• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone elses child OBSESSED with watching trip videos?

tuckerkeys

official cookie taster
my 2.5 y.o son is disney OBSESSED! on our last trip in June, we videoed just about everything we could! small world, fireworks, spectro, pooh ride, etc etc....and now this is ALL my son wants to watch! he asks to see it 1st thing in the morning, and it doesn't stop all day! he knows what comes in the sequence,and his favorite part is the small world ride, which i have to watch over and over..........we've created a monster! anyone else out there who has-had a similar problem? and what should i do to stop it?!!!! it's driving us crazy!!! and another trip in september probably will make it worse! he wants to go to Disneyworld everyday!

There's nothing wrong with that child! I want to go to Disney World everyday too! :) Oh, and if you think your trip in September will make it worse and you decide not to take him, I'll go in his place! :)

i have to say that I am the one obsessed with watching the vacation planning videos. I get a new one each year and watch them while reading my annual Birmbaum books. From time to time I even read my old books and look at the old videos just to see what has changed over the years. You can bet that if everyone is out of the house for any given time and I am home alone, that's what I'm doing. I even draw out plans and make notes as to improvements/changes I feel Disney should make (my current project is re-designing the failing Disney stores). :paw: I'm sure I need a self help group.

dd(3) is obsessed w/ the planning video! She thinks the "funny guy who eats a lot" is hysterical :teeth: She watches it at least once a day - she'd watch it more but mean mommy has to lay down the law. As much as i LOVE disney - the planning video doesn't have very much educational value :blush:

My 4 year old is obsessed with watching "me as a baby video" which the majority of it is at WDW. I broke down and watched it with her this weekend. Osbourne lights made me want to cry and wish that we were going back in December and not October. She loves the Small World part too. But who can blame her for wanting to watch it? We have made her be obsessed! :rolleyes:

My 3 year old start every saturday morning snuggling in bed and watching the vacation planning video. He also likes to watch the specials I tivo from the travel channel.

My DD who is three loves to watch the video of Wishes that you can find here. I first showed her this video about a year ago, before she made her first trip. I actually put it onto a DVD so she could watch it on our big screen TV.

Of course, she has never heard of "Wishes". She calls them "Cinderella's Fireworks".

My grands grew up watching the Disney park videos and when they went for the first time they were well able to tell their parents where they wanted to go next and just exactly how to get there.

The 3 year old showed the way from his stroller. He had told me he was far too old to sit in a stroller but after grandma explained how very big the park was and how tired his legs would get AND how jealous big brother would be of him getting to ride while brother had to walk he was converted. :cool1:

How I treasure those memories of my, now 13 year old, grandson sitting on my lap as we watched Splash Mountain etc. and I gave him a virtual ride. Wonder if he would like to reinact that now? I am willing to stand the pain for the pleasure of remembering those magic moments.

Slightly Goofy

My DS(3YRS.) is obsessed aswell.He watched allof the Disney planning videos and our home movies over and over.

If he notices that I am online he makes me watch the ride videos and look at everyone's vacation pictures.He really gets a kick out of seeing other kids at Mickey's House.I think I have the entire Test Track ride burned into my brain for eternity. :rolleyes: He watches that ride video everyday and keeps saying "I big enough to ride the VROOM VROOMS".Poor kid is still only 38" and we leave in a few weeks :worried:

My DS 4 loves to watch our old vacation videos as well as disney's planning videos. He'll watch and then recant what he thought of rides, parades ect. We have bought some old VHS tapes of the Disneyland Sing-A-Long from a video store going out business and he also enjoyes watching and singing to these. I think it's great. I'm a huge disney fan and now I'm raising another one. How fun!! :earsboy:

I am an adult and I just watched last year's WDW vacation video again last night with DH and DS. I am busy in the planning stage for this year and it helped me get in the spirit.

How about my DD(16) she loves to watch them all the time. She even pulls out all our trip video's and watches them. We all need a little disney in our day :wizard:

DS 14 watches the trip planning DVD everynight as he goes to sleep. In fact, one night as I was sleeping my son hung up on my bathroom door for me a long strip of paper that reads "List For WDW" and then underneath says "Start in now so you won't forget". :banana:

Butch50 - I just had to say that your photo in your sig is pretty cool -- mimicking Walt and Mickey....I think I might just have to try a shot like that next trip...

HUMMM, I don't think there's anything wrong with your child. 36 and 37 yo here and we have 4 different Disney park videos/dvds We watch them about 3-4 times a month. Your child is already disney obsessed, I usually takes years in the making... CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

We haven't gone yet, so my DD3 is not obsessed. However, you have made my decision about whether or not I lug the video camera around with me all week. I definitely will!!!! I can't wait for my Disney Obsessed Daughter!!! :rotfl2:

I am 31 (but still a Disney kid at heart) and I watch the trip planning videos and the video of when we took my Goddaughter for the first time on a regular basis! It's a great way to get in a little Disney til your next trip. ::MickeyMo

But if you think your kids are watching them too much, sounds like there's plenty of us here on the boards that would gladly take them for the afternoon to watch some videos! :rotfl:

Consider yourself lucky.
Imagine you being the one obsessed and having your kids not want to watch it with you anymore LOL
My kids have been to Disney many times, they are 11 and 7. My ds-7 will still watch it with me sometimes, but my dd-11 asks how many times I have to keep watching it and my dh asks what else more could I possibly learn LOL So was this question when I informed him this weekend that I MUST subscribe to TGM for our 10/06 Disney trip!!!!
So I say keep playing the cd and enjoy it while it lasts HEHEHEHE

JS, I know how you feel. That's why most of the time I watch them after everyone else is gone from the house, I feel like an addict that is hiding their addiction from the outside world.

My DD (2) is also OBSESSED!!! She even carries around the Barnhams's Planning Guide. She gets LOTS of strange looks at the Dr's office and anywhere else she whips out her "Mic Mouse Book". She tells people. . "I been dere and I wanna go gen."
The good news is. . . .That she IS going back Sept 2nd!!!! YEAH :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter