Anyone else watch Supergirl?

I like it because it's not super serious. Not every show has to have a long story arch. The Flash is a meta-human of the week show, but people seem to really like it. Supergirl is basically exactly the same as The Flash, but with a female hero.

I think "prisoner of the week" is perfect.

I agree with the previous post - I like that the show doesn't take itself super seriously. It's also the main reason I prefer The Flash over Arrow. I don't need all my superhero/comic shows to have brooding heroes with tortured pasts.

I do think there will eventually be story arcs, but the villain-of-the-week formula will still persist within them.

Speaking of superheroes with tortured pasts, we started watching Jessica Jones on Netflix. Completely hooked. Not PG friendly though.

But good for Supergirl! Is it on hiatus? I don't think I have any new ones recorded.

Speaking of superheroes with tortured pasts, we started watching Jessica Jones on Netflix. Completely hooked. Not PG friendly though.

But good for Supergirl! Is it on hiatus? I don't think I have any new ones recorded.

There are two episodes left, tonight, and next monday. The show will then have a break like many other shows do for December/January.

I don't think it is anything more than PG-13. I love Jessica Jones now. I like that it exists in the same world as Daredevil and that they already introduced Luke Cage who will be getting his own series.

I really liked Krysten Ritter in "Breaking Bad".

I don't record. I just watch online. They're available next day on the standard CBS Flash website. However, mobile access (only seems to work through the app) seems to require CBS All-Access until 8 days after the episode airs.

It has been on every Monday since it started.

They ordered a full season and it's finally gone on winter hiatus.

** SPOILER ALERT **

The last episode was a little bit interesting, especially with one main character figuring out Supergirl's secret identity. However, I've read some indications that they're going to find some way around it. There have been interviews with David Harewood and Melissa Benoist indicating that Kara is going to see Supergirl fly. I'm guessing that would take care of the superhero trope of "How come we never see Clark and Superman together?" I've done some reading and apparently this particular character has helped out Clark Kent before to hide that he's Superman.

Again ** SPOILER ALERT **

The last episode was a little bit interesting, especially with one main character figuring out Supergirl's secret identity. However, I've read some indications that they're going to find some way around it. There have been interviews with David Harewood and Melissa Benoist indicating that Kara is going to see Supergirl fly. I'm guessing that would take care of the superhero trope of "How come we never see Clark and Superman together?" I've done some reading and apparently this particular character has helped out Clark Kent before to hide that he's Superman.

So they did end up using the J'onn J'onzz shapeshifting angle to put Supergirl and Kara in the same room together. I was wondering how long that was going to take. So in less than 10 episodes they've already gone through some of the best stuff in the bag of tricks.

Also - while I'm enjoying the series, these characters seem to have no problem talking on the street or in the office about things that would seemingly give away various secret identities. In my experience, if something is supposed to be kept quiet, people will generally find a room and close the door or whisper to each other.

Also - while I'm enjoying the series, these characters seem to have no problem talking on the street or in the office about things that would seemingly give away various secret identities. In my experience, if something is supposed to be kept quiet, people will generally find a room and close the door or whisper to each other.

I mentioned that to my wife too. Her response wasn't helpful to me, so it may not be helpful to you either, or maybe it will.... She said "They do it because its in the script". That's her go to answer when I complain about certain realities in movies and tv shows ;)

I mentioned that to my wife too. Her response wasn't helpful to me, so it may not be helpful to you either, or maybe it will.... She said "They do it because its in the script". That's her go to answer when I complain about certain realities in movies and tv shows ;)

Not just the talking, but the shapeshifting above the roof of the Catco Building seemed a little bit risky to me. I mean - it's not as if there's the chance that someone may be looking out the window of another building or perhaps from aircraft - and see this mysterious red glow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter