• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else having trouble entering sweepstakes?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
Since yesterday afternoon, every time I go to enter the One More Disney Day sweepstakes, it says "error - sorry, a communications error occurred". Anyone else getting that? It's pretty pathetic if it keeps up. :sad2:

I have found that if I wait for the page to load a little bit before clicking on the "Enter" link it works better. HTH

Try using a different browser. I can't enter using Firefox, but can using Explorer. Others have mentioned being unable to enter using Chrome, but having no problem using Firefox.

I use explorer and haven't been able to enter yet despite trying each day. Keep getting the error message.

Yes! I have been getting primarily that error message as well. The weird part is that one day, on one try, it did let me enter successfully. But so far, on many attempts with the same computer and same everything, the other three days have all been error. I don't get it.

Thanks! Actually just entered with no problem through Internet Explorer vs. Firefox :cool1:

I'm getting the error message as well and it's extremely annoying! So far I'm able to enter 50% of the time - 2 out of 4 days.:mad:

Got Error message when I tried with Chrome (although it worked on the first 3 days) so I tried with Safari and I was able to enter.

I haven't been able to get it to work yet either, I'm receiving the same error. Multiple computers, network providers, and browsers and still no luck.

I've given up trying to enter through the website. I've been entering by text message.

Other Disney sites have had threads popping up about this too. I just entered via text no issues, got the confirmation back in under 30 seconds. Seems to be the most consistent way to enter without all the hassle.

Clear your cache and your cookies. Go to www.disney.com and log in using the link at the top right hand of the page. After you log in, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the square link for the contest. Then enter the contest when the page loads.

That's the only way it works for me everyday.

My sister hasn't been able to enter at all since this started. She's tried IE and Firefox and 3 different computers.

I use Google Chrome and have entered every morning with no problems at all.

Another Chrome user who is having no problems entering the sweepstakes here. Entered every day so far, and things are fine for me.

Just different browsers has been working for me. No luck with Google Chrome but IE worked fine.

I have been using Firefox every day and there have been no issues at all. But my husband is getting error messages when he tries to text in his entry.

Go figure...

I am using Safari for mine and Firefox for dh. No problems. It took me a while to figure out that you cant enter on an ipad. THAT was frustrating, but the website does say that ipads cant enter on the sweepstakes page, so maybe I should learn to read! :lmao:

When I go to the website it has me already logged in. I think that's the problem. I logged out, then logged back in and was able to enter - finally.
I'll try the same thing tomorrow and fingers crossed that was the issue. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter