Anyone ever do a "Moms-only" trip?

guyzmom

Mouseketeer
Love DH and DSs, but would love to get away for a long weekend! Was thinking about WDW on the free dining package (have done it before). Any of you girls out there ever done a "ladies-only" trip to WDW? What about other places? any suggestions?

I don't know if you mean with other Moms, but my family did give me a "Mom's weekend" once. It was my first solo trip, and they surprised me with it. We'd come back with one day left on a pass, and I half-jokingly said "Well, if anyone wonders how to use it, I'll be happy to go and use it up". Little did I know that they'd do it! But it was just me, no other Moms.

I am doing the 4 night land/3 night sea trip in Nov with 4 GF's! 3 of us are leaving our DH's home, 1 is divorced leaving her 3 kids home and 1 is single leaving Dad home!!! I am soooo looking forward to this trip! :cool1: I think there is nothing wrong with going to WDW with GF's!

Kinda got one planned but I will have DD12 with me. DH and DS will be off chasing Bambi so DD and I (along with dear neighbor and a friend) will be going to Old Key West for 5 days without them! It will be nice to go at our own pace without having to accomodate what and when they guys want to eat! I told her if we wanted to eat ice cream for lunch we could!

I actually am putting together the idea of going solo in August or September when the exDH takes the kids.

If I can convince him to take them during the week. I'm thinking of around Aug. 27-30. If not then some weekend that he does take them.

Reason why I want a solo trip: I'm tired of going to one headliner to another! For the past 3 times, I've wanted to tour WS and my 3DS's soooo not interested!

Would love to share a meal with a diser or heck a room if any dismom is game.

I probably will miss the kids and at some point wish they were there, but my wish to 'smell the Disney roses' so to speak is too tempting!:cloud9:

I have done 2 "girl" trips with 2 different friends. LOVED both of them. Kept telling myself I didn't feel guilty at all (that my boys were left behind) but my souvenir receipts say otherwise :lmao: !

Planning another girls only trip in 2010 as my childhood friend and I both turn 40 in October 2010 and we are gonna celebrate at the world!

I'm planning a trip w/ just me and mom (I'll be 24, so it's an all-adult trip). Definitely looking forward to a relaxing tour of the World Showcase :).

My sister and I are doing a Mom's only trip. We leave on the 17th. I so can't wait. I have a 20 month old daughter and my sister has a 4 year old little girl. They are staying with their daddies for the week. I am also 20 weeks pregnant. We have 4 nights at SSR.

:woohoo:

I'm not a mom yet but I'd love to do something like that! I've been wanting to have a girl's only type trip either with my sister or maybe one of my best frends but it seems like it's impossible to get free time with anyone!

I say go for it if you're thinking about it!

me and my mom are doing free dining in mid september!!!!! no hubbies! no kiddos!!
we've never done this before....and we are so excited!

i have been to wdw 3 times, and this time....adults only, i expect to see the world in a whole new light!!

5 nights, 6 days @ CBR!!!! :banana: :banana:

Mysister and I did is last summer. It was probably on of my favorite trips. We had no set schedule. We had no kid saying buy me that or let's go here. We got to ride a segway for a short while and we went to tea one afternoon. We got to shop in the world showcase where I picked up Christmas presents for my nieces and a full tea set for myself. I spent way too much money and got to eat at places my guys wouldn't like such as France.

We had so much fun that we are thinking about doing it again with a couple of our other sisters. Our family were taking bets about if we would come back talking to each other but we had a great time and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I've never done a trip like that but would love to do it one day. I did go alone to DC last year and enjoyed myself away from kids and DH :) I'm looking to do another trip this year but the problem is if I did a trip to WDW (or anywhere) with friends is that no one else that I know would go. BF is not talking to anyone as she is sorting out issues. Another gf of mine and several of my cousins won't separate themselves from their husbands or kids for a few days...heck they won't even do a ladies night out. I think I should be looking for other girlfriends.

I sooo want a girls only trip. The problem isn't that my friends aren't up for a girls only trip, but that they all look at me like I'm crazy when I suggest WDW. Most of them don't even want to go there with their kids. I have gone on 2 WDW trips that were girls only, but it was me and DD's, 20 and 13. Great fun and very different from trips with DH and DS along, but still not the same as a female ADULT trip only. Even at the ripe old ages of 20 and 13, I still sometimes feel like their referree. I don't want traveling companions that need me to settle their disputes.

My cousin and I are taking a "Mom's Only" trip in November. I'm tooo excited! I'll finally be able to get to all of the adult rides and not be tied down to "I'm Hungry" or "My Feet Hurt" or just plain screaming and hitting each other as my kids so often do. They love Disney World, but it does run a toll on them. I'm taking my kids on June 30th (5 days away - yay!), so I don't feel bad to be going without them in November. I think it's a great getaway.

I'm going in September for a free dining trip with my 3 roommates from college. We do a trip every year and decided this year we'd do Disney. I'm really excited but can't decide whether to tell DD5 where we're going. She's been 3 times already and will go again in the future, but I still feel guilty. Not guilty enough to not go, though! :)

In 2005 I did a girls only cruise and and a fabulous time! :banana: It was my first time going on a "vacation" without the husband or my two children. I am going again on a "girls only" cruise in August with one friend from before and a new one. Last time we did RCCL and this time we are doing Disney!:dance3: My children or 5-6 so they know mommy is going on vacation but they have not caught on the the Disney theme yet!;) I am very excited and am looking forward to some "adult time"!

:woohoo: :cool1:

My friend and I do it all the time!!! Every October we head to WDW without kids or husbands! Well, not every October. This trip I'm solo. She can't get the time off. But I have no problem going alone. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting here now planning the trip. This is insane; I'm leaving this Saturday for WDW and I'm already planning the NEXT trip!! :thumbsup2

So I'll be doing my very first solo trip October 17-21 and I'm so looking forward to it!!! :cool1:

My college friends and I are planning a Moms only weekend for November. So far there are 3 of us committed to going and 2 maybes. I am so excited! I love doing Disney with my DS (we go every summer) but I really want some "me" time! He won't ride the Haunted Mansion! Can you imagine? I am so excited to be able to ride what I want, actually look in some of the shops, eat in some different places, have a nice relaxing cocktail. We are looking into doing some spa treatments. I'm a single mom so I don't get much down time, I am so looking forward to this weekend. We haven't decided where to stay yet, I was thinking CSR or BWI. I'm in charge of picking the hotel. I would love the GF but I think that would break the budget we set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter