Anyone else LOVE DOWNTON ABBEY? SPOILER ALERT****

Rockislander, that was the best parody of DA I've seen yet! Loved that Patsy and Edina were in it. Thanks!

Oh I know!! I was *so* excited to see Pats and Eds, sweetie darling! Did you watch the Part 2 parody, too? So funny! :lmao:

I just finished season 1 and I am going to have to put SPOILER ALERT in the title because I have to talk about season 1.

I see that season 2 is available on Amazon Kindle for $1.99 an episode and rather than wait for the discs to come in the mail I am probably going to watch them all in the next 24 hours. I can't stand it. I have to see season 2.

Now for the spoilers... I CAN'T STAND Thomas and glad that at the end of season 1 he claimed he was going to be leaving to go in the medical core. Not sure if he will really leave or not, but they were eventually planning to fire him anyway...
Mrs. O'brian...I haven't liked her either, from the very beginning, but to see how far she went (placing the soap on the floor next to the tub) when she thought her Ladyship was looking for a new ladies maid for herself.
I almost cried when the tragedy occurred and they found out it was going to be a boy. That would have solved the whole estate problem.
I watched a little 10 minute video that shows a bit of the history of the house where the show is shot.

For those of you who have seen it, feel free to discuss it and don't worry about spoiling anything for me. I may watch all of season 2 before this night is even over. LOL. I think there are 6 or 7 episodes in season 2, at 40 minutes per episode. I can probably get all those in before going to sleep tonight!!

I see where season 2 was just now shown in January and February of this year 2012. SO I guess season 3 won't be on until next January!! Oh what torture to have to wait for that!!

I wish I had discovered this show once there were 5 or 6 seasons already on film so I could keep watching it even longer!!

Heh, it's definitely worth the $ imo - but don't forget the Xmas episode(s)! So it's actually 8 at least.

Yes, it should be Jan, that's how they've been running them - as someone said upthread it runs in Britain in Sept. and then here in Jan./Feb. though the DVDs were available as the first episode of series 2 aired, so there's a *bit* less waiting, and that's through official channels, if you know what I mean, heh.

I won't drop spoilers on you, as I hate spoilers. Suffice it to say you're not alone in the Thomas hatred, of course. I know someone who thinks he's got a human core and feels badly for him, but.... we don't so much agree.

Including the Christmas episode there are 10 I think in season 2. I have watched the first 6 in season 2.

I think I may hate Mr Bates wife more than I hate Thomas. At least Thomas has come to be less of an A hole since he is back from the war but he is still not very likable.

I may not be able to finish season 2 tonight but I will be done by lunch tomorrow for sure.

LOVE IT!!

I... wait... you hate Mr. Bates?

You HATE MR. BATES?!

:confused: :eek: :confused:

WHY?!

NO no no. I don't hate Mr Bates. I needed an apostrophe in that sentence to make it more understandable. I hate Mr Bates' wife.

I think Mr Bates is one of the best characters on the show.

Well I can't even say that really because I love almost all of the ppl on the show, except Thomas and Mrs. O'Brian AND Mr Bates' wife. The lady who plays Mr Bates' wife played on some other show I watch but I can't remember what show it is I have seen her on.

I hope she dies in a car accident or something so Anna and Mr Bates can get married but nothing like that has happened yet.

The last episode I just finished watching is the one where Mr Bates' wife realizes she was tricked by the newspaper man (Mary's fiance') and there was a death on the show. I won't say who exactly just in case some folks haven't watched that far in yet.

Oooooh, oh my bad I think I totally missed the word 'wife' in there, heh. Well, what's not to hate about Vera? She's hateful! Also, evil.

Kind of met her match in Carlyle there, eh? Heh. Keeeeep watching! ;)

:lovestruc love :lovestruc Downton Abbey!!! Just discovered it on Monday and I'm already done with season 2! :happytv:

My favorite is the Dowager Countess (but then I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, too!) - she has the best lines!

If you enjoy British humor (like I do!), you'll have a good laugh at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5dMlXentLw

There are two parts, so be sure to watch the second as well. :laughing:

:rotfl2: favorite quote from that

My there certainly are a lot of you. How do you keep them all straight?
There is a prelude at the beginning of each episode for idiots.:rotfl2:

NO no no. I don't hate Mr Bates. I needed an apostrophe in that sentence to make it more understandable. I hate Mr Bates' wife.

I think Mr Bates is one of the best characters on the show.

Well I can't even say that really because I love almost all of the ppl on the show, except Thomas and Mrs. O'Brian AND Mr Bates' wife. The lady who plays Mr Bates' wife played on some other show I watch but I can't remember what show it is I have seen her on.

I hope she dies in a car accident or something so Anna and Mr Bates can get married but nothing like that has happened yet.

The last episode I just finished watching is the one where Mr Bates' wife realizes she was tricked by the newspaper man (Mary's fiance') and there was a death on the show. I won't say who exactly just in case some folks haven't watched that far in yet.

Bates' wife played Queen Catherine (Henry's first
Wife on the Tudors). She was also Dexter's nanny in season 5.

Bates' wife played Queen Catherine (Henry's first
Wife on the Tudors). She was also Dexter's nanny in season 5.

THAT'S where I remember her from...the nanny on Dexter. I never would have remembered that. I hate her character.

UPDATE: I finished season 2 and watched the Christmas episode.

All I can say is WOW!

I can't believe I have to wait until January of next year to see what happens to Bates and to see if Mary and William get their happiness.

DD14 and I are hooked on this show! We were able to stream the first season for free at PBS.org. I'm not sure if it's still up or not, but, check before you splurge on the dvd's. I love Maggie Smith as the Dowager Countess - she just slays it!!!

We watched Gosford Park this week, which was written by Julian Fellowes, who writes and produces Downton Abbey. There are LOTS of similarities and things in the movie that are expanded on in Downton Abbey, including Maggie Smith.

You may be interested in this book about Highclere Castle:

http://www.amazon.com/Lady-Almina-R...5629/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333824382&sr=8-1

Also note, that on the 14th and 15th ABC will air a Titanic mini series, also written and produced by Julian Fellowes.

DD14 and I are hooked on this show! We were able to stream the first season for free at PBS.org. I'm not sure if it's still up or not, but, check before you splurge on the dvd's. I love Maggie Smith as the Dowager Countess - she just slays it!!!

We watched Gosford Park this week, which was written by Julian Fellowes, who writes and produces Downton Abbey. There are LOTS of similarities and things in the movie that are expanded on in Downton Abbey, including Maggie Smith.

You may be interested in this book about Highclere Castle:

http://www.amazon.com/Lady-Almina-R...5629/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333824382&sr=8-1

Also note, that on the 14th and 15th ABC will air a Titanic mini series, also written and produced by Julian Fellowes.

Not for nothing but the PBS version is chopped up, a bit cut and way rearranged for our simpler selves. The originals are available on a R1 DVDs.

So yes, may still or in the future be on pbs' site, but it's not the original version. How much that matters is individual, just saying there's a difference.

I can't believe I have to wait until January of next year to see what happens to Bates and to see if Mary and William get their happiness.

Poor plot device William isn't getting much of anything, I'm afraid. We will have to wait to see the evil O'Brien's hair will get up to tho. ;)

I just started watching season one and I am hooked, I LOVE IT! I have season two also. I didn't know about the Christmas episodes though, is there one after season one and season two?

I just started watching season one and I am hooked, I LOVE IT! I have season two also. I didn't know about the Christmas episodes though, is there one after season one and season two?

There's just one, that wraps Series Two. Do you have the uncut versions or the PBS? On the uncut it's included as the Christmas episode, not sure how it's tagged on the PBS. I mean I'm sure it's there but I don't know if they ran it as one or split it or whatever.

There's just one, that wraps Series Two. Do you have the uncut versions or the PBS? On the uncut it's included as the Christmas episode, not sure how it's tagged on the PBS. I mean I'm sure it's there but I don't know if they ran it as one or split it or whatever.

It says UK version, so I guess its on the last disc. Just finished season one. I don't know if I should start season two or get ready for bed LOL!

It says UK version, so I guess its on the last disc. Just finished season one. I don't know if I should start season two or get ready for bed LOL!

Ah, you're good. Yes, it's the final episode on the last disc. There's like... 8 eps then the Xmas special.

Start series 2! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter