCV at the 11 month window. However we are staying there next month for a week and then in November for a week so it would be nice to do something else. I saw it wasn't many more points to get a conceirge studio at AKL but I wondered if this would even be remotely possible at the 7 month window. Anyone have experience with getting this?

Thanks,
Cathy

I have seen a few posts of people being able to get AKV CL at 7 months. However, I wouldn't be surprised if you had to waitlist.

Friends and I got it at the end of last June, 1 bedroom, 4 nights, I think it was Friday to Tuesday. My friend who owns at BCV booked it. I think it was still day by day when she made it.

I had my waitlist filled in Mar for May. It was for 2 days that I needed to finish my trip. My waitlist was 9 months old.

We booked AKV concierge right at the 7th month window for a trip last May. We got it right away, no waitlisting.

We have the AKV concierge booked for 15th - 17th October, we booked at the 7 month window, no waitlisting just asked and it was available,
good luck :yay:

Weekend nights will be easier to get.

I booked our June 09 stay at 11 months, but I was able to call back 2 months ago and add the Fri and Sat night due to flights. It was alot more points, but I dont want to move resorts, so i took it. I was happy to get it, especially since it was a studio.

Besides the high points, there are no Safari offerings on the weekends so the weekends are not as popular.

Weekend nights will be easier to get.

Besides the high points, there are no Safari offerings on the weekends so the weekends are not as popular.

We were there in March, and the Sunrise Safari was on Sunday morning, and the Wayanama was on Friday night. We had a Thursday to Sunday night stay and we did those two. The Wildlife Discovery Excursion is on Saturdays, we plan to do that when we have a Friday night concierge stay in September.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We were there in March, and the Sunrise Safari was on Sunday morning, and the Wayanama was on Friday night. We had a Thursday to Sunday night stay and we did those two. The Wildlife Discovery Excursion is on Saturdays, we plan to do that when we have a Friday night concierge stay in September.

Thank you Bobbi for the correction.:goodvibes I should not have said no safari offerings but none that require you to spend weekend points since you can participate in both of those on your check in or check out day and skip paying the hi Friday or Saturday night which is what many people do. Book concierge for the safaris. I'm not up on the WDE, and that would require the Saturday night stay. Sounds interesting we may have to check that one out:wizard:

I was able to book at 7 months a Friday/ saturday Easter weekend. I was weight listed for Thursday and I never got it.

:cool1:I was able to get it for July at the 7 month window. We are in a 1 bed , sunday to Friday.

This is the information regarding the Wildlife Discovery Excursion that was e-mailed me from AKL concierge when I asked about it.

The Wildlife Discovery Excursion takes the Kilimanjaro safari experience to the next level. Disney's Animal Kingdom invites you to venture off the beaten path of the Harambe Wildlife Reserve for a unique animal observation and photo excursion. Led by a seasoned Safari Guide and an Animal expert, this adventure takes you off the Safari trail, stopping at special observation and photo areas throughout the 110-acre savannah of the reserve. The tour takes place Tuesday through Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.. Guest meet in front of Mombassa Marketplace 15 minutes prior to the tour. It can accommodate up to 14 guests who must be age 3 and older. Payment is taken at time of booking. There is a 48 hour cancellation policy. Cost is $45 per person inclusive for the remainder of 2008 and $50.00 per person inclusive starting January 1st 2009. You spend about an hour our on the trail slipping between ride vehicles of the Kilimanjaro Safari and stopping to view and photograph the animals. The vehicle is climate controlled. Guest may stand up in the vehicle (there are hand holds all over the vehicle). It is a great chance to get a different perspective on the Kilimanjaro Safari. You may take non concierge guests with you on this experience. Not included with any package.

WOW, this is so great to know that it's possible to get concierge!! We would love to stay at AKL in the future (concierge or no concierge) but it's nice to know that it *could* happen for us! I hope you guys enjoy your wonderful AKL trips! :cloud9:

Since AKV is not my home, I have only been able to book concierge at the 7 month window. Last year I was able to get my 2 nights (Wed.& Thurs.) at 7 months out. These followed our Vero Beach trip. This year we are going from Aug 23rd to Sept. 3rd. Our first 3 nights were available and we waitlisted the other nights. Within 1 week the other 3 nights became available. So, now staying 6 nights at AKLC and 5 nights at BCV. YEAH!!!

Since AKV is not my home, I have only been able to book concierge at the 7 month window. Last year I was able to get my 2 nights (Wed.& Thurs.) at 7 months out. These followed our Vero Beach trip. This year we are going from Aug 23rd to Sept. 3rd. Our first 3 nights were available and we waitlisted the other nights. Within 1 week the other 3 nights became available. So, now staying 6 nights at AKLC and 5 nights at BCV. YEAH!!!

Good for you! We are waitlisted around the same time! I called at exactly the 7 month mark, but have not been so lucky! I keep hoping, but not holding my breath!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter