Anyone else over buying for the trip?

tlcintheberry

Mouseketeer
Everytime I go to walmart I am picking up stuff here and there for the trip. Travel size things, new VACATION clothes, new underwear, new socks. Anyone else spending a fortune on stuff??? I am about ready to pack. We leave Friday!!!!! I have everything in order, I think. The only thing I did not buy was the over the door shoe hanger to put stuff in. It was 12 bucks and I had already spent enough today. I thought they were cheaper than that.

I wouldn't say I was overbuying but I am in a rock. I am dieting and have lost 40 pounds so far. My vacation is in August so how do I buy clothes? I ordered one of Disney's ladies bathing suits and still need to lose a little but it doesn't fit very well in the bust. I hate projecting my weight lose and what size I might be by August.

I always over buy. I found myself picking stuff up today and saying oh this will be great for my trip. My trip isn't until 9/30. so I put it back. I promised myself I would not over pack. bring 20 outfits for my ds4 when he'll only need 10. And lets not forget the 50lb weight limit for luggage. Now about the over the door shoe holder, do you have a dollar store near you. I saw them there.

Disney Crazy Diane... How did you loose the weight? I would like to loose 25 lbs but seem to be having a heck of a time doing it. Congrats on the weight you did loose.

I've already started buying things for my September trip - just little things I see at Wal-Mart. I figure if I spread the buying over 5 months, I won't notice the cost so much. Besides, it's much better to buy at home than to have to buy things at Disney. I started by DNeice and DNephew with 3 Disney t-shirts from Wal-Mart/Disney Store on the last trip, at a cost of about $5-$6 ea., and it sure cut down on souvineer spending (at least for clothes). I hope to do the same this trip, when I find good deals.

Disney Crazy Debbie-

Same thing here. We always buy a lot of things before, from clothing to toiletries, to even snacks that we put in a suitcase. THe DH is worse than any woman I know and usually has at least 2 outfits for each day! Crazy! I do pack extra for the youngest ones, but the rest I figure I can use the laundry if need be while they are in the pool or something.

Congrats on the weight loss! That is the hardest journey of my life. Lose 20 gain back 30. What is working for you? Whatever it is stick to it and good luck!! :banana:

I have been overbuying matching shirts for DH, DD11, DS8, & myself.

We already have enough matching Disney shirts for almost every day of our 9 day trip in May - -but on Sunday I ordered 2 more sets of matching t-shirts.

We're each getting the new Disney Logo t-shirts from Disneyshopping.com in the turquiose color & the lime color.

We plan to wear one of them in the pictures we're going to have taken in the Kodak lab in Epcot.

hey, i say shop at the walmarts in fl they are so much better then the ones here where i live, i guess because they cater to tourists.

Disneydreaming6 said:
I always over buy. I found myself picking stuff up today and saying oh this will be great for my trip. My trip isn't until 9/30. so I put it back. I promised myself I would not over pack. bring 20 outfits for my ds4 when he'll only need 10. And lets not forget the 50lb weight limit for luggage. Now about the over the door shoe holder, do you have a dollar store near you. I saw them there.

Disney Crazy Diane... How did you loose the weight? I would like to loose 25 lbs but seem to be having a heck of a time doing it. Congrats on the weight you did loose.

I decided to join Kristy Allie and do Jennie Craig. It works for me because it makes me looks like the "Freezer Queen." LOL. I had tried Weight Watchers before and lost a lot of weight but then preganency occurred and I haven't been the same since. Well, I decided I couldn't stand it any longer so I tried WW again but it just didn't click for me this time. I decided to try Jennie's and I love it. We are always on the go and I don't have to think about it too much. I started at the end of September and have lost 40 so far but I still want to lose about 80 pounds.

Overbuy, overpack! That's what we do! About a month before we leave, we start picking up stuff for the trip at places like Big Lot. I have already looking at clothes to buy. We pack enough clothes for 2 changes a day! Last year I took so many pairs of shoes, you would have thought that I was Imelda Marcos! CRAZINESS I tell ya! :lmao:

I am doing the same thing. My trip is in Sept. I have bought two new strollers(pink umbrella ones princess: ), even though I have three strollers already. I have bought a new camcorder........nothing wrong with the old one. I have started buying me and the girls new clothes and bathing suits. Plus I plan to buy each of the two oldest girls thier own personal dvd players for the minivan ride. By the time I get through buying stuff I won't be able to afford the trip. All DH can say is " STOP THE MADNESS!!!". :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Disney Crazy Debbie said:
I wouldn't say I was overbuying but I am in a rock. I am dieting and have lost 40 pounds so far. My vacation is in August so how do I buy clothes? I ordered one of Disney's ladies bathing suits and still need to lose a little but it doesn't fit very well in the bust. I hate projecting my weight lose and what size I might be by August.

Amen to that! I don't have a trip coming up but buying summer clothes is a chore.... I've been shopping at Gabriel Brothers during my weight loss so I'm not spending a ton on these "in between clothes"... congrats on the loss!

daisyduck123 said:
I have been overbuying matching shirts for DH, DD11, DS8, & myself.

We already have enough matching Disney shirts for almost every day of our 9 day trip in May - -but on Sunday I ordered 2 more sets of matching t-shirts.

We're each getting the new Disney Logo t-shirts from Disneyshopping.com in the turquiose color & the lime color.

We plan to wear one of them in the pictures we're going to have taken in the Kodak lab in Epcot.

:lmao: I'm doing the same thing! Every time a new set of matching shirts come in the mail...my whole family just rolls their eyes. :rolleyes: It could be worse...we all had matching tye-dye shirts one year. :thumbsup2 DH was loving that. :sad2:

momoflizandains said:
What is the over the door thing for?

The "over-the-door" thing is an over-the-door shoe organizer. It was a suggestion on this site that you use it for toiletries, WDW schedules, whatever fits in it and you just hang it over the door. It would work well in most of the rooms because the bathrooms usually only have a shelf or whatever to store all that you need. Plus you can keep first aid items like band-aids, first aid cream, foot fixes, things for blisters, etc. It sounded great for organization so I bought mine through Disneyshopping.com but you can get them cheaper at dollar stores, etc. I plan on using mine once I get home.

Congrats on the weight loss. I also did Weight Watchers and lost 30 lbs. Unfortunely I gained back 25. The next time I went I also just could not click. I will have to try Jenny Craig!!
I am so overbuying. I even went thru the kids dressers to see what clothes we could bring. They have outgrown everthing from last summer. At least that is what I am telling my DH. :rotfl: I love the idea of matching shirts for the family! :love:

Angela Kay said:
:lmao: I'm doing the same thing! Every time a new set of matching shirts come in the mail...my whole family just rolls their eyes. :rolleyes: It could be worse...we all had matching tye-dye shirts one year. :thumbsup2 DH was loving that. :sad2:

I do have matching tie-dye shirts too...but DH doesn't want to wear them. Over this spring break I am going to try the Mickey Head flour & water painted shirts that I saw on the DISigns forum....they look soooo cool.
DH said he would wear that.

Take a look...what do you think?

I am the same way. Everytime I go to the store I'll either have a list of some things I want to pick up or I'll think of something new and get it then. It adds up but I try to start a couple months ahead of time getting all the stuff together.

Ever since we booked our trip I see everything Disney! :cool1: I can't help but buy it. :teeth: Wish I could get DH to wear matching shirts!!

I agree that if you buy over a period of time, it doesn't seem like alot!!!! :rotfl2: I have started making "small" layaways for summer clothes for our trip. Am going to try very hard not to buy anymore until the "end of season sales" start. Then the credit cards are going to be SMOKIN! :rotfl: Actually, I have been buying small things since last March,(05) when we thought about going to WDW. I have a basket setting in the downstairs closet that I put all the little things in. Every now and again, I go through it to see what I haven't bought, shampoo, conditioner,asprin, etc. all travel sizes. Got to save space. I also heard about some disposable toothbrushes that I am going to try and find. Yea, I would say I am an "Overbuyer"!!! :rotfl2:
Have a "magical day"!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter