Anyone else tired of all the whining and complaining?

While I am completely happy with my DVC, we cannot and should not accept the fact that Disney/DVC have been cutting corners in their service. I also think members should bring it to their attention.

As far as complaining on the boards...sometimes it is nice to know if you are the only one experiencing problems at Disney, are they isolated incidents or if the majority of members enjoy their vacations.

I wouldn't call it complaining, but I may call it "comparing notes.":)

You must have recently gotten back from disney (or stayed in a holiday inn express) to be that enlightened.

It's the nature of the beast to complain... ;) As it was joked about earlier this posting was started to complain about complaining ;) :hug::hug: I do see where you are coming from though; it does seem there's a lot of unhappiness over one thing or another lately. And please take note I am not saying all the complaints are not without merit -- some of them are very valid, others are people needing to get things off their chest and others are just cause people complain/want to stir the pot. :rotfl:

Very happy dvc owner at multiple resorts, but I disagree I think it is perfectly ok for someone who does have an issue or problem with a product they have purchased. I agree sometimes its get a little extreme but I think here on the forums it is usually very productive in helping solve problems or sending someone in the right direction.

First there was Adam, then there was Eve, then came complaining.

I agree - too much complaining!... But put it in perspective - the economy is in the tank, people are losing jobs by the millions and losing their homes, having to sell their DVC contracts... it seems that those complainers have overlooked that fact that they can still go on a nice vacation.

Then again, I did see a grain of sand in the carpet at BCV last year.:rotfl:

The complaining came before Eve. "God, these creatures are great and all, but can't you make something a little more like me?"

(Genesis 2:18-20).

I think there are plenty of valid things to complain about- in fact I plan to complain to Disney about the following:

1) The Johnny Depp character in Pirates is always looking at my wife whenever we ride it. I would like to have words with him.

2) I'm pretty sure that the number of times they sing the chorus of It's A Small World on that ride is increasing every time I ride it. Enough already! I swear I hear that song coming out of my closet at night.

3) My last butterfinger caramel apple at DtD only had 2.5 butterfinger candy bars packed onto it instead of the normal 2.6 butterfinger bars. Must be part of that whole 'getting healthy' them with the menus.

4) When will Disney invest in WDW wide air conditioning for June through September? Don't they understand the pain and suffering they are causing people? Couldn't they just put a tent over the whole property with A/C? Afterall they are building baseball parks with retractable roofs these days.

5) I think the fridge in all 2 bedroom units should come pre-stocked with Coronas AND Limes. Why would Disney make us endure the heat and 4 hour Soarin' lines and not provide us with an ice cold Corona?

6) I'm done and over with regarding free Dining. I want to be paid to eat at some of the restaurants. Especially if it is the food at Sci Fi Dine. I'd eat there again for $20.

Oh, and the list can go on and on.

It's summer, it's hot, people get cranky.

Happens every year. ;)

I think it's the heat too!! :goodvibes

6) I'm done and over with regarding free Dining. I want to be paid to eat at some of the restaurants. Especially if it is the food at Sci Fi Dine. I'd eat there again for $20.

LOL!!! Exactly!! They should pay us for some of the hot mess they are serving in the restaurants. It is borderline "school cafeteria" food. oooops! I just complained on the complaining about complaining thread! loLLL!

:rotfl:Life IS crazy. It isn't always fair, but hey, I get to go to Disney every year:cool1: In my opionion that ROCKS. So yes, I am still happy with my DVC and I will continue to enjoy my vacations at SSR because it's all about the attitude and we are all in charge of our own attitudes:hippie:

You know just because we have it better than some people or that overall Disney is a great experience doesn't mean we have to go all stepford over it. It is okay to be annoyed at some aspects and voice it because if enough people get together and voice it there may be change. It is not like one of robot Walts is going to track us down where we sleep.

If people had not gone off the deep end in my thread we might have had a real discussion but people couldn't get past the SSR thing so they got defensive and kept dogpiling me. Now I don't even bother going in that thread because I am tired of trying to get it back on track.

I think there are plenty of valid things to complain about- in fact I plan to complain to Disney about the following:

1) The Johnny Depp character in Pirates is always looking at my wife whenever we ride it. I would like to have words with him.

2) I'm pretty sure that the number of times they sing the chorus of It's A Small World on that ride is increasing every time I ride it. Enough already! I swear I hear that song coming out of my closet at night.

3) My last butterfinger caramel apple at DtD only had 2.5 butterfinger candy bars packed onto it instead of the normal 2.6 butterfinger bars. Must be part of that whole 'getting healthy' them with the menus.

4) When will Disney invest in WDW wide air conditioning for June through September? Don't they understand the pain and suffering they are causing people? Couldn't they just put a tent over the whole property with A/C? Afterall they are building baseball parks with retractable roofs these days.

5) I think the fridge in all 2 bedroom units should come pre-stocked with Coronas AND Limes. Why would Disney make us endure the heat and 4 hour Soarin' lines and not provide us with an ice cold Corona?

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

For the record, I am very, VERY happy about our DVC purchases- best thing in the world for my family and for my mental health EVAAAAARRRR!!!!:thumbsup2

Call me a Pollyanna, but I love our DVC (even though I know not everything's perfect! ;))! I've looked forward to each vacation, and so far, haven't had any problems to speak of.

Ditto from Charlotte. I have been thinking exactly the same thing. I have grown little exhausted reading unqualified analysis of the "effects" of SSR on all of DVC from people that don't have any data other than their own calls into Member Services. Methinks in many cases that hindsight is rosy eyed.

I for one am an SSR owner for a couple of years that enjoys staying at SSR and likes to have fun. I plan for what I need to plan, and when I don't get what I want I find something else.

Leaving in 10 days and can't wait.

Keep mind there are other DVC and/or Disney message boards. Each one has it's own personality. While there is a wealth of info on the DIS, and lots of great posters, it can be a bit cantankerous compared to many of others.

I love DVC, and I love the DVC boards, but if I find a title that seems to be about complaining and I'm currently not in the mood to hear any, then I don't open that thread.

I SOMETIMES like to read about complaints, as I find that makes reading the posts very interesting. Don't know if I'd enjoy it much if all that was written was about green grass and blue skies.

Ditto from Charlotte. I have been thinking exactly the same thing. I have grown little exhausted reading unqualified analysis of the "effects" of SSR on all of DVC from people that don't have any data other than their own calls into Member Services. Methinks in many cases that hindsight is rosy eyed.

I for one am an SSR owner for a couple of years that enjoys staying at SSR and likes to have fun. I plan for what I need to plan, and when I don't get what I want I find something else.

Leaving in 10 days and can't wait.

It's a well known fact that SSR owners can book at any DVC resort (not just SSR) at 11 mos. out and take the reservations out from under the rightful owners of the remaining DVC resorts ;) Didn't you get the special MS phone line for SSR owners? It opens up at 8:30 AM Eastern time, an hour before the main MS phone line opens up for everyone else. I use it all the time :dance3:

And the punishment for your complaining is that you will be required to ride Small World 50 times in a row.

It's a well known fact that SSR owners can book at any DVC resort (not just SSR) at 11 mos. out and take the reservations out from under the rightful owners of the remaining DVC resorts ;) Didn't you get the special MS phone line for SSR owners? It opens up at 8:30 AM Eastern time, an hour before the main MS phone line opens up for everyone else. I use it all the time :dance3:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:, Yep the super secret SSR owners phone number works really well.;);).

We've had 7 DVC stays since joining in Dec 2006, 5 at WDW and 2 at VB and are still very happy with our purchase. Looking forward to our 4th Thanksgiving at WDW this year, especially since we have a Grand Villa booked(via the regular MS phone line, right at 11 months 9am EST).

We love our DVC. I have never had a problem that a phone call couldn't fix. Is DVC perfect no. Is it ever going to be perfect no. Is reading all the posts about the bus service getting old yes. Is whining about it on DIS going to fix it no. Should you have a assortment of cheese when you read some of the posts yes. ( we have a lot of whine a assortment of cheese would be nice) Could all the whining prevent others from joining yes. Is dinning going to get worse yes.( Disney is adding more rooms but not a lot of new places to eat).
I would keep going but I just ran out of cheese.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter