• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else NOT want to go to WDW without their spouse...

I am headed to Disney in 4 days with my very close girlfriend. Our spouses are staying at home and so are our kids. :blush: I believe it will be different and I will miss my husband and mostly my daughter, but it will still be a blast.

My husband's first trip was in 2004. He did not have ANY interest in Disney and I had actually started a thread here to help him get excited about going. I would just HATE going without him now that he's finally gone. I would, I guess, if I had to or if he just refused to go, but part of the whole 'magic' is sharing it with those you love, you know? And, YES, I LOVE MY CHILDREN, but there is the whole adult magic thing, too. . .

Going with just the kids would be fun, but it would seem to me as if we were just doing this for them. Going with the entire family makes it an "us" trip. I don't know, I guess I'm not explaining my feelings too well, but the things that are fun for us, as adults, are sometimes different than what is just fun for the kids. . . and I want to share those kind of special things with the guy I love.

I went once without dh and it was truly awful. I kept riding rides and seeing things that reminded me of past trips or I stood their wishing he was there to share it with. If you feel in your heart not to go without him, don't go. You'll regret it.

Luv2CtheMouse said:
I am headed to Disney in 4 days with my very close girlfriend. Our spouses are staying at home and so are our kids. :blush: I believe it will be different and I will miss my husband and mostly my daughter, but it will still be a blast.
Just wanted to say I hope you have a great time. :)

I am going on the DIS Ladies only Trip in Sept. Actually I started the whole thing. :rolleyes1 :teeth:
I have NEVER been anywhere without my DH ever. So this will be an interesting trip for me. I'm sure I will miss him and call him and my 4 kids daily at least once, but I am looking forward to experiencing something new and meeting new friends.

My DH is my best friend. We met when we were only 13 and have been with each other since age 16 (I'm 34 now). But I think the difference is that WDW is not "our" place. We have only been twice before so I guess it's different for me. And he's not as into Disney as I am.

Also the type of trip this will be is not the same as it would be with my family. We'll be doing different things. There are over 50 of us going without our husbands and kids so I guess we'll see how it goes.

I do understand what some of you are saying though. I could never go to Vegas without my DH. We love it there and that is probably "our" place. ;)

Last time my DH was at WDW was Nov. 2001 when the whole family went, including his parents and sister and her family. I have been there 11 times since without him, including last October when I was there on our anniversary and he stayed home! I asked him to come down to WDW for our anniversary weekend, but he wouldn't, so I returned home after our anniversary.

I usually go to WDW solo, but was at Disneyland with my daughter and WDW with my son over spring break last month.

I would never never never got o WDW without Charming............

now sans kids.....

wildernesslodgelover said:
haha, of course you cannot let that 18 year old beauty out of your sight! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:lmao:

Yeah, that's gonna follow me around for a while isn't it? If she knew, she'd eat that up.

Have done Epcot a couple of times while on business without the family but it is not the same. Me and DW have been going to WDW together since 1992. The last two trips (03 and 04) have been with our kids and they have been magical. We are ALL eagerly awaiting our next trip in 18 days! :cool1:

I don't think I'd want to go without my boyfriend either. Besides wanting to do everything with him in the first place... It is a special place for us. Also he'd feel left out if I went without him. And I'd want him to be in my special memories of WDW too. It wouldn't be as much fun without him anymore. :love:

I recently was affored an all expense paid trip for 4 days to WDW for me and DD. A family member was going and wanted me to go along to watch her kids at night and help out during the day. I didn't even think twice about it. I would NEVER go to WDW w/ out my DH. This is our "special" place. We started going to Disney in 94' and have gone every year since TOGETHER. I would be so completly lost w/out him there. I don't think I'd could function w/out his hand in mine walking through the gates.

So my vote is for a NO, NEVER, NOT in a MILLION YEARS, not even for an all expense paid trip!

NO WAY!!!
Not even if it was a free trip!!

I went without DH once, and hope to never do that again.

I was miserable, and couldn't wait to get home!

BTW...we've been together for 17 years...married for 15, and have only been apart twice in all those years. Once when he had to go out of town on business, and the other when I went to WDW!

He's my favorite person in the world! :love:

DH has never been to the World, and he really doesn't have any interest in going at all. He said maybe he'd go if/when we had children. We go on other vacations - Canada, California, weekend getaways - but WDW does not spark anything at all for him. That is fine with me, since I am not obsessed with WDW and love our other vacations as well. I'll visit WDW with Mom and Sis and recapture some of the magic Sis and I experienced as kids/pre-teens in the 1980's.

I can't imagine going to WDW without my boyfriend. The strange part is I grew up in Orlando and went to Disney hundreds of times without him. When I met him I could have already walked around any of the parks with my eyes closed and know exactly where I was. I met my boyfriend at Disney and now going there without him seems wrong.

I've been planning a trip home to visit my parents in May and had no intention of bringing my boyfriend. I was imagining going to Epcot with my parents and enjoying the Flower and Garden Festival and was looking forward to riding EE for the first time. The fact that my boyfriend wouldn't be standing there next to me really started to bum me out. I begged and begged him to come along (he wanted to relax before we moved in June, didn't want to travel). He finally said yes and I am soooo glad because I just know it wouldn't be the same without him. He makes me laugh and despite the fact that he doesn't care about being there (he's not a disney nut like I am)....I really thinks he makes the trip. He always has smile on his face, makes jokes and I truly believe it is my boyfriend that makes Disney so special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter