Anyone ever been to WDW while a sitcom was taping? Full House or Roseanne?

LuluLovesDisney said:
Blossom

Golden Girls

I didn't know about Blossom, I would of liked to see that. Off topic but I think I saw on a "Where are they now that" The actress who played Blossom went on to get a PhD in child psy or something like that. :thumbsup2

Golden Girls, correct me if I am wrong, but did they ever really get to a park? I think they just stayed in a room and talk about it. (no park footage.)

I think the Dave Barry (Daves Word?) show was the same way. They tried to get there, but never did. (at least no real park footage.)

Step by Step was at OKW. :cheer2:

I wish more shows would go. I would of loved to see a Darma and Greg from WDW! What about Desperate Housewives goes to WDW? Grey's takes a vacation????? Any other ideas? (ABC.)

DisneyDork712 said:
Does anyone know where the family from Step by Step stayed on the show? I can't tell which resort they're at. But they do get out of a DVC vehicle, so I'm guessing they stayed at a Disney Resort.
They were staying at Disney's Old Key West Resort & I am 100% sure about that.

DisneyPhD said:
I wish more shows would go. I would of loved to see a Darma and Greg from WDW! What about Desperate Housewives goes to WDW? Grey's takes a vacation????? Any other ideas? (ABC.)

LOST. . . at WDW. :rotfl2:

I remember when it was just standard - any ABC sitcom woud eventually end up at WDW.

Somewhat random, but the other night I was flipping through the channels and ended up watching the last few minutes of The Real World, they were evacuating the cast to Orlando during the hurricanes last year. One guy kept saying he was going to go to WDW and at the very end, the last thing you hear as you watch them pile into the SUV and drive off, "I'm not leaving Orlando until I go to Disney World!" I'm sure Disney's LOVING the association with that show! LOL

During my college program my friends and I ended up going to MGM while they filmed 98 Degrees and Jessica Simpson :rotfl2: Half of the college program went just because they were filming the Christmas special (when they tried doing away with the parade) So half the crowd didn't care and the other half were radio winners (young girls screaming at the tops of their lungs) We had no clue, didn't care about either (both got heckled quite a it and all the cheering they showed during the show was filmed a good hour before anyone took the stage, LOL) and ended up spending most of the night hanging out at the end of the street BSing with people.

Not Disney, but while on a trip a couple years ago I was mid-trip when they announced matchbox twenty would be at Hard Rock Live filming for the MTV series. We extended our trip a few days and got tickets and went, ended up right in front. I had a camera guy in my face half the night and ended up with a closeup on MTV.

MyGoofy26 said:
LOST. . . at WDW. :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: That was a good one. Too bad Survivor isn't ABC. Can you see getting kick out of MK (or maybe Tom Sawyer Island!) :rotfl: :thumbsup2

When the heck did Blossom and Golden Girls go to WDW? I thought I saw all Golden Girls episodes..

jimmybop said:
I also remember Step by Step (where i believe Cody tried to ride all the rides in one day...
I haven't seen those episodes in ages! I remember JT lied and told a girl he liked that he was JT Disney.

They also have a Disney episode of this show called Things We Do For Love. It comes on the WE channel I think. A grandmother surprised her son and grandkids with a trip to WDW after her son gave her a kidney.

I was there durirng the Full House taping.

And I was at the Yacht Club back when they were filming this episode. I saw Dave Collier walking down the hallways leading to the Yachtsmen, being a huge Full House fan at the time I went up to try to get his autograph and was completely snubbed by him.

I stopped watching Full House at the time for like a year. I was a rather hurt little girl.

Full House and Roseanne are the obvious ones that everyone knows.

Boy Meets World went.. this was the same time as Step By Step. Cory was chasing after Topenga.

Step By Step Flash was the one who was trying to ride all the rides.

Family Matters where Steve's change thingy was entered into the Science fair thing

Second Noah also went. That was a drama though. I only saw it once, it was something about I think Noah and his wife got married or something.

Blossom didn't go to WDW, she just went to DL.

Golden Girls- You're right, they never did leave the hotel room. They only included still shots of WDW and tons of commentary. I always wondered why no actual park footage. Still a cute episode, though.

I don't remember all the info from Blossom but I do remember the characters hitting on the older brother's girlfriend and the characters riding in the now dear departed Skyway.

Dh was there for the taping of the Christmas parade 1997 and Easter 1998. You can see him in the crowd. The funniest thing is they reused some of the footage for the 1999 Easter Parade, imagine our suprise to see DH there as well.

We were at DCA when it first opened and Rosie O'Donnel was there with the cast of the Drew Carey show. Followed them around for a bit but didn't get on TV.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life said:
They were staying at Disney's Old Key West Resort & I am 100% sure about that.

I'm seconding this. It was Old Key West.

cgcruz said:
I could swear in the Rosseanne episodes they stayed in an offsite hotel. Looked like a high-rise. Downtown Disney resort maybe? I dont know why Disney would have them stay off-site.
I remember someone saying it was a resort in DTD... I can't remember which one. Hyatt maybe?

BeckWhy said:
Full House and Roseanne are the obvious ones that everyone knows.

Boy Meets World went.. this was the same time as Step By Step. Cory was chasing after Topenga.

Step By Step Flash was the one who was trying to ride all the rides.

Family Matters where Steve's change thingy was entered into the Science fair thing

Second Noah also went. That was a drama though. I only saw it once, it was something about I think Noah and his wife got married or something.

Blossom didn't go to WDW, she just went to DL.

Just checked about Blossom and you're right- it was DL- this site said it's the only sitcom to ever shoot in DL, too, but I thought Full House did one in DL AND the WDW one, didn't they?

LuluLovesDisney said:
Golden Girls- You're right, they never did leave the hotel room. They only included still shots of WDW and tons of commentary. I always wondered why no actual park footage. Still a cute episode, though.

I don't remember all the info from Blossom but I do remember the characters hitting on the older brother's girlfriend and the characters riding in the now dear departed Skyway.

This is a little off topic but it relates to The Golden Girls. When I was younger we went on the MGM backlot tour. It's a lot different than it is now. It included the models from "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids" exhibit/playground and "The Golden Girls" house. Just thought I'd mention it since it's no longer a part of the tour. At least it wasn't when I went this past February.

Not a TV show, but I was also at a taping for the Christmas parade...in 2000 I think. DH and I were recruited to be in a clip that featured Wayne Brady talking about growing up near Disney. The final cut shows Wayne giving me a high five and standing there grinning like a fool (me, not Wayne). :thumbsup2 But the real funny part is that DH, who was standing right next to me, was not in the shot....just his shoe. :rotfl:

I was in the Magic Kingdom this March when they were filming the season's last show for America's Funniest Home Video's. They had a stage set up in the hub right by the Train Station. After the fireworks they started the show. Since it was after 11 pm and we had to drive home the next day we went back to the room. But it was fun to glimpse the host of the show.

LuLuLovesDisney said:
Just checked about Blossom and you're right- it was DL- this site said it's the only sitcom to ever shoot in DL, too, but I thought Full House did one in DL AND the WDW one, didn't they?

The Full House DL episode : They were supposed to go and leave Jesse at home alone with his girlfriend but didn't get a chance to because of fog. Stephanie was mad the whole episode and so was Jesse. So, they never had a chance to do any DL scenes.

MickiMouth said:
We were at MGM once and a film crew was walking around taping something for a Canadian show. I have no idea what. I seem to remember it being along the lines of a documentary but I'm not sure.

Was it recently?

A music channel went recently and the host is a young guy in his 20s with dark hair. Kind of punk looking.

we were there when Nsync taped their first concert... at the time we had no intrest... who would have thought how big they would be come!!!! a year later i was kicking myself for not going to that concert!!!! i was a HUGE fan and paying money to go see them!!!!!

LuluLovesDisney said:
They went to DL but never showed anything there. Or they were supposed to go to DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter