Anyone else notice the December 6 Target ad?

egesicki

Mouseketeer
$5 Target gift card with purchase of two gift cards from a selection including Disney.

Yep, I bought lots last week. Using your redcard and buying the $25 denomination, I paid $128 for $150 worth of cards. Needless to say I went back and bought more. The percentages aren't as great if you buy the $50 of $100 ones. But still a good deal. They ended up taking the $15 directly off the price instead of giving me Target gift cards because the register wasn't doing it right. I think this week they will be actually giving you the $5 Target cards since it specifically says that in the ad.

I stocked up today. The register did not recognize the deal with the $100 gift cards, so I ended up with $50 ones, but I received more $5 target cards this way. My store did not have the $25 denominations. I also saved 5% with the target card!

It will run till target closes next Saturday. I will be buying a ton lol

Its a GREAT deal if you get the $25 denomination. Had to really look for them and they weren't signed as part of the promo. Bought 2 at first just to try. After I realized I got the 5% for the Red Card AND the $5 Target card ((which I turned into more Disney cards) I went on a spree.

What am I missing? Why is it a better deal w the lower denominations?
Say you are planning on buying $200 worth of Disney gift cards. If you purchase them in $50 increments you would be buying 4 cards which would give you 2 $5 target cards. If you buy in $25 increments you would be buying 8 cards which would give you 4 $5 target cards.

In the ad on the target app it is on page 24 bottom right corner. The page with the minions movie on it. Its a couple pages past the offer for the $5 card for 2 iTunes cards.

Mine is the same way--- overall its a good deal esp if you can combine with your redcard

It is definitely buried! I missed it when I looked at the ad yesterday. And there really was not much in the way of signage at the store showing the deal. The Apple cards had a sign by them everywhere, but only on one aisle did I see a sign showing the offer for the Disney ones and this was by the $100 cards.
I had to search quite a bit to find $25 cards, but was able to find a bunch on a large gift card display towards the front of the store. I bought $1000 worth, got $100 in target gift cards, and another $50 off with my red card discount, so a full 15% off! I am so glad I saw this post this morning

Got a bunch today! My Target did not have the $25 ones up front in any of the displays or checkouts. I found a bunch in electronics! :)

ok..heading to target today....after work. can i buy them in a lump sum? or do i have to buy 2 at a time?

I did 16 at a time. I don't think there was a limit. I would have grabbed more but my store didn't have a lot of the 25s.

At one Target they would only let me do 8 cards at one time. The customer service guy said that was the limit per customer per day. I went to another Target and they let me buy 16 at one time. I think it depends on the mood of the person at the time.

If anyone else has Goplaysave books, I used my $5 off $50 Kroger coupons to buy Target cards, then used those to buy DISNEY cards, for total savings of $20 per $100 AND used my Disney Visa so I am getting that 2% back. I will bring GCs with me and add to my account, giving me a lot of OBC for my cruise on Sunday...where I will be gold for the first time, so I can use that OBC in the gift shop and get another 10% off. Dooney and Bourke here I come !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter