Anyone else tear up?

pixiedust1

Mouseketeer
OK...so just got back from a FABULOUS trip tot he world, and was wondering something. Does anyone shed a tear or two when arriving, visiting, or departing the Disney? I always feel like an overgrown baby, because I often tear up upon walking down main street or when I watch wishes. Then as we are leaving I practically sob! Anyone else have these misty eyed moments on your trips?

I am the same exact way. My DH thinks I am nuts, but yet he too does get a warm fuzzy feeling whenever we are at WDW. However, he doesn't sob like I do (and of course the kids) when we are leaving, but you can tell his mood has definately changed from when we first stepped onto the property. I love the feeling that Disney gives whenever I see the Welcome sign as we are first coming and all the other feelings that it gives during our stay, but I really don't like that emptiness feeling when we are traveling back to MCO, especially on that tram to the hub, knowing that I will be soon getting onto a plane heading back to our cold and dreary suburb of Chicago.

it's the fake onion smell they pipe through the vents on main street to make you hungry

I am the same way. Our last trip a couple weeks ago I teared up when I saw Spaceship Earth from the bus, when I saw the castle for the first time and of course during Illuminations. When they lit up the castle the way they do...well that made me cry like a little girl. You are definitely not alone.

Yeah - I definitely tear up that first time I walk down Main Street at MK on each visit... We also do a tradition that on our last day we each choose our favorite attraction at the park we're in and we visit each one together as a family - I tend to tear up during these final attraction visits too. Sobbing has happened the evening before the last day (when I'm packing all my stuff up to head back home!) I have also sobbed as we've driven away to head back to the airport.

I guess for me it always feels like I've waited so long to get back to my *happy place* and then my time there goes by much too quickly!

Here's a :hug: for all the other softies out there who tear up during those wonderful moments spent at WDW!

When we were leaving last week aboard the ME bus, I was saying out loud in my best 5-year-old voice, "But I don't want to leave Disney, Can't we stay ust one more day." I got quite a few wierd looks, and was made fun of by a 12year old and her cousin. (they did agree with me however)

I am glad that I am not alone. The first time we went to Disney DH said it was our one and only visit. I cried the last day when we left Magic Kingdom. Well after some convincing, we went back the next year, and again I shed a tear on our last day. These were the first two family vacations we had ever taken, so I thought maybe it was just the whole its over, shed a tear kind of thing. Well, the past two years, we went to Branson for our vacation. No shedding a tear as we left there!

So, my theory is that maybe that is what the weird taste is in the water! Disney is adding something to make us so emotional!!!! LOL:laughing: :rotfl:

Paula

You're definitely not alone! I cried when we were on the ME bus back the airport after our honeymoon. I didn't want it to end!

hehe I live locally and there are still a few things at the parks that can tear me up on some days at disney... although I'm sure being a girl attributes to that.

I teared up as I was walking down Main Street on our arrival night. I was taking a picture of my son on Dumbo (he was two elephants behind me) and the lady in the elephant behind us was BAWLING her eyes out. She was trying to explain to her three-year-old that they were happy tears, not sad one.

When I arrived home and listened to the Wishes CD, I teared up again.

I also teared up while reading the first post in this thread!

My name is ScubaD and I admit that I too will gloss over (when nobody is around of course). I was viewing the vacation CD of our vacation in 2007 aboard the Disney Wonder and on this vacation several of our kids friends and also our best friends and their family joined us on the cruise. What overwelmed me was the excitement and joy everyone had on this trip and that even today the teenagers tell us how much fun they had with us, the "old fogies".

I will ask my DW if she ever regrets being such a huge fan of Disney and she quickly says "NO!".

Thank you Walt and Roy for your vision and determination to bring families and friends together.:thumbsup2

I definitely tear up on that first and last trip down Main Street on each and every trip. And it's even worse when we get home and I'm going through withdrawals because I cry at every Disney commercial!

I forgot to mention that on December 20, 2008 our daughter's BF will propose in Sleeping Beauty's Castle in Disneyland. He had asked both families to join him as he does the asking. I promise you that there will be a few tears.

I was at the MK for one day in October. It was the very first time I've driven to WDW. Usually I fly into MCO, picked-up by some shuttle service (now I use the Magical Express), stay for at least a week and use Disney transportation.

I wanted to cry when I had to get on that tram (for the first time in my life) to go back out to the car park. It was 1:00 am - after MNSSHP - and all I could think was just how wrong it was that I was being taken to my car in the car park and not on a Disney bus to my Disney hotel and I wanted to cry that my one and only day was over.

I've never teared up upon arrival or anything like that but leaving is what gets me - it's too depressing.

I don't cry really, maybe a tear or 2 in the CP, but a few years ago, I had been out of the country for 4 months, and w/in 5 days of being back, my friends (who were with me abroad) and I went to WDW as a group and saw how crazy about Disney I was......during Wishes, I reverted to my disney awe and my friends decided to make fun of me......and I booed them HAHA

I definately cry...when we are on the way, on ME, upon arrival at the resort, walking down Main Street and seeing the castle...watching wishes...watching my children watching Wishes...OK, so I guess I spend half of our vacation tearing up;) ! But I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Oh yeah, I also cry when leaving the resort...on the way back to the airport...on the airplane home...

I definately tear up at least twice a trip- Wishes gets me everytime and also American Aventure (I know some of you prefer to sleep, but it always gets me!)

I cry inside because my husband would totally make fun of me. The husband skips and giggles a lot. I stand and look down Main street while trying to breath in the moment for as long as I can before the crowd knocks me down. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter