• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever bite into a mystery item at a restaurant?

The one and only time I've ever eaten pheasant, I ended up with a mouthful of shot. Both yuck and ouch at the same time.

My SIL was eating a pickle and she bit into a worm. It had the worm silk all on the inside also. She got a some free coupons for pickles.

I have not had the pleasure of finding "treasure" in my food, that I know of. However, I work at a local bar and we had fried oyster Po'Boys as a special and one of my customers but down, right into a baby pearl. We comped him and his wife's dinner, and brought out another sandwich for him and apologized multiple times. I felt horrible but it was not our fault that there was a tiny pearl inside an oyster, and thankfully he understood and has come back laughing about it.

A couple months ago, a woman I know finished her canned drink (monster I think) and there was a dead mouse in it!! I don't know if they called about it or not but her son was showing everyone the can with the mouse in it. :crazy2: I didn't look.

Another Olive Garden mishap. I was eating pasta, and bit into a fingernail. The manager came out and apologized, they comped that dish but nothing else. Since I wasn't eating any more pasta, I ordered dessert and paid for it.

It's not really a mystery item, or a big deal, but the reaction of the employee was pretty funny when DH found a chicken bone in a chicken sandwich at Wendy's one time. She shrugged and said "It's not supposed to be boneless."

(When called from home, Wendy's management did not agree that their sandwiches are supposed to have bones, oddly.)

I was somewhat embarrassed by finding a hair in my chocolate mousse based dessert at a fairly high end restaurant in our area. My embarrassment came from the fact it was an open kitchen, and while the waiter was all politeness (comped the dessert, offered to bring me any other dessert on the house, brought me coffee, etc) he told the manager and showed him the dessert and the manager reamed out the pastry chef in my hearing. It was Valentine's day, and everyone's dressed to the nines, and the chefs are plating various elaborate dishes and you can hear this poor woman getting told off.

*JoGo* said:
A couple months ago, a woman I know finished her canned drink (monster I think) and there was a dead mouse in it!! I don't know if they called about it or not but her son was showing everyone the can with the mouse in it

....EWWWWWWWW!!!!. Gross.....

I dunno, I think I'd be tickled to find a pearl in my oyster. Even if it was small and misshapen, I'd keep it, maybe even have it put into a setting! :teeth:

My SIL was eating a pickle and she bit into a worm. It had the worm silk all on the inside also. She got a some free coupons for pickles.

....I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit....

Are you in PA? Sounds like Gypsy Moths. I hate those things. I refuse to step foot in PA, if there's any chance they might be in season. They bite and they're everywhere munching on trees and making the roads like oil slicks. They crawl down your shirt and bite...I squirming just thinking about it. I HATE THOSE THINGS!!!!!

I had ordered sweet and sour chicken from the local chinese restaurant and bit down on a staple! It got stuck in the roof of my mouth!! :scared1:

I was just thinking about this thread. DH took me out to dinner on Saturday. He ordered some soup and he found a piece of glass about .5"x1" in it. He bit down on it but it didn't cut him. We flagged down a waiter right away and he got the manager. He offered DH another dish but DH wasn't really hungry anymore. He didn't really like the soup and had been picking off my plate anyhow. He brought me a dessert though. We figured they would take DH's meal off and the dessert would be free but the manager comped everything for us.

i had a thin chicken bone in a pulled chicken sandwich at Jim & Nick's once. the waiter acted like it was completely normal. really? it's normal to have chicken bones in pulled chicken--especially a sandwich? i've never had that happen any other time. all i could think was that if one of my kids had gotten it, they could've cut their throat.

I had ordered sweet and sour chicken from the local chinese restaurant and bit down on a staple! It got stuck in the roof of my mouth!! :scared1:

This happened to my daughter when she about 2. We bought home fresh baked donuts from the bakery of our grocery store. After she started eating she broke into tears and I looked over and her mouth was covered in blood. I pulled a staple out of her mouth and it was one of those big strong ones for an industrial staple gun. I contacted the store and they sounded skeptical like they didn't believe me but it was the truth! They kept saying they had no idea how it could have gotten in there. Anyways they ended up giving me about $25 in gift cards but that was not what I was after. I just wanted to warn them.

Are you in PA? Sounds like Gypsy Moths. I hate those things. I refuse to step foot in PA, if there's any chance they might be in season. They bite and they're everywhere munching on trees and making the roads like oil slicks. They crawl down your shirt and bite...I squirming just thinking about it. I HATE THOSE THINGS!!!!!

....great! :mad: Now I feel itchy all over....

This happened to my daughter when she about 2. We bought home fresh baked donuts from the bakery of our grocery store. After she started eating she broke into tears and I looked over and her mouth was covered in blood. I pulled a staple out of her mouth and it was one of those big strong ones for an industrial staple gun. I contacted the store and they sounded skeptical like they didn't believe me but it was the truth! They kept saying they had no idea how it could have gotten in there. Anyways they ended up giving me about $25 in gift cards but that was not what I was after. I just wanted to warn them.

:scared1: wow.....just, wow.

I was having lunch with a friend of mine at a local Chinese place. She ordered some hot and sour soup and it came with a huge grub in it. Our meal was comped and lots of apologies.

A few years ago I was eating at some restaurant with my parents. My mom ordered a diet coke, took a sip, and crunched down on something hard. Turns out it was a piece of glass. The restaurant didn't do anything about it and didn't even offer an apology.

This kind of reminds me of the time I was drinking milk from a glass and bit down on a cockroach! Ugh it was bitter! This didn't happen at a restaurant though - it was at the beach house my grandparents used to rent back in the 70s, and I was maybe 8 or 9?

I was having lunch with a friend of mine at a local Chinese place. She ordered some hot and sour soup and it came with a huge grub in it. Our meal was comped and lots of apologies.

....are you sure it wasn't just part of the soup? :rolleyes1 [ ;) ]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter