• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else take the $$ off and not the DDP?

JenG

Mouseketeer
We just bought at SS and decided to take the $10 off per point instead of the double developer points. We were going to buy 250 but bought 275 instead.

We decided to buy 25 extra points with the $2500 savings so we will now have 1,175 more points over the life of the contract as opposed to the 500 points that we would have had to use in one year.

Of course, we have to pay dues on it but I think the extra 25 points a year will be more helpful than having to blow all 500 points this year. As it is, our use year is March so we are banking all of our 2007 points to 2008 anyways. We'd then have to use 500 points by August 2008 plus our 2007 banked points by March 2009.

Does that make sense to anyone else?

Sorry - DDP meant double developer points! My DVC sales member kept using that abbreviation for the points that I guess I just picked it up!

LOL, well here DDP means Disney Dining Plan. If you see no way to go before your next use year starts, and you can bank this year's points, I would take the discount for sure.

We just purchased AKV and decided to take the credit because the double developer points expire and cannot be banked. While the kids would love to go to Disney tomorrow if possible, given our work & school schedules, we weren't certain if we would be able to travel before they expired (I'd like to go next fall or December).

We also took the discount. More points I couldn't bank until next year wouldn't have done me any good so we took the discount and also bought more points than we had originally planned.

I just added on today and took the $8.00 off instead of the DDPfor AKV. I was going to purchase 100 points but instead with the cash off went with 160 points. Susan

I believe that the new Woodfield Doorway to Dreams is offering 110 points plus 110 developer points plus $10 off SSR. and other variations where you get both developer points and $10 off forSSR or 8 for AKL?

Anyone know for sure this is still available?

We were never offered the developer points, but the cash discount would have ben a better choice for us anyway. We could not have use the points.

I believe that the new Woodfield Doorway to Dreams is offering 110 points plus 110 developer points plus $10 off SSR. and other variations where you get both developer points and $10 off forSSR or 8 for AKL?

Anyone know for sure this is still available?

Offer for ADD-ONS is available until August 31st. You must visit in person. For SSR you receive $10 off per point and for AKV you receive $8 off. IN ADDITION to the cash discount, there are three levels of developer points.

110 points + cash discount + 110 developer points
160 points + cash discount + 240 developer points
210 points + cash discount + 420 developer points

Banking deadlines are waived for regular points and you have 12 months from closing date to use developer points. We are heading over next week to investigate further.

We bought 180 pts at AKV. We were going to take the points, but decided to take the credit and buy 180 pts instead of 160 pts. We decided that we would rather have our next 50 vacations be 20 pts nicer than haing the one great vacation that the developer points would give us.

We knew there would be no way we'd be going back in the next year so we went with the discount over the points. Just can't spring airfare for 5 from O'Hare in the next year.

I took the money off. I was temporiarly financing part of my VAK add on and it did not make sense to "finance" a current vacation using those developer points even it was only for a month or two. I think people sometimes don't think about that cost and it can add up, if you have a lot of points and take the 10 year financing option!

We took the cash. Like many of the other posts, we really couldn't use the developer points. The deal at the time was one or the other. We were going to buy in at 180, but bought in at 210 and took the cash discount. I am already glad that we bought the extra points. They have already come in handy.

Offer for ADD-ONS is available until August 31st. You must visit in person. For SSR you receive $10 off per point and for AKV you receive $8 off. IN ADDITION to the cash discount, there are three levels of developer points.

110 points + cash discount + 110 developer points
160 points + cash discount + 240 developer points
210 points + cash discount + 420 developer points

Banking deadlines are waived for regular points and you have 12 months from closing date to use developer points. We are heading over next week to investigate further.

Wow that is a great deal if going to add on anyway. Makes me wonder if I should add on now rather than wait or buy a different TS for tradeing either into DVC or other places.:confused3

Wow that is a great deal if going to add on anyway. Makes me wonder if I should add on now rather than wait or buy a different TS for tradeing either into DVC or other places.:confused3

Agreed. We were looking into doing an add-on through our guide and taking the discount. Now going to Chicago we can have both the discount and points. Double points was not a big deal to us, the discount was. But if we can get matching or 1.5 times developer points for the add-on we want to do, plus get the discount........as my kids say, DUH DAD!

I took the Developer points, instead of the $8 off. Now I have rented the developer points out (since I really did not need them); therefore in effect lowering my AKV cost per pt to $81.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter