Anyone Ever Been During a " Phase 4 " Closure?!!

reading about all of this reminds me of our 3rd week in august trip in 1995. hotter than heck, humid as all heck and crowded as all heck. hours to wait for one ride, no fastpasses, wall to wall to wall people, sweating like pigs!! and we arrived at opening and stayed until closing!! (our first trip as adults, we didnt know any better)

i am having flashbacks and getting the shakes just thinking about it!!!:scared1:

I WILL NEVER GO IN THE SUMMER AGAIN!! :goodvibes

There was one time we went, i believe it was the first week in may and we took an afternoon break back at the offsite hotel. when we got back mk was closed. they let us in because we had been there in the morning, thank goodness!! but it was nowhere as crowded as when i had been there the summer of 95!

Silly question....

What determines the different phases and what are the results for them?

What is the parks capacity in mk?

I can believe it for a couple reasons.

One - if MK is at Phase 4, then it's pretty much chaotic crowding property wide. Everyone's temper gets a little shorter.

Which brings me to reason two: I have a feeling that when you flashed the KTTW, the CM didn't know how to read it to know if you were staying in a monorail resort or not. It doesn't give the resort name on the card - it's a part of the code number - and I'm sure that a lot of the CM's on property don't know how to read that code to know what resort you are staying in.

Combination of point one and two? You come across a CM at the end of their rope who doesn't want you to know that they can't tell where you're staying, so you get a very brisk brush off. If they had been a little calmer, they probably would have said something like there was currently no monorail access at the TTC due to the Phase 4 closing and that you would have to detour to Poly to access the monorail.

Not trying to excuse rudeness - just explain it a bit.
Well we didn't actually show our KTTW cards to the rude Cast Member because we didn't think there would be a problem getting back onto the Resort Monorail and the gates that block off the entrances to the Monorails and boats were not closed off, so if they were in the phase 4 closing stage you think those would be closed. Plus the rude Cast Member never asked to see our KTTW cards because he automatically assumed we were lying.

Those days are over. It still amazes me to watch people stand in a stand-by line for over 2 hours (like I saw this week at Soaring, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain). My Disney time is precious and I want to make the most of it.

That is what separates us Disser's from mere mortals!:disrocks:

These threads are the reason why I will never ever get to celebrate my birthday in Disney.
My husband has repeatedly refused to go to Disney on New Years Eve. So no birthday celebration for me.:snooty:

One of my good friends has a NYE birthday as well. She wanted to figure out a way to legally change her birthday so she could go for her birthday. :rotfl: As no such thing really exists, we're going for my birthday (mid-August) instead.

Although I was in the MK for NYE when I was 8, I believe--not sure if there were closures that day. I don't remember much, but my mom said it was wall-to-wall people. She was getting claustrophobic, and said, "I can't take this, I'm going to throw up!" For the first and only time that night, she got a little breathing room. :rotfl:

reading about all of this reminds me of our 3rd week in august trip in 1995. hotter than heck, humid as all heck and crowded as all heck.

DH calls this hot/humid business 'like walking out the door into a trash bag!'.

We go off season for the same reasons now too!

I was Wondering if Anyone has Acccually Been at MK When it Reaches Phase 4 Closure.
Im Curious to know what Some Of the Wait Times were? How bad was it?

Sure, there were enough people there that they HAD to do a Phase 4 Closure....

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sorry I could not resist.

:happytv:

We were there Easter Week 2006, to see my DDs HS Marching Band in the MK parade. We got there early in the am to be sure that we didn't get closed out. In the morning things were crowded but not too bad. As the day went on it got very crowded and they did close the park in the late morning. Luckily for us we have been to WDW many times, so we weren't too concerned with missing rides. We had lunch reservations at Tony's so went there for a very relaxing lunch and then shopped a bit on Main Street and watched the parade. (Which is hard to do when Your kids band is leading the parade and you are all misty eyed with happiness!). After the parade we headed off to another park!

As Disney veterans it didn't bother us much, but if that had been my first trip to Disney, it probably would have been my last!:scared1: I don't recommend extremely crowded times for a new visitor or a once in a lifetime trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter