Anyone else not like the whole wheat buns at counter service???

CHIPSTER

DIS Veteran
Does anyone else not like the whole wheat buns they serve at counter service? I find them dry and they always fall apart. Wrapped around a bacon cheeseburger or hot dog - is it really that much more healthy. Is it the roll that can kill you faster or the double bacon cheeseburger clogging up your arteries.

yes they are gross. they should make nice yummy rolls.. because a lot of people are disney foodies and would appreciate it. There can be healthy whole grains and then not.. like at the store you can get "whole grain wheat" that barely has a pinch more of fiber than the white bread. I agree, it's the double cheeseburger with bacon and toppings bar with cheese sauce that is a little more concerning than if you ate a white roll. Sure wish they'd change it.

Perhaps a better question would be "Is there anyone who likes the whole wheat buns at counter service???":lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl:: And good luck with that.

I had a couple hamburgers with it when we were there in September and I didnt even notice that they were whole wheat at first. I was pleasantly surprised when I did. I guess I'm just used to eating whole grains since thats all we eat at home. I think its great that they are trying to make their food healthier. I realize that a cheeseburger with bacon is not healthy but why have an unhealthy bun with it when you can have a healthy one?

I thought they are horrible and I will never order a Cheeseburger at any counter service location again unless they get rid of them. Plus I also hate that they can break apart while you are trying hold your Cheeseburger.

I thought they are horrible and I will never order a Cheeseburger at any counter service location again unless they get rid of them. Plus I also hate that they can break apart while you are trying hold your Cheeseburger.

Agree! You think Disney would be able to find a whole wheat bun that doesn't crumble when you touch it!

We didn't notice any difference. We discussed it since there are so many threads on here about it but we really couldn't tell.

We noticed the *falling apart* when eating hot dogs. When we ate burgers the grease seemed to keep them together - so no real consumption problem there.;)

I wish I at least had the choice of picking the unhealthy white bun when I get my burger, chicken sandwich or hot dog....

Since my digestive system can't uh, handle whole wheat, I would have to insist on an alternative.

I thought they were HORRIBLE too at the Electric Umbrella. Had a cheeseburger...minus the bun that crumbled into pieces when I tried to pick it up. I sure hope they come up with a better alternative soon!

Great Thanks a lot!!! ;) Never noticed it until you mentioned it. Now that you mentioned it, I really was bothered by it. Considering my last visit in Oct, I remember ripping off parts of the bun cuz it seemed so dry and bready.

Horrible. One of my favorite CS meals used to be the cheeseburger at Cosmic Ray's in MK. I loved loading up the burger with lettuce and tomatoes and mushrooms and pickles. But with the whole wheat buns, you take 2 bites and you're left with a messy pile of rubble as the bun disintegrates in your hands. Seriously, does Disney think switching to a "healthy" whole wheat bun is going to offset the greasy sauteed mushrooms and cheese sauce they offer as toppings?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter