Anyone else miss River Country?

MonkeyPants

DIS Veteran
Its probably just nostalgia making me think of it more fondly then I should, but I miss River Country. Yes indeed there is no way it could handle the traffic that BB or TL do and the number of attractions it sported pales by comparison, but I loved that place when I was young. Those slides that just dropped you into the pool. The water being freezing even in the middle of summer :rotfl: (well perhaps I dont miss that part so much) I remember many good times from that place, makes me a little sad that I'll never get a chance to enjoy it again.

I miss river country too! I only got to go there a few times but I loved the "rustic" feel of river country and it had some cool slides and such too...I liked the zip line too and the lazy river! those were a lot of fun.

It was a great place to spend a lazy day away from park. :goodvibes :wizard: :wave2:

I do miss River Country. I just got back from staying at Wilderness Lodge, and found myself on the beach looking across the lake, remembering the fun times I had at River Country when I was a child.

Loved it!

I also miss "Discovery Island" that was right across from it! I wonder why that isn't around anymore?

You would think with today's technology they could find a way to keep the water clean. How hard would it be for WDW to fix something they already have. Same with the Tree-top villa's. There are so many people looking for jobs, engineer's, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, laborer's, I don't think WDW would have a problem finding workers.

In our throw away society I guess everything is vunerable.

I definitely miss River Country. Even though we love the other water parks, we always planned one day at River Country. It was so relaxing. I really miss that free-fall slide into the pool.

River Country was our favorite water park. We always combined a day there with a trip to the HDD. What a great way to spend a day.

I wasn't lucky enough to have gone there before it closed :( , but my DD and her DH went there while they were on their honeymoon and they loved it.. They have since been to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, but neither appeals to them as much as River Country did..

alacazander said:
Loved it!

I also miss "Discovery Island" that was right across from it! I wonder why that isn't around anymore?

On a recent boat ride in the lake, our captain told us that hey closed it because they thought no one would go because of Animal Kingdom. They decided to close it and move the majority of the animals to AK.

I really miss River Country - - we always stayed at FW and loved having it SOOO close.

Yes, I miss River Country. It is so sad to pass it by boat and see it sitting there, deserted and delapidated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter