Anyone else think this would be icky?

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
'Human Bed Warming' Service Launched In UK

9:24am UK, Thursday January 21, 2010

Josh Halliday, Sky News Online
How to stay warm on those cold lonely nights away from home - the answer could be a "toasting suit" away.

Holiday Inn offering human sleeper service.

Holiday Inn employees keep bed warm for happy customer in Surrey

Holiday Inn, operator of over 4,000 hotels worldwide, will begin to offer a free five-minute "human bed warming service" at it's London Kensington hotel throughout next week.

If requested, a willing member of hotel staff will jump in your bed, dressed head to foot in an all-in-one sleeper suit, until your nightly chamber warms up.

"Like having a giant hot water bottle in your bed" is how Holiday Inn spokeswoman Jane Bednall described the idea.

Bed Warmers Jacqui Barry and Nick Woods (pictured) helped to beat the big freeze for Laurence Lancashire, centre, at the Holiday Inn Kingston-South in Surbiton, Surrey.

Dr Chris Idzikowski, director of the Edinburgh Sleep Centre, said the idea could help people get off to sleep.

He said: "There's plenty of scientific evidence to show that sleep starts at the beginning of the night when body temperature starts to drop.

"A warm bed - approximately 20 to 24C - is a good way to start this process whereas a cold bed would inhibit sleep.

"Holiday Inn's new bed warmers service should help people achieve a good night's sleep especially as it's taking much longer for them to warm up when they come in from the snow."

Ew.

If it takes a human bed warmer 5 minutes to warm up the bed, I think I can handle that 5 minutes myself.

:lmao: I read this last night and told DH this could be his retirement career. He always warms up my side of the bed while I'm still puttering around downstairs. I told him I'd be happy to write him a letter of recommendation.

'Human Bed Warming' Service Launched In UK

9:24am UK, Thursday January 21, 2010

Josh Halliday, Sky News Online
How to stay warm on those cold lonely nights away from home - the answer could be a "toasting suit" away.

Holiday Inn offering human sleeper service.

Holiday Inn employees keep bed warm for happy customer in Surrey

Holiday Inn, operator of over 4,000 hotels worldwide, will begin to offer a free five-minute "human bed warming service" at it's London Kensington hotel throughout next week.

If requested, a willing member of hotel staff will jump in your bed, dressed head to foot in an all-in-one sleeper suit, until your nightly chamber warms up.

"Like having a giant hot water bottle in your bed" is how Holiday Inn spokeswoman Jane Bednall described the idea.

Bed Warmers Jacqui Barry and Nick Woods (pictured) helped to beat the big freeze for Laurence Lancashire, centre, at the Holiday Inn Kingston-South in Surbiton, Surrey.

Dr Chris Idzikowski, director of the Edinburgh Sleep Centre, said the idea could help people get off to sleep.

He said: "There's plenty of scientific evidence to show that sleep starts at the beginning of the night when body temperature starts to drop.

"A warm bed - approximately 20 to 24C - is a good way to start this process whereas a cold bed would inhibit sleep.

"Holiday Inn's new bed warmers service should help people achieve a good night's sleep especially as it's taking much longer for them to warm up when they come in from the snow."

:scared1: Friggin, thats crazy. I wouldn't want someone I don't even know, warming my bed up!

Seems to me it would be cheaper, and a lot more sanitary to just put a hot water bottle in your bed for 5 minutes!!!

Yuck!!!!!!!

:confused: Doesn't it seem more cost effective to buy a few electric blankets, throw one on the bed for 5 minutes and remove the blanket before climbing into bed? You wouldn't have to pay salary or benefits to a blanket.:confused3

Besides the "eeewwww" factor, it's just plain silly..

I love getting into a warm bed as much as the next person but that is just so wrong. EWWWW! :scared1: Wonder how much they charge for that service?!?!

They must not have heaters in the rooms in England....

I don't want some stranger warming up the bed for me. One might think naughty things in the gossip circles if that happened.....

I love getting into a warm bed as much as the next person but that is just so wrong. EWWWW! :scared1: Wonder how much they charge for that service?!?!

I saw this on the news this morning. It's a free service.
alg_holiday_inn_bed_warmers.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter