Anyone else miss the magic kingdom club?

What lots of people probably never knew was that Disney traveled throughout the USA to employers who offered the MKC to their employees. They'd invite you to a hotel in a centralized City and speak about the benefits of the MKC. The sessions were very nice, very Disneyish. They gave away VERY nice prizes including a trip to WDW. One year I was lucky to win a Mickey head wrist watch, which I still have.

Another yes!! Still have my cards as well from waaay back. Later, Disney opened it to everyone for about $60 a yr.

I remember it too - I also still have the bag and my membership card is somewhere lol - As part of booking a package at Poly we got a really nice Seiko musical clock with Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice. It plays 5-6 different songs. Even though the D23 magazine is beautiful I do miss the one from MK Club.

definitely miss it - also like the ticket discounts.

but the thing I really miss was the senior club - the membership fee was $35 for 3 years (might have been 5 years) - but they ended it sooner.

it offered free pet kennels - so Spicey got to stay for free - since I had joined DVC and got free tickets - the only thing paid for was grocery and gas for the car. really miss it.

Does anyone know if disney still has the icecream socials anymore? We used to get it when we were members in the magic kingdom club.

Does anyone know if disney still has the icecream socials anymore? We used to get it when we were members in the magic kingdom club.

The one that they had at the Garden Grill? No, those have ended. We happened to do one at the last minute on either our 2002 or 2004 trip and it was so much fun and a great price too! But I think it was discontinued not long after. They also did the Re-hitching Ceremonies (not sure if that is the name) during this too. Would love if they still had the Ice Cream Social!!

What a shame no more icecream socials.They were great,a nice sitdown meal(dessert) at the garden grill,and the icecream was really well done!I remember a melting snowman dish and alot of other fancy icecream treats that the chefs used to make.The price was fairly reasonable too_Oh well I guess this will just have to be another long lost memory.Thanks for letting me know though!

I loved the magazine too. Also does anyone remember how fun the merchandise used to be in the old Disney Cataloge? We were just talking about that the other day.

My father still carries a Magic Kingdom Club card in his wallet. Sometimes he'll break it out and be like, "Oh yeah, have one of these? I didn't think so!":rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter