• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever been to Hershey Park?

Love Hershey Park. Very family friendly, clean, some great coasters, kiddie rides nestled next to bigger attractions, so it's nice when you have different ages. Food is pricy, it's hilly, and like all theme parks, peak times are crowded. Nice waterpark, included in admission. Hershey hotels are expensive, but there are tons of local hotels for much cheaper. You can even stay at a hotel closer than the Hershey Lodge.

I love Hershey Park too. We try to go once a year. We go on a weekday and can get everything done in a day. Usually don't hit the water park area but that does seem to get a little busy. Coasters have some lines but they aren't too bad.

It is one of my favorite amusement parks. They have a great coaster selection with all different thrill levels and a good variety of other rides too. The only thing I don't like is the waterpark. It doesn't have enough slides and attractions for the crowds it gets and lines can get bad. It is still the only park I have been to that has a line to get into the wavepool and then a set amount of time you are allowed to spend there before having to exit.

Hi guys,
So what do think of Hershey Park?

Yes. It was pretty good. Well themed. My kids had a great time. We went just before 4th of July one year and it wasn't busy at all. Kids rode coasters over and over.

Don't know if this was a fluke. But we were there on a weekday. Our ticket allowed a preview the night before first use that was nice.

Hershey Park is great :)

I love it because there are trees, greenery, and plants vs a park like Cedar Point that is all concrete. Its a very nice looking park. Though it is quite hilly if anyone in your family has a hard time getting around.

A good mixture of rides as someone else stated. Some really good coasters if you are a coaster fanatic. Not only is there a water park, a small zoo is included as well.

And Chocolate world is a lot fun! They have a Living with the Land Type ride about the chocolate making process. Its cheesey, but we always end up on it several times :)

We love it! We are not roller coaster people but still find enough to do to spend a day between rides and shows plus Zoo America which is included in admission. Chocolate World is also great to visit with attractions. In the food court at Chocolate World there used to be a place you could get a pizza with chicken and chocolate BBQ sauce and a sandwich place where the chips and pretzels had chocolate infused. They also have frozen hot chocolate and great desserts. There are also cool things to do in the area depending on how long you are visiting.

Thank you for all of the great information. We are going to take a road trip this summer. Hershey Park sounds like a great place my family will really enjoy.

There is a Giant mkt in the area where you can get discount coupons for tickets. We use to take the kids camping there when they were young, now just day trips with grandchildren.
But they have cabins at the campgrounds and really nice pool with shuttles to the park.
In the area a half hour drive is Lancaster where the kids should have fun and if you stay an extra day the Gettysburg tourism area is a short drive too.

I was just wondering about this. Over the summer dh has to go down to Hershey for a work thing and DS14 and I might tag along. We would have a day to ourselves and I'm just not sure there are enough rides for us to go. We've been once, years ago when the kids were little and into kiddie rides. Now DS is 14 so the kiddie ride days are over. At the same time, neither of us are coaster people. Are there enough rides for middle of the road riders to enjoy to make it worth our while? This is what we love about Disney. Will ride pretty much everything there but TOT (did once, haven't since) and Everest and RnRC.

I was just wondering about this. Over the summer dh has to go down to Hershey for a work thing and DS14 and I might tag along. We would have a day to ourselves and I'm just not sure there are enough rides for us to go. We've been once, years ago when the kids were little and into kiddie rides. Now DS is 14 so the kiddie ride days are over. At the same time, neither of us are coaster people. Are there enough rides for middle of the road riders to enjoy to make it worth our while? This is what we love about Disney. Will ride pretty much everything there but TOT (did once, haven't since) and Everest and RnRC.
My kids do all the coasters and I think my husband and I only go on the few that don't go upside down. I think you'd find plenty of rides to go on but maybe hit up their website and take a look at all the rides just to make sure.

Don't know if this was a fluke. But we were there on a weekday. Our ticket allowed a preview the night before first use that was nice.

No, it's always like that

Preview Plan
A sweet sneak peek is included!
Present your ticket at the main entrance 2.5 hours before closing the night before your visit and enjoy a fun-filled evening! All daily tickets qualify for this plan.**

8 PM closing
Admission
after 5:30 PM

10 PM & 11 PM closing
Admission
after 7:30 PM

**Not valid on Sunset, Consecutive-day, or Concert Special Admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter