• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else "watch the ticker'?

Jumpin'Jellyfish

Mouseketeer
Ok so, since I have been on here, probably a year or so, I have put a ticker at the bottom of the screen, as have many of you. I have looked and looked, watched and watched as it slowly dwindled down. On day 30 when it switched from months to days I began freaking out (in a good way of course) but freaking out nontheless.

NOW it says 15 days and I can't believe it! I just posted on another thread under a bride who was getting married in 2 months and 3 weeks and 2 days and I thought "I was just there wasn't I?"---where the heck did the time go?
It's flying is some weird can't-remember-my-name-but-i-know-im-getting-married way.

Sometimes I found myself posting to something just to see the ticker. Or look up an old post to see what it looks like at that time...

So...do you guys "watch the ticker" too? Or am I the only weirdo on this board? I know I'm not--come out of your closets----TICKER WATCHERS UNITE!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I must admit, I do it too. I just lost my 1 year and __months. Now its just months!

-Lauren

I have to force myself *not* to watch the ticker or I'll freak out about how much stuff I haven't finished yet! :rotfl:

I'm a ticker watcher too! I can't help it. When mine went to months I did freak out. I think I'm going to faint when it goes to days :laughing: . But really, it's a great feeling to know that you are getting closer to the day you'll marry the love of your life.

I keep my eye on it throughout the month, but I get so excited when it gets closer to being an even number of months away! We are almost down to 8 months! :woohoo: It is flying by so quickly!

I look at mine every time I'm on disboards :) I love watching the time dwindle down. I cant wait!

Only 15 days....That must be so exciting! Good luck with the last two weeks before the wedding :)

I can't stop watching mine either! My ticker was at 1 year and 7 months when i started... what happened!! :scared1:

You are so close, congrats! Exciting!

I look at the ticker every day, and I feel bad that I am wishing away the time. Sometimes I even text my DF what the ticker says!

I do exactly the same thing lol, mine won't be long till its down to days either. Its quite freaky how fast this year has flown by.

I removed my ticker because of the lack of space now, but we have one of those wedding countdown clocks (one of the gifts my DF got from the guy who made my engagement ring). When we set up the clock it was at 298 days. I can't believe it's down to 6 days now! :eek:

Sometimes I found myself posting to something just to see the ticker. Or look up an old post to see what it looks like at that time...

So...do you guys "watch the ticker" too? Or am I the only weirdo on this board? I know I'm not--come out of your closets----TICKER WATCHERS UNITE!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Ha ha! I'm such a ticker watcher. I have the one on here that counts down the actual number of days. Then I have one on my myspace that gives months and days. I never had over a year on my ticker b/c we got engaged in May and our wedding is in February. I tell you what though, all of my insanity has directly coincided with my ticker reaching the 90 day mark. :lmao: :scared: :hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter