anyone else hoping to go in July 2022?

Lol. Now you say that, you may be right so I’ll double check.

Need to wait a bit anyway for Late July flights, they are all stupidly high ATM which is worrying me

Should’ve been away now (for the second time after October 20 was cancelled)….rebooked for next July.

Really have no idea if we’ll be in a position to be able to go, but have to remain optimistic I suppose 😭 not sure if I want the hassle of booking it for a 4th time if we don’t get to go again…

I last went to orlando in 2018, but didn’t do Disney, however my partner and his kids have never been and I wonder if they’re ever destined to this side of 2025 😂😂🙄

At this moment in time I honestly don’t know how we’ll ever get to a point where the world will just learn to live with it, or is “normality” forever changed?! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Should’ve been away now (for the second time after October 20 was cancelled)….rebooked for next July.

Really have no idea if we’ll be in a position to be able to go, but have to remain optimistic I suppose 😭 not sure if I want the hassle of booking it for a 4th time if we don’t get to go again…

I last went to orlando in 2018, but didn’t do Disney, however my partner and his kids have never been and I wonder if they’re ever destined to this side of 2025 😂😂🙄

At this moment in time I honestly don’t know how we’ll ever get to a point where the world will just learn to live with it, or is “normality” forever changed?! 🤷🏼‍♀️

it definitely feels like we've all fallen into some other dimension.....perhaps the twilight zone..
our health ministry just announced that there's yet another new variant in the USA and that if it gets to here (israel) we may have to go into yet another lockdown. WHAT?
that's just insane...

Once the US gets over this latest spike, I suspect they will start to reopen borders. There are signs that their spike is starting to peak now. This isolation can't go on forever.

i would have said the same this about this summer, but now i don't know.

Reactions: itf
We have booked from July 30th to Aug 14th with BA to Tampa. Price is ok-ish so fingers crossed there are no more restrictions. I just can't see them blocking summer next year but maybe thats just blind optimism / hope/ Disney goggles :rotfl2:

We have booked from July 30th to Aug 14th with BA to Tampa. Price is ok-ish so fingers crossed there are no more restrictions. I just can't see them blocking summer next year but maybe thats just blind optimism / hope/ Disney goggles :rotfl2:
since you booked with BA, if you need to hire a car, you should check if you can do it with BA. So far, the only reasonable car hire pricing for next summer has been via BA.

We are booked for the third time for April 2022. We were so positive that THIS was the one, even with AKL with free dining, to WL, to CBR. Now we are just over it tbh. My husband was pinged yesterday on the app which shows it's still all going on here. I'm fed up of looking forward to Disney now.
We bought a caravan last year and have just stayed in that, realising that a week in the van on a really nice park with restaurants, swimming pools and a pub costs about the same as dinner at california grill has put things into perspective. We are now 'holidaying' (even just for a couple of days) monthly or every two months, as opposed to killing ourselves saving for years for the spending money for a family trip with my parents to DW. My parents are so incredible to have paid for us, but I cant help but feel guilty for the extra cost that they have absorbed.

Sorry for the essay! So many mixed feelings about DW atm, I feel like I'm almost in a toxic relationship where I know it's not doing me any good to hope for more but I cant help myself 🙈

We are booked for the third time for April 2022. We were so positive that THIS was the one, even with AKL with free dining, to WL, to CBR. Now we are just over it tbh. My husband was pinged yesterday on the app which shows it's still all going on here. I'm fed up of looking forward to Disney now.
We bought a caravan last year and have just stayed in that, realising that a week in the van on a really nice park with restaurants, swimming pools and a pub costs about the same as dinner at california grill has put things into perspective. We are now 'holidaying' (even just for a couple of days) monthly or every two months, as opposed to killing ourselves saving for years for the spending money for a family trip with my parents to DW. My parents are so incredible to have paid for us, but I cant help but feel guilty for the extra cost that they have absorbed.

Sorry for the essay! So many mixed feelings about DW atm, I feel like I'm almost in a toxic relationship where I know it's not doing me any good to hope for more but I cant help myself 🙈

i totally understand!!! and with the new pricing, it's getting even worse!

We were supposed to go in July this year for my son's 18th. Promised back in 2013 when his sister was 18. We are now booked for the 18th July 2022 for 21 nights. We hav our DVC booked, flights booked, tickets bought, park passes reserved, covid insurance bought...

I actually have a feeling we will be going this time not sure why but I think it will be open by then. Alhough some days i feel more negative

I do think if we don't get within the next 2 years I'll be selling my DVC points and buying a campervan

Last edited:
We were supposed to go in July this year for my son's 18th. Promised back in 2013 when his sister was 18. We are now booked for the 18th July 2022 for 21 nights. We hav our DV booked, flights booked, tickets bought, park passes reserved, covid insurance bought...

I actually have a feeling we will be going this time not sure why but I think it will be open by then. Alhough some days i feel more negative

I do think if we don't get within the next 2 years I'll be selling my DVC points and buying a campervan

so frustrating isn't it!
i waver back and forth as to whether we'll be able to go or not...
right now we're still waiting for the youngest in the group to get her visa (the 3 year old - crazy, hers has been the most difficult)
which ticket did you buy? the 14 day ultimate? I'm holding out, hoping they'll bring back the 21 day, since we're going for 25 days, we really need that 21 day ticket.

We were supposed to go in July this year for my son's 18th. Promised back in 2013 when his sister was 18. We are now booked for the 18th July 2022 for 21 nights. We hav our DV booked, flights booked, tickets bought, park passes reserved, covid insurance bought...

My inlaws just bought a campervan and it's been a revelation for them! They wouldn't go back now.

so frustrating isn't it!
i waver back and forth as to whether we'll be able to go or not...
right now we're still waiting for the youngest in the group to get her visa (the 3 year old - crazy, hers has been the most difficult)
which ticket did you buy? the 14 day ultimate? I'm holding out, hoping they'll bring back the 21 day, since we're going for 25 days, we really need that 21 day ticket.

we bought the 14 day in January it came with COVID protection which means we get a refund if we are unable to go in 2022 due to COVID. I wouldn’t thank you for the 21 day 14 days is pushing it for us. We are going for 21 nights but I want a lot of non disney days plus we have 3 nights on the wish so other things going on

we bought the 14 day in January it came with COVID protection which means we get a refund if we are unable to go in 2022 due to COVID. I wouldn’t thank you for the 21 day 14 days is pushing it for us. We are going for 21 nights but I want a lot of non disney days plus we have 3 nights on the wish so other things going on

we're going for 25 (followed by 4 nights on the disney wish).....
a few will be at universal....
my daughter, who is totally anti-universal is now so angry and disappointed in disney, she's decided to give universal another try since you get so much value for money there...
and we'll do a day at kennedy space center..
plus shopping and the like..
but we like to have the ability to go into the park every day, even for an hour to see fireworks or something like that..

We last went in February 2017 and always said that we wanted to go during the 50th anniversary celebrations.
A few days after we heard the USA were reopening their borders in November, we placed a deposit down for a 3 week holiday to Florida at the end of July / beginning of august.

Honestly I’m so excited but also cautious in the back of my mind hoping nothing stops this holiday from going ahead.
We are planning one week off Disney property to do NASA, Universal and a few other attractions. Then two weeks on Disney property. Hoping that the two weeks will give us enough time to do everything even with the summer crowds!

We last went in February 2017 and always said that we wanted to go during the 50th anniversary celebrations.
A few days after we heard the USA were reopening their borders in November, we placed a deposit down for a 3 week holiday to Florida at the end of July / beginning of august.

Honestly I’m so excited but also cautious in the back of my mind hoping nothing stops this holiday from going ahead.
We are planning one week off Disney property to do NASA, Universal and a few other attractions. Then two weeks on Disney property. Hoping that the two weeks will give us enough time to do everything even with the summer crowds!

that's wonderful!!! fingers crossed we all get to go!!!!!

A few days ago, I booked for 10 nights at Pop - we used up all our DVC points for our trip in 8 weeks time!
I booked with ATD, only £50 deposit on the dining credits deal. If by some miracle, a US free dining deal comes available, I'll look at losing the £50 deposit (or swapping it for SW tickets if they'll allow that) and booking a US free dining deal.

A few days ago, I booked for 10 nights at Pop - we used up all our DVC points for our trip in 8 weeks time!
I booked with ATD, only £50 deposit on the dining credits deal. If by some miracle, a US free dining deal comes available, I'll look at losing the £50 deposit (or swapping it for SW tickets if they'll allow that) and booking a US free dining deal.

sounds great! i very much doubt they'll have free dining before 2023

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter