Anyone else regret Chef Mickey's?

casieleigh

Earning My Ears
Just got back from 8 days and one of our worst meals was CM. Waited 40 minutes even though we had ADR. Food was yucky, warmed over old tasting. Sat at a round table in a back corner where about 1/2 of the table couldn't get out to get food without the other half of the table getting up to let them out (which would be OK at a TS restaurant, but is a huge pain at a buffet!) Characters were good, but overall meal was a big miss. Definitely won't do it again, but glad we at least tried it I suppose. I was really looking forward to this one, but was disappointed. Anyone else?

Just got back from 8 days and one of our worst meals was CM. Waited 40 minutes even though we had ADR. Food was yucky, warmed over old tasting. Sat at a round table in a back corner where about 1/2 of the table couldn't get out to get food without the other half of the table getting up to let them out (which would be OK at a TS restaurant, but is a huge pain at a buffet!) Characters were good, but overall meal was a big miss. Definitely won't do it again, but glad we at least tried it I suppose. I was really looking forward to this one, but was disappointed. Anyone else?

I think we must have similar tastes...:rotfl2:

We have done "Chef Icky's" 3 times now, the last time being in July, so clearly we gave it a fair shot. It has progressively gotten worse each time. The food, the service, the cleanliness :sick:

Even my kids have told us they never want to go back there.

We enjoyed breakfast here but found dinner choices to be lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We ate there for the first time in April and although there was nothing remarkable, everyone seemed to enjoy their meal (3 adults, 2 kids); but our primary reason for being there was the character interactions which were fabulous.

Our table was a bit easier to manage, so it was easy to get in and out, which I appreciate more now hearing about yours. It sounds like several people have not enjoyed it, so maybe we just got lucky. :confused3

We're not going back on our next trip, but only because we are trying to go only to restaurants we've never tried before. I'll probably go there again on a future trip.

We ate at CM about 4 years ago - I was SO excited to go, since I had heard it was a "must do". We waited over an hour (with and ADR). For that reason alone, we have never been back.

We do love Disney's character breakfasts....we do one almost daily. My opinion is that there are so many other GREAT experiences for a character breakfast, that we don't waste our time of going to CM's.

Also, in case some people may not know, you can made a ADR for a character breatkfast IN a park prior to the park opening (say Crystal Palace at MK - for an 8 am breakfast - with a 9 am park opening)... and get to walk down Main Street almost by yourself!!! It's a GREAT photo opportunity as well! (and you can eat AND be IN the park for opening!!) :yay::yay::yay:

yes. i did it once for breakfast. Not impressed with the food. never again.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

Reading all your posts makes me feel better about canceling my CM breakfast and going for Cape May breakfast instead. :goodvibes

I have to admit I have been looking for one of these to open up... but now I'm def not heartbroken that none have.

It seems like these 'Must Do' restaurants give the impression that they are must do, but are starting to become a must avoid!

I ate their at the beginning of October for dinner. I was not impressed at all. I will not be going back for dinner. I am however going to try it for breakfast in june just to give it a fair shot since i like CP for breakfast but not dinner, my thought is it maybe the same with CM

We eat here every trip for breakfast only. We've never done lunch or dinner since we're usually not really up to a buffet type of meal around those times. We've never had a bad experience nor has the food been bad. I think it's all a matter of tastes honestly and time of year when it comes to the wait times. This breakfast is one of my husbands favorites. He enjoyed it more then the Tusker House which a lot of people prefer over Chef Mickey's. Again I just think its all about personal preference :)

I thought I was the only one! Ate there in June and never again! Very limited choices and bland at that. Would certainly pick Cape May, CP or 1900 for breakfast or dinner in the future.

Yep. We regret Chef Mickey's every time we go back (which lately has only been when a travelmate who hasn't ever been requests it).

The characters there are great, but the buffet is horrible.

I also agree with the cleanliness comments from earlier - we find dirty plates on the buffet, sticky and/or greasy tables and chairs, and other problems there way more often than we should (and way more often than at any other WDW buffet). I know the stains on the carpet/floor and marks on the walls are to be expected at such an active buffet restaurant (kids will spill when carrying food, chairs will hit walls, etc), but to me dirty dishes and things like dried-out, caked-on, baked-on food stuck to buffet tables is an operational problem, not normal wear-and-tear.

We ate there once for breakfast, in 2010. We only waited about 10 minutes past our ADR time. The food was just okay, and I have no desire to ever go back. I'd choose Crystal Palace over Chef Mickey's any day.

Looks like I'll be skipping this one yet again, we cancelled our ADR last time we were there, we were just so sick of Buffets, I was going to try to add this one, but now I won't.

Yes, I regretted eating there for breakfast and dinner. I think the food and setup at other meals are so much better. Specifically, CP and Tusker House.

I have regretted Chef Mickey's ever since the time Donald mugged and beat me senseless in the buffet line, leaving me for dead, face-down in a tray of macaroni 'n' cheez.

:lmao:

And I bet he wasn't wearing pants at the time, either. I hope you pressed charges and had him thrown in Disney jail. Those ducks can be vicious.

I don't regret eating at Chef Mickey's, but I will probably not be going back for a long while.

We ate there last year on Christmas Day for lunch. At the time, I don't think it was regularly open for lunch but this was special for the holiday.

Our family of 4 had a good location not too far from the food, but on the side where not many people had to walk by us. The Characters were great. I would go again just for the characters. (Maybe if I ever have grand kids to take)

I didn't think there's was anything wrong with the food. Three of us (me, DH, DS8) had our fill. There were all the standard breakfast foods and some lunch foods as well. My DD16 however was on a very picky streak that trip and only at a some hash browns and 3 pieces of bacon. That was the most expensive bacon I have ever paid for. I told her that there will be no more buffets for us unless she is paying for herself.

It didn't seem any dirtier than any other buffets I have been to, but maybe my standards are not as high as some.

We usually don't eat at places at other resorts and stick to park restaurants or the occasional DTD restaurant, but we were not planning to visit a park on Christmas Day, and just resort hopped to see the decorations.

We ate at Chef Mickey's in September for breakfast. We actually enjoyed it. Was it anything special? No. We thought both 1900 PF and CP were both better breakfast buffets than CM. But it was good food and good character interaction. Too bad our girls (4 and 20 months) did not want ANY character to come to our table :lmao: even though they each tried multiple times!

regret it?? no- but i would agree with a lot of your opinions....then again we didn't go to CM's for the food; we went for the location, characters, monorail passing by, etc....

i will say this- if you don't have the dining plan it is definitely not worth the $$$ you pay...

I enjoy good food, but set my expectations lower at WDW, especially at buffets. As other have said, we are there because DD7 and DD5 love characters. We have done dinner twice. Food was average but edible both times. Service was average first time and good last time. Characters are great! We did have that wait issue even with an ADR first time. Last time no wait. I have had better and worse experiences at other character meals. For me - I have learned not to make a later breakfast reservation. Characters seem "done" and food doesn't seem to be fresh. Haven't tried Cape May or Tusker House, but 'Ohana is our new favorite character meal - family style rather than buffet seems to provide fresher food and you don't have to stress about missing characters when you go get food. And Mickey is there - hard to beat that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter