Anyone else heard about a new "free breakfast" option for Disney Resorts?

MrRomance

Planning and Plotting
I've been hearing mumblings about this for a few days, but today I've seen a Disney World Resort flyer for free dining or a new free breakfast deal...

I have nothing concrete other than this flyer image but it seems that they are introducing a new offer for those who don't get free dining (I would assume those staying at Value Resorts) which is just free breakfast. I'd heard that the free dining offer was set to start on the 24th April, but just wondering if anyone else has come across any more information on this new offer.

I've seen this mentioned on another forum,
States doesn't include aoa-but I don't know anymore about it.

Will be interesting to find out.

Can't see them doing a free breakfast offer as they don't have any existing plans that fit that.

Are we sure it's not a DLRP offer?

Can't see them doing a free breakfast offer as they don't have any existing plans that fit that.

an easy workaround would be to grant a CS-like credit (entrée + beverage)
1 credit per night, redeemable only for breakfast.
I don't think it would be much of an issue to implement.

I would go with that.
WDTC-UK has merged their operations. WDW and DLRP are now hosted on the same platform, when they used to run a separate site for each resorts (re: the "when did the UK site change" thread)
with both resorts now on the same site, there will probably be some confusion at first.

what I would not like to happen, is to see the free dining go, and be replaced by a "breakfast included" plan (unless they pair it with a 40% discount on accomodation :p )

On the flyer is does say 'Walt Disney World in Florida', no mention of Paris at all.

an easy workaround would be to grant a CS-like credit (entrée + beverage) 1 credit per night, redeemable only for breakfast. I don't think it would be much of an issue to implement

Not necessarily - their systems are just not set up for it and Disney IT have bigger issues than adding a UK only offer. At the moment all credits can be redeemed anytime - time limits will make it much more complicated.

Only once has the UK had a separate DP offering from the US and that was when the QSDP remained at 2 snacks for an extra year. That however didn't involve any additional programming as such as they could just add the extra snack credit.

I have also seen the leaflet and it is definitely WDW - staying at values other than AOA as suggested above. Don't know much more right now. But the good news is it does say free dining is returning - but we knew that didn't we :thumbsup2.

29z525j.jpg

Not necessarily - their systems are just not set up for it and Disney IT have bigger issues than adding a UK only offer. At the moment all credits can be redeemed anytime - time limits will make it much more complicated. Only once has the UK had a separate DP offering from the US and that was when the QSDP remained at 2 snacks for an extra year. That however didn't involve any additional programming as such as they could just add the extra snack credit.

That does rather depend. They have had to change a lot of technical stuff for magic bands. That said. I can't see then offering a new better deal for values when people have been paying with nothing for free........

No it's definitely a WDW offer not DLP. I see someone has now posted the flyer which is the one I saw.

Interesting new offer for those who miss out on free dining at the Values. I guess we'll find out more on April 24th when that offer goes live.

Perhaps it's to tempt people back to the value resorts? AOA is probably hugely popular anyway and when the free DDP offers come out, I would imagine most people would pay a little extra and upgrade to a moderate and get the QSDP. I think it's a great deal.:thumbsup2

Perhaps it's to tempt people back to the value resorts? AOA is probably hugely popular anyway and when the free DDP offers come out, I would imagine most people would pay a little extra and upgrade to a moderate and get the QSDP. I think it's a great deal.:thumbsup2

Interesting. Offering a lesser version of standard free dining onto Value resorts makes sense. But if you look at the flyer, it seems to be TS. The cost of an adult TS character breakfast is not much less than the cost of the QSDP. That might allow it to make more sense to opt for a value during free dining. I have always price checked and it has never come out cheaper for us to book value and pay for dining than to book a moderate with it included.

I'm very curious now. What time do Disney load the prices into their live website for the UK bookings?

Interesting. Offering a lesser version of standard free dining onto Value resorts makes sense. But if you look at the flyer, it seems to be TS. The cost of an adult TS character breakfast is not much less than the cost of the QSDP. That might allow it to make more sense to opt for a value during free dining. I have always price checked and it has never come out cheaper for us to book value and pay for dining than to book a moderate with it included.

I'm very curious now. What time do Disney load the prices into their live website for the UK bookings?

I doubt it will be a TS. That flyer is just very crafty advertising, showing a character meal breakfast.

Sounds good all the same, would possibly tempt me to try it :) fingers crossed it could be ts ;)

Years ago, possibly in 2002, we stayed at all Star movies and we got free breakfasts, we gout vouchers when we checked in and they were only valid at our resort and for breakfast only.

I can't remember if it was a Virgin offer or a disney offer.

Pinkgirl said:
I doubt it will be a TS. That flyer is just very crafty advertising, showing a character meal breakfast.

If it was I would be very interested for our next trip, we love pop but don't stay anymore due to wanting the ddp and it works out cheaper to stay deluxe!

If it was I would be very interested for our next trip, we love pop but don't stay anymore due to wanting the ddp and it works out cheaper to stay deluxe!

Same here, we love Pop, our boys love the theming but like you don't stay their often as free dining is too good to miss x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter