• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever arranged an event for someone in MK by Gifts of a Lifetime???

msudawgs30

Mouseketeer
So, I'm one of those obsessive compulsive planners.
BTW sorry it's so long...I tend to ramble...
My DD's fifth birthday isn't until April but I'm planning away...right down to what we're going to have at which restaurant. Yes, I know I have a little too much time on my hands :hyper:. Anyway, I ran across this company on the internet that plans a special "event" for people who are planning to be in the Orlando area and who are celebrating special occassions. Gifts of a Lifetime.com They apparently plan these events that make your loved one feel like the world has stopped and is slowly revolving around them (well, at least for an hour and a half or so). The only person who has shared an experience with the world is a woman I ran accross on an unknown Disney tips website I accidently saw. My computer shut off just as I had started reading. The child entered MK, saw his name on a banner at Cindy's Castle (the wishing well). He's totally mistified. There's a note waiting on him and a hat. He puts this hat on and follows the directions on the note and is led through a sort of scavenger hunt? I don't know I never got to complete the story :confused:. The web site is very elusive about what they do, only that it's totally original and taylored to your needs and desires. They are not affiliated with Disney. Has anyone else heard of this company? I REALLY want to do something special for my child (not your traditional Royal Table Breakfast or fireworks cruise...not that I don't like them they're just in such high demand). Help Please!!!

MSUdawgs30

*no longer in FL or associated with GOAL, Disney or any Central FL activities

Last edited:
Here's a link with some information and guest "reviews": http://allearsnet.com/btp/pixie.htm I was considering doing this for my daughters in October but the youngest is only 4 and doesn't meet the minimum age requirement of 5. Maybe next time. :)

DisneyWife: sorry this link does have some specific event info. I understand about wanting to keep the mystery but the Dalmatian review was what made me want to this for my daughters -- they love dalmatians!

Disneywife what a fab job to have!

MSUdawgs30 They are a wonderful company I have use Jane and her Pixies twice for my friend's 30th Birthday. And we had such fun I used GOAL when I brought out Mum and Dad for Xmas.

We had an event, Photos a wonderful welcome basket and at the end of the first day we got back to the room to xmas tree and all the lights and decorations.

An absolutely wonderful magical day. I don't want to give too much away about the event but we had to help rescue Piglet from King Loius! Jane was marvelous and even helped shorten the event when my mum was getting tired.

If you can afford GOAL they are wonderful value. Couldn't recommend them more highly

Jane

Disneywife, I have a question for you - if you don't mind that is...
Do you ever do events during the evening?? I am considering an event for my family in late November. Jane recently e-mailed an idea that would take place in Epcot. We plan to be there one full day - but have planned to do a CP package plus possibly the princess b-fast that day, so I'm worried about having enough time that day to fit everything in, but we'll also be there for one evening too and I thought that might be perfect for this - can it done do you know??
Thanks for your input - I REALLY appreciate it!!
Jamie

You guys are all ANGELS!!!

Thanks so much for the info...I read the descriptions on the allearsnet.com site and I was sniffling and tearing up over every one of them. :love:

That's exactly what I'm looking for...that sort of feeling for my DD.

Brooke, YOU DO have an awesome job. I'd never get tired of going to work if I could bring that sort of joy to someone every day. :jester:

Thanks for everyone's help!

MSUdawgs30

Last edited:

I just had to throw in another vote for Jane & her pixies.

DH & I have used their services twice now & couldn't have been happier. Trust me, you won't be sorry you booked an event. They really create such magical memories - you'll never forget them. Hmmm, now I'm thinking maybe I'll have to do something again for DH this fall... :scratchin

Have a wonderful trip!

I know it can certainly vary , but what would you say was the minimum price for a GOAL and what is an average price?
And can one be booked on short notice....
(Say for this July?)
Carol

Last edited:
Disneywife - I just wanted to say wow! I am impressed that you would take the trouble to call Jane about my question - I was lucky enough to get to talk to her, but I can't say enough how much I appreciate that you would look into it for me like that! It's just one more indication to me that all you GOAL people are obviously very caring and thoughtful. Thanks again for your trouble! Can't wait for November!
Jamie

Last edited:

Last edited:
THanks so much for the info.......I don't think I will be using GOAL this trip....but it sounds great and I will keep it in mind for the future!!
Carol
Hope you have a great vacation.......

I did an event with Jane 3 years ago and it was great. It was a surprise for my DW on our 5th Anniversary. We are doing another one at the end of this month for our DS 6th b-day. I would highly recomend them.

PS Brooke, I think Jane told me you would be working the event. See you then. ::yes::

Last edited:
I just found this thread, and I just had to add my vote for Jane and her pixies! My boyfriend used GOAL in May when we were in the World to set up a scavenger hunt for me. At the end of it he proposed, right in the middle of the MK!!! :D

Jane and her pixies were GREAT!!!!!! I think they were as excited as I was about the ring. They personalized the hunt, including rides and places that were special to us. They really helped to make our engagement extra-super special and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering celebrating a special event!

I won't post the details here, since we have been asked not to, but if anyone is interested, you are welcome to PM me and I can give you more information about the hunt itself.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter