Anyone Else have this problem??

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by PrincessTrisha, Jan 13, 2005.

1. PrincessTrisha

PrincessTrisha DIS Veteran

Ever since I started telling people (friends, co-workers, etc) that I will be going to Disney World, I have gotten so many requests of

"Oh, I just love ______ , I'll give you money to bring me back something."

One co worker, even said she'd just give me her bank card!

I don't mind being nice, but I can only bring back so much stuff. And I have things that I want, gifts for my friends and family, etc.

I mean really, if I bring back all of the "requests" I will have used up my 7 day allowance of $750 Cdn.

But how do you nicely say, "No."?

puckerup:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cottontail

cottontail DIS Veteran

Hi:

We find that we don't really have enough time to do the things that we want to do at wdw, even on a 8 day stay. I might get a half day of shopping but that is about that. But even with that I have a hard enough time buying for my own family for future birthday, xmas etc.

I don't like to buy in the parks and carry things around with us.

Although it doesn't help that my hubby hates shopping.

Deb.

4. Yzma and Kronk

Yzma and Kronk <font color=darkcoral>I survived the Pie-fest<br><

It sounds like when you go to Vegas and people say, "I'll give you some money to bet for me." :sad2:

Just politely say you probably won't have much time for shopping, then show them a nicely prepared "commando" DIS itinerary. That should do it!

5. Scratch42

Scratch42 <font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go

I'll only do it for my DISFriends!

And then if I don't get a chance, they understand, 'cause they know we'll be going back!LOL

Scratch

6. kikipug

kikipug A princess NEVER chases a chicken!<br><font color=

Tell them you are flying with a carryon only, and not checking any luggage... no room for stuff!!!!

7. snoopyandpooh

snoopyandpooh Mouseketeer

I wish that works, my boss said she will buy me a suitcase to bring her stuff back! That's why I never tell my coworkers where I am going anymore.

8. lilsonicfan

lilsonicfan <font color=teal>The TF knows Canada VERY well!!<b

Tell them you'll mail their stuff to them (so you can stay under your limit) - with a 20% surcharge for having to go to the post office on your vacation :)