anyone ever cruised in April

gottabelieve

Earning My Ears
I am anxiously waiting to book my 2nd disney cruise for the summer of 2005. but as we all know the rates are not out yet. Was trying to figure if we should go in April.. we will be doing the western cruise so i need to know if anyone has every cruised in April and what the weather is like on the islands.. i am also trying to figure out exactly when the kids would have their spring recess that year..
if anyone can give advice of cruising in april on the western and what the weather is like on the islands that would be great..

I would like to know that, too. We are cruising on April 1st. As far as spring break, I think it is different all over the country. My kids have a 2 week break from March 28th through April 12th, I believe. I do know that when I looked into booking, if I booked a week later the total cost went up $1000 (we're doing the land/sea and it must be high season the next week).

We have sailed in April twice, and the weather was beautiful on the ship. On one of the cruises, the wind was awesome (the captain said that we had the highest winds for the longest amount of time in his entire sailing career), but it was still plenty warm for t-shirts and shorts.

The ports were all very warm when we stopped, but not unbearably so. I would still suggest a pair of pants and a sweater for the evenings as it can get a little chilly at night (especially with the airconditioning).

We love sailing in April, however due to my exam schedule (in april) and wanting to sail with friends again, we have opted for a may sailing, which I gather will be even warmer but I say bring on the heat!!!

Hope this helps
Katdb

We have cruised four times in April. Two were four days and great weather. We were on the same Eastern as Katdb (hi to you and your mom) with rough seas but great weather. Last year we were on the March 29 mystery cruise. Very rough seas and one day of drizzle and cooler temps. But we had a great time.

Before DCL, we cruised the Disney-affiliated Premier Cruise Line in April & we had terrific weather. Very sunny, warm & not windy or choppy at all.:D

Yes, and it was wonderful! Warm (not hot!) and calm seas! Couldn't ask for bluer skies or whiter, puffier clouds! Ohh, I can't wait to get back there!!!

Rae

Just saw your post about sailing in May with your friends. We can't wait to see you again! We're getting really excited about the cruise! Hope school is going well. Can you believe your first year is almost over?

See you in 80-something days!!!

Angela

In general, April is one of the best months to cruise in the caribbean, weather wise, BUT, you never know what Mother Nature has in store for you!

We had 7 beautiful days & nights last Easter, April 19-25 2003. I think we had one or two sun showers at St Marteen and St Thomas. You couldn't ask for any better weather.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I am glad to see this question. We came back Feb.14, 2004 from the Eastern and had such wonderful weather that I can't imagine it being better then that.

We booked our next cruise for April 9-16, 2005 Western. I heard that Easter is in March next year so April will not be as expensive as this year. Pricing I guess goes up according to the Holidays.

Next year we are going with my in laws in their late 70's and early 80's - can't believe that they are actually coming- this will be their first cruise.

So, for their sake I am hoping for beautiful weather and calm, calm seas.

Tink&Cinderella::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

I just wanted to say if you are going in April hurry up and book. I booked in Dec for our April 30th and it has already increased in price. :D

Sailed last Easter. Weather was lovely but hit very rough seas first two days. Thought the Priest was going to tumble off the stage during Easter Mass! Remember too that if it is Easter week the price is higher!

How is the water temperature at Castaway Cay in April?

For me it was too cold. Not absolutley freezing- but the kind of cold where mostly kids were the ones getting in.
I am from Augusta GA though- and it is warm here about 6 months out of the year so I am not used to cold water.
:D

We sailed last April (5-12th) and the weather was beautiful. The only problem was the wind. We almost didn't make it into Castaway Cay because of the wind and rough seas. The captain tried 5 times to back the ship in and finally made it. The water at Castaway Cay was cool, so not to many people got in. We just sailed and the weather was gorgeous. You never know from year to year, what mother nature will bring you!

we have sailed twice in april...the last week of april and the weather was beautiful both times. We will be back on the Magic for cruise #3 April23,2005!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter