Anyone else who can't wait for Elf on the Shelf to start this year????

CinRell you are a sweetheart thank you soooo much for your kindness bless you:flower3:today I went to Target and FINALLY found one thanks to you guys:thumbsup2

CinRell you are a sweetheart thank you soooo much for your kindness bless you:flower3:today I went to Target and FINALLY found one thanks to you guys:thumbsup2

Ugh...really? Where did you find it in the store? I just went there today and didn't see any. I hunted EVERYWHERE today to find one. I tried TJ Maxx but the ones I found my husband said were "creepy". LOL

I've tried Walmart, TJMaxx, CVS, Target, and Dollar General. I thought for sure stores would be covered in cute little elves.:sad2:

I had plans to have ours come on Thanksgiving but I still haven't found one that's cute.

If anyone has a Sams Club membership, they have their own version of the shelf elf. It's a reindeer. It comes with book and reindeer for $14.99.

Last year on the budget board was my first experience with the ELf on the Shelf and then DS K class received one. SO he has the whole book and elf experience with it but DH and I don't. I am a cheapskate hence always being on the BB so I opted for a $3.99 Target elf instead this year.

I would love to deliver our elf tomorrow night but I would like to have a letter accompany him from Santa to introduce him to our family. I guess basically what the book would be without paying $29.99. Does anyone have a letter that they used or know of where online I could find him?

I would write one myself but I'm prepping Thanksgiving dinner and cleaning the house for tomorrow and my head is in a complete fog. I can feel the writers' bloc and headache coming on just thinking about it!

I also need a great name if anyone could offer that too. I am thinking that when we return from my fathers for our 2nd :rolleyes1 Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow on our doorstep will be the elf wrapped in abox with Santas letter. What do you think?

Our elf, Drew, will be arriving around Dec. 1st. The boys (10, 8, and 6 and the 10 year old is the most excited - whether he still believes or not) write a letter to Santa on Thanksgiving asking for Drew to come back. Drew set up a Facebook page during his visit last year and just tonight he posted that he was coming back to visit. I pretend to be annoyed because of his antics, but the boys just love him. :goodvibes

Drew came from Elf Magic. This year he'll be arriving with two new outfits. The boys will be thrilled. My oldest also made Drew a house, sleeping bag, and pillow this year.

Looking forward to getting more ideas! :thumbsup2 If anyone else has an elf with a Facebook page, PM me and maybe our elves can be friends. ;)

My oldest is 13 and then I have a 9 and 5 year old. Last night in the car, I say to my 13 year old, do you want to help me with Jingles tricks this year? In a serious voice, he says "he's really fake? You just made me so sad by not pretending he was real". I know he knows and has known for years about Santa and elves but he really didn't want to let the belief in the magic of Jingle go too! The saying in our house has always been "if you don't believe, you don't receive".

Because of my two younger ones, Jingle will be returning. Although, I am running out of different ideas!

My oldest DS is 14 and when I told him about the tooth fairy a couple of years ago I thought he was going to cry!

We have the saying also, "if you don't believe, you don't receive" - including leprachauns, Tinkerbell, and Santa. Today it got extended to Riley Jingler, who arrived in a big box in front of the fireplace. The boys are already really excited about him - although since my 9 year old DS wanted to sleep with him we had to make a pact that he had to sleep by the fireplace in his box. Not sure who is more excited about it - the kids or me!

Game on! When the boys woke up this morning they found stuffed animals hanging out of their stockings & when they pulled them out the elfs were holding onto the tags--my DS's were so excited! My DS5 tried to smuggle Elfie into the movies under his shirt but my DH caught him--boy was he mad. We had to explain that the elfs do not leave the house unless we just go for a ride to look at Christmas lights. Can't have them getting lost or Santa will be ticked! ;)

So, tonight the elfs are going to build towers out of the blocks--we'll start low key & move up from there! Last year they went fishing in our goldfish bowl & since then one of the two fish has died so I think we'll have them drop a replacement fish into the bowl one day. They have been getting the grand tour of the house & have been shown everything that has gone on since they left last year--this is the 2nd year that we're doing this. I just love watching my boys eyes light up--true magic for them! :wizard:

I've got my calendar typed up & will be filling each day in so I don't have to think when I'm exhausted at the end of the day. Keep the ideas coming!

I haven't read the other posts yet, but "Alex" came last night. We had so much fun with him last year. The Dollar Tree sells doll clothes that fit him. Last year he wore a policemen outfit. Last night I bought him a pirate outfit, baseball outfit and blue jeans/ checked shirt outfit. Can't wait to see what my family thinks of his new wardrobe.

If you haven't found your elf yet Barnes and Noble has the Elf on a Shelf kit on sale 30% off comes out to $20 bucks:thumbsup2.

"Ghosty" (DS is not very creative with names) came to our house on the night after Thanksgiving. The first night, he raided DS's Halloween candy stash and was found on the dining room table in a bona fide candy coma. The second night (after we had decorated the Christmas tree that day) Ghosty "helped" decorate the tree with DS's underwear. Then, the third night, Ghosty felt bad and Mrs. Clause reprimanded him for his naughty behavior, so he brought DS a doughnut for breakfast - with Christmas colored sprinkles.

Not sure what Ghosty will do tonight...

Please tell me your elf ideas. It's day 3 and I'm already out of ideas! So far, he got a cold (green tissues), put undies on the tree, and make the toilet bowl water green. I want my kids to have fun with it, but I've forgotten twice already! Part of my problem is that I work at night, so it's hard to do anything at 2 in the morning. Thanks for your ideas. Will try to read through this thread later!

Please tell me your elf ideas. It's day 3 and I'm already out of ideas! So far, he got a cold (green tissues), put undies on the tree, and make the toilet bowl water green. I want my kids to have fun with it, but I've forgotten twice already! Part of my problem is that I work at night, so it's hard to do anything at 2 in the morning. Thanks for your ideas. Will try to read through this thread later!

Here's my list of ideas

Setup DS's playmobile Christmas scene
Drive DS's cars
Make a Sleigh (shoebox, tissue box) with DS's stuffed animals as reindeer
Wrap silly things in Christmas paper and/or Christmas lights - DS's door, toilet, milk jug, etc
Buy a box of Christmas cereal as a treat/gift
Setup the elf to look like he's reading books to DS's stuffed animals
Setup the elf to look like he's been watching movies or playing Wii all night
Put tinsel everywhere (or not, but someplace unexpected)
Hang from the ceiling fan
snow angels in flour or sugar on the kitchen counter
setup the elf to look like he's fishing (toothpick and mini marshmallow)
make froot loop strings for bracelets/necklaces/tree decorations
make copies of his bottom
tie ds's shoelaces together
have a candy party (elf got into DS's halloween stash)
toothpaste/lipstick messages in the bathroom
can of snow to decorate the windows, mirrors, and leave messages
skiing on candy canes
stack all the cans in the kitchen into a christmas tree (decorate with tinsel if you're feeling froggy)
surprise pizza delivery from the elf
setup the elf to look like he's playing a board game with another stuffed animal
hang snowflakes and peppermints from ceiling
setup to look like elf and another stuffed animal had a snowball fight with cotton balls
put the elf in the freezer with peppermint ice cream
setup the elf with a remote for a RC car with another stuffed animal on the car
bake a birthday cake for jesus
give a small gift - ginger bread house
setup a band with other stuffed animals using DS's toy instruments
make colored glass - http://hurrayic.blogspot.com/2008/02/colored-glass-tutorial-for-kids.html
hide the elf in funny places - underware drawer, cereal box, stuffed in shoes

have fun!

We have been having so much fun with Frisbee, he arrived Thanksgiving night my GS (5) has been ELF CRAZY everysince. Always looking for new ideas, so please everyone post what your elf did last night!!

Frisbee (our elf) helped the tooth fairy last night, was found hanging from a big wall hanging we have in the kitchen, with a note and a gift from Tooth fairy.

I see from reading threads, some allow kids to touch elf, we don't (the book tells them not to touch) so our problem is always how to keep the elf out of his reach (to resist temptation, he touch him once and cryed for hrs thinking he took his magic, you would think he wouldn't touch him again, but you all know 5yr olds!!) so we keep him high.

Our elves our coming tonight - they're bringing chocolate advent calendars and a letter from Santa. Can't wait to see everyone's ideas :)

This morning our elf Eric made himself a ball pit in the bathroom sink using the plastic balls from my dd's ball pit.

Our Elf Elliott and his reindeer friend Jingles have been up to some fun :goodvibes Yesterday they took every available pillow in the house and made a pillow fort in the living room and today they set up a race around the house (one in each of my boots) and strung up a Finish sign made out of toilet paper (Jingles was the winner). Tonight I think they are going to be doing some redecorating :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter