Anyone else stuck at WDW because of the snow in the northeast?

tink_n_pooh

<font color=darkorchid>my TP isn't going anywhere.
DH & I are stuck at WDW because of the big storms in the northeast. We were supposed to fly home to NJ on Thursday which turned into Friday which has now turned into Tuesday morning!!

Of all places to be stuck WDW isn't a bad choice. We are sitting in our studio at SSR (a huge thank you to Jesus at SSR for getting us the room and being so very kind today!!) and just relaxing for the night. We were even able to add a few extra days onto our park tickets ($3 and change a day, not bad :thumbsup2 ) so we can enjoy the parks while we are "stuck" here.

Last I talked to anyone at home we have a about 36" of snow and it was still falling.

We didn't actually get stuck there-but at the airport....our flight was coning from Tennesee & they were having bad weather there-we would've much rather preferred staying at the resort or parks than sitting in the airport for 3 hours!

We didn't actually get stuck there-but at the airport....our flight was coning from Tennesee & they were having bad weather there-we would've much rather preferred staying at the resort or parks than sitting in the airport for 3 hours!

We were lucky enough that we found out our flight was cancelled far enough in advance that we weren't at the airport yet. No thanks to calling continental on that though, its impossible to get through to them on the phone during a big storm like this, we kept checking their website from our phone.

I was thinking ahead this morning and didn't check our bag with magical express otherwise we would be stuck with no luggage for awhile :sad2:

That's a good problem to have.
Happened to us a few years back....they cancelled the lfight 15 minutes before take off because of ice back home.

We had to get our luggage, re-rent the car, go back to the hotel and rent a room for one more night. I loved it. DH hated it.

I would love to be stuck in WDW :lovestruc ... I am so tired of shoveling snow here in NJ :sad2: ... enjoy your extra days in WDW, they are saying that we may be getting more snow showers next Wednesday :faint:

We were lucky enough that we found out our flight was cancelled far enough in advance that we weren't at the airport yet. No thanks to calling continental on that though, its impossible to get through to them on the phone during a big storm like this, we kept checking their website from our phone.

I was thinking ahead this morning and didn't check our bag with magical express otherwise we would be stuck with no luggage for awhile :sad2:

Enjoy another night there...like other posters have said-it's pretty good to be "stuck" there!

I'll trade spots with you:rotfl2: You will get back just in time for the next one Weds, from what I'm hearing by some reports it could be huge (still have some days to go, so hopefully it changes)

Snowmageddon 2010:scared1:

I would much rather be stuck in WDW than here in NJ. My arms are killing me from shoveling and it is still snowing! Last report we have about 28 inches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter