ANYONE ELSE?

mercydisney

Is it on sale?
More excited about the resort then the parks?
I am 17 more days and we will be in POR. I have not been their in ages and am excited to get new vibes about this resort.
Last time I was their I remember it being very spread out. I do not how I came to this conclusion since my favorite moderate resort is CB. And we all know how spread out that resort is.

So is their anyone else excited about their resort stay more then the parks?

For us the resort ranks at even with the parks. We like to spend time at the resort and do not just do parks every day. Looking at possibly staying at POR in March:)
Have a Magical time and you will enjoy POR, very well themed resort.

As we mature in our Disney travels, we spend more time at the resorts and less at the parks. We're probably never in a park more than 1-4 hours. Pool days every day! Hit a park in the AM, back for lunch, rest, pool, chill, then maybe back out for a bit in the evenings.

buzznina Enjoy your stay in POR!
GADisneyDad14 As I read your post I realized that the reason you stated is why I love staying in the resorts. Kids are older now and they can go on their own. I can relax in the hotel.

Absolutely! The resort is just as much the destination for me as the parks are. The GF is just really different to me, the architecture and furnishings/decor make me feel like I'm really away on vacation, rather than just 2 hours from home.

As we mature in our Disney travels, we spend more time at the resorts and less at the parks. We're probably never in a park more than 1-4 hours. Pool days every day! Hit a park in the AM, back for lunch, rest, pool, chill, then maybe back out for a bit in the evenings.

This is us as well, although some days we don't even go to a park. We love hanging out at the resort just chilling some days and heading to a different resort or DTD for dinner. We do enjoy the parks, but we also enjoy our resort time as well as spending time in DTD.

My partner is more excited about staying at YC and getting to spend his time at SAB than he is about the parks. But it's really the same on all our WDW or DLR trips, he loves his pool time. I'm the opposite--I live for rope drop--so we spend our mornings separately and then our evenings together in the parks.

My partner is more excited about staying at YC and getting to spend his time at SAB than he is about the parks. But it's really the same on all our WDW or DLR trips, he loves his pool time. I'm the opposite--I live for rope drop--so we spend our mornings separately and then our evenings together in the parks.
This is what makes a great vacation. When everyone has alone time.

More than the parks it's about even. Last we were there it was the same. I think we've evened out.

Me! Me! Me! :wave:

My two trips with DH and the kids have been park focused. One, it was pretty chilly when we went for much pool fun - my kids take their Southern seriously and are freezing in the water if ambient is below 70. I went on one with my mom, in between the family ones, and it was so relaxing! She gets motion sickness so a lot of the rides were too much for her. We saw shows and took our time exploring the 3 of the parks- DHS drew the short straw. Neither of us are pool people.

The next trip with DH and the kids will be made up of park days half the time and resort pool/DS/exploring other resorts the rest of the days. It's our first summer trip so we're taking it easy in the afternoons. I admit that I keep wanting to buy more park days to do MORE, but remember that my kids will be just as happy swimming as they would be on a ride. We're planning on a LOT of free time. I think it will be the best vacation out of all of them.

Oh! We're looking at a POR/YC split. The POR leg will be awesome with DS, Yehaa Bob, and lots of swimming for the kids. The YC part will have SAB afternoons and Epcot/DHS evenings for F! and the firework shows. So excited!

It's about even for us too. The advantage of going often is you get the chance to slow down and just enjoy the place. For me that's early morning walks around the resort then a cup of coffee on the balcony if I'm in a deluxe or in one of the secluded spots at the moderates. It's evenings, again on the balcony with a glass of wine or sitting outside and just relaxing. We leave the parks whenever we want and just go back to the resort and either hang out at the pool or hot tub or bar. Even when we are in the parks it's less about rides for us and more about just enjoying being there.

ABSOLUTELY! Picking the resort is by far the most fun part of planning the whole vacation! We have stayed at Contemporary, Grand Floridian, and this time around are staying Animal Kingdom Lodge and I think we have gotten equally excited at staying at all 3, lol...and I tell myself every year that no other hotel will ever compare to the excitement that I am feeling until we plan our next Disney trip and pick a new Disney resort, LOL

Yes! We've gone so many times, the resort is just as important as the parks... which is why we spend afternoons at the resort each day on our trips. This trip we are really excited to stay somewhere new, at the Beach Club. I'm so used to staying at POR, so the resort is more exciting for us this trip than the actual parks.

Absolutely! We're staying at POR for the first time ever, and I'm soooooo excited. :cloud9: Just as much about getting to spend time at the resort as I am about spending time in the parks! The resort sets the tone for the entire trip for us. :goodvibes

I'm actually building Yacht Club resort time into my next trip since I like the atmosphere of the resort so much. The majority of my dining reservations are going to be on-site and I plan on using the pool every afternoon.

I do like the parks, and with Hollywood Studios as my favorite park and within walking distance, I do plan on spending a lot of time at them, but for me, it's all about the theming of the resort and the restaurants as much as it is the parks.

We are so excited! The first time my husband walked in the boardwalk he said he had to stay there! It's finally a reality in just a few short weeks! I was also really excited when we stayed at the animal kingdom lodge and Coronado springs but this time ahhh I can't wait!!

Always! The parks are just the entertainment for our resort. Like a dinner show. lol We always spend loads of time at our resort.

Love POR! We were at Poly this last trip (amazing) and I had my moments of missing that POR. There is just something about POR that we love. Perhaps the theme? Not sure but it is fantastic. Enjoy!

In the same boat! We are staying at POR in a few weeks and it's my favorite :love:

I started to get to the point of just enjoying the resort but I'm no longer with my ex so now my BF is going and he's never done WDW! So we are squeezing in a lot. Though, we are planning on spending our first day enjoying the resort and Disney Spring. We want to rent a surrey bike!!

One day I hope to have just a resort day and spend time resort hopping, maybe during the winter holidays? ^_^

Yes! I felt the same way when we stayed at BWI. This year we're staying at ASMu and I'm not really feeling it, however my kids are really excited. At least we'll have free dining and get to stay longer than last year :thumbsup2 I think I'm officially to the point where I could almost do a resort only trip (deluxe) and be happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter