Anyone else into collecting Hallmark ornaments?

CookieandOatmeal

DIS Veteran
Since the pandemic hit, I've found that I'm really into collecting Hallmark keepsake ornaments. That hobby took off around November last year and I've since become a member of the Keepsake Ornament Club. Lol my hubs likes to tease me for my new hobby and says I'm really a 65 year old woman living inside a 35 year old. The collection I'm currently back collecting is Winter Fun with Snoopy. The mini keepsake ornaments are so cute! And yes...I bought a mini tree just so I could display them. 8-)

I collected them about 30+ years ago and have quite a collection. But, for some reason I stopped. It is a nice hobby to have. A few years ago, I gave all my old Hallmark/Barbie ones to a friend - they would have been from 1994-1995, I think.

Last edited:
I collected them about 30+ years ago and have quite a collection. But, for some reason I stopped. It is a nice hobby to have. A few years ago, I gave all my old Hallmark/Barbie ones to a friend - they would have been from 1994-1995, I think.

It’s definitely a nice but expensive hobby!

Been buying them for the past 40 or more years.
I also buy them every year for each member of the family......some on going collections and some not.
It is expensive. I usually buy about 20 ornaments a year

I used to buy a few every year, until I realized the Christmas tree had mostly decorations that were not Christmas related, and I had more than what I could put on the tree. Now, I have to REALLY like it to add to the collection.

I used to collect them, started about twenty years ago now. Mostly Winnie the Pooh and Peanuts ornaments. I stopped mainly because they are too expensive and the quality has really taken a nose dive, cheaply made. I keep them in their original boxes so they are organized and I can find them quickly, keeps them protected. The newer ornaments are usually only wrapped in tissue paper inside the box, you can really see a difference through the years.

Sort of. Every year I take my kids to the hallmark store and let them pick out 1 ornament. I write their names and the year on the bottom of it. When they grow up and have their own trees, I will give them each their ornaments so they can have them in their own houses if they want.

Been buying them for the past 40 or more years.
I also buy them every year for each member of the family......some on going collections and some not.
It is expensive. I usually buy about 20 ornaments a year
That is such a good idea. I might start a collection for my son that he could have when he is older and has his own tree. I agree...this hobby is getting expensive!

I used to buy a few every year, until I realized the Christmas tree had mostly decorations that were not Christmas related, and I had more than what I could put on the tree. Now, I have to REALLY like it to add to the collection.
Have you considered doing a themed tree with your nonchristmas ornaments?

I haven't bought any of the Hallmark store ones in years, so my collection is small. When I did, it was strictly based on whatever IP's I liked. Frankenstein, Planet of the Apes, ALIEN, really all the stuff that the holidays are all about.

No, but we literally have hundreds. My father owned a Hallmark store for over thirty years and gave us, our kids, and our grandchildren ornaments (always more than one each) every year. Plus after my parents died, my sister and I split all of the ones they'd accumulated over the years.

Sort of. Every year I take my kids to the hallmark store and let them pick out 1 ornament. I write their names and the year on the bottom of it. When they grow up and have their own trees, I will give them each their ornaments so they can have them in their own houses if they want.
We have been doing this for years as well, but now we have to buy online as all the local stores have closed. So far, they have 20 and 23 ornaments in their collections,

My husband and I have also collected almost all of the historic shops and homes, and the beauty of birds. We are missing some of the first in these collections and grab them on ebay when we can and the price is not too unreasonable.

I have been given a couple Snoopy ornaments because I love him. I do collect Christmas ornaments, but generally from destinations or crafted ones, not Hallmark.

I used to collect the Snoopy and Winnie the Pooh ornaments, but stopped years ago and honestly would love to get rid of the Pooh ones. I haven't put them on my tree in probably 10+ years.

My mom started buying them when I was in my teens. I brought mine with me in marriage and we have been collecting since that date. My kids when younger got 2 a year. One from my parents which went on tree when it arrived as we lived across the country. Our direct family tradition is to open the ornament that DH and I buy for everyone on Christmas eve and place it on tree. This now includes the spouses of our children and grandkids.
Our children got to take their ornaments with them as they left home. Our other family tradition is we hide a miniture hallmark ornament (mr potato head) on our tree. Whoever finds him will then hide him again for someone else to find. Through the years hours have been spent searching for Mr potato head.

Attachments

• 20191225_071000_resized.jpg
    20191225_071000_resized.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 3
My mom gave us her collection of Hallmark ornaments spanning ~1976-2005+. The entire collections for rocking horses, trains, trucks and classic cars, and Barbie. Then there's the incomplete collections, special editions, etc. Every year we were gifted 1-3 new ornaments. I've purchased a few Disney ones over the years but not too often as we do not have a Hallmark store nearby. At this point I've got so many rubbermade totes in my garage of these that I don't need anymore.

I usually purchase a new one each holiday season. I like to go to my local Hallmark store after Christmas for the 50% off all ornaments sale.

Anyone else into collecting Hallmark ornaments?

I've had my turn at collecting them. For years I bought the Barbie ornaments. Then they added the Christmas Barbie ones, so I was buying 2 Barbie series. When they started making them out of cheap plastic (and they look cheap) I stopped.

I've also got Star Trek (ships only) ornaments, and for a while I got the Gone with the Wind (Scarlett only) ones.

For the kids I've bought Star Wars, Tonka, and Trains for many years. This past year was the first year I told all the kids they were on their own for continuing or not.

I've also bought random ones that I thought were cute over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter