Anyone else have political trespassers?

After being out for the day yesterday, we arrived home to find a BO flyer on our doorstep. Can I press charges for trespassing? I didn't invite them on my property. And they obviously chose to ignore the "No Solicitations Allowed" sign at the entrance of the development.

Tore that one up and tossed it in the trash.

:rolleyes:

Perhaps it was an inside job, and your family is trying to tell you something.:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Why are Democrats such losers ?

How does one live day to day thinking like they do ?

Geeze, you trolls are crawling out of the woodwork lately.

Losers? Well, the U.S. Senate and House are finally back in the Democratic column. And the polls are looking good for the Presidency too.

Thinking 'like' we do? We think perfectly well, thank you very much. Your concern is appreciated. :lmao:

Geeze, you trolls are crawling out of the woodwork lately.

Losers? Well, the U.S. Senate and House are finally back in the Democratic column. And the polls are looking good for the Presidency too.

Thinking 'like' we do? We think perfectly well, thank you very much. Your concern is appreciated. :lmao:

Yeah...that 7% approval rating for Pelosi's Panderers is out of sight ! Since 2006, this Democrat controlled Congress has done NOTHING.

Senator McCain didn't earn his way into the Naval Academy. He was a 'legacy' the same way George W was a legacy at Harvard. Neither of them made good use of their opportunities. Neither one of them IMO is good at thinking - on their feet or otherwise.

Just curious about this statement - I didn't realize that it was possible to be a "legacy" at the Naval Academy... can someone direct me to info on that?

Hmmm... don't want to let the facts get in the way, but the terrible downturn in the economy coincidentally started when the Democrat regained control Congress. And, the Democrat controlled Congress has the lowest approval rating in history - lower than Pres Bush! :lmao:

And, this is probably going to put a bee in your bonnet, but take a swallow of this bitter pill:

POLL DATE OBAMA MCCAIN
CNN National Polls 9/5-7 48 48
Democracy Corps National Polls 9/8-10 46 48
Fox News National Polls 9/8-9 42 45
Ipsos National Polls 9/11-15 45 45
Los Angeles Times Nat'l Polls 8/15-18 42 41
NBC National Polls 9/6-8 46 45
Newsweek National Polls 9/10-11 46 46
Misc Pollsters National Polls 9/7-11 40 46

Try to have a good day. ;)

After being out for the day yesterday, we arrived home to find a BO flyer on our doorstep. Can I press charges for trespassing? I didn't invite them on my property. And they obviously chose to ignore the "No Solicitations Allowed" sign at the entrance of the development.

You know, it may have been practical joke. I had someone putting political stickers and columns on my office door which infuriated me for awhile. I never talk politics at work.

Then, I found out it was one of the students with a perverse sense of humor. I finally caught him at it and the stickers stopped. However, I realized I had somewhat over-reacted, assuming the stickers were meant as a political challenge by the "other side." Anyway, it could be some teen's sense of humor...

OMG, do you have a hissy fit when the Domino's guys drop off flyers?
Look, I live at the back of 3 acres and I work from home by myself during the day. Since our house was broken into last year and we were robbed I am more than a little skittish about people showing up unexpectedly. I have no trespassing signs up for a reason and I expect people to respect that and stay the hell of my property unless they are invited. I also don't appreciate having to clear up phone books, "free" newspapers, and flyers in plastic bags that are dropped in my driveway that gets blown across my lawn or the solicitation crap taped to my mailbox several times a week especially after they have been drenched in rain. In my book, that's littering. :mad:

Look, I live at the back of 3 acres and I work from home by myself during the day. Since our house was broken into last year and we were robbed I am more than a little skittish about people showing up unexpectedly. I have no trespassing signs up for a reason and I expect people to respect that and stay the hell of my property unless they are invited. I also don't appreciate having to clear up phone books, "free" newspapers, and flyers in plastic bags that are dropped in my driveway that gets blown across my lawn or the solicitation crap taped to my mailbox several times a week especially after they have been drenched in rain. In my book, that's littering. :mad:

I agree. I don't like unsolicited stuff either.

Again, do remember that someone may be just "stirring the pot" by putting that material in the OP's yard.

See, that's what democrats don't understand, and why Obama will lose this election. There is a difference between privilege and elitism. John McCain is wealthy and privileged. So is Sen. Obama. So is Sen. Biden. They are all wealthy and privileged (except Gov. Palin, who is more moderate in her income). But only Barack Obama is an elitist. An elitist is someone who believes he is better than most people, smarter than most people, and who believes he is entitled to certain spoils because of that. That describes Barack Obama perfectly. John McCain has never acted that way. Gov. Palin certainly doesn't act that way. When your candidate and his supporters dismiss people who attend state universities, shop at WalMart, and hunt & fish as white trash, that is elitism rearing its ugly head, and it's only coming from Barack Obama, other democrats, and the democrat media — and America has noticed. Moreover, John McCain gives more than 25% of his income to charity; the Obamas give less than 8%; Sen. Biden less than 5%. Senators Obama and Biden are privileged and elite, but have forgotten to be grateful and philanthropic. They don't believe they should have to be. That is elitism.
That's something I didn't know about him. Not trying to put you on the spot...but do you have a source? I wouldn't mind reading about it. Guess I might be due for a visit to his web site.

Sounds great! Bon fire and grilling at Michelle67's! :teeth:

Stirring the pot in my yard? But my neighbors don't know me well enough to know who I'm voting for. :lmao:

Ummm...they're exempt from restrictions on speech, but does the first amendment actually address trespassing? Gee, I must have missed that somethow.

PW, maybe you need a sign like one of my old clients had, that said "I don't want to buy anything, I will decide whom to vote for myself, I know where the local churches are and I don't want to sign your petition. Anybody else, feel free to knock."

I like that sign.

agnes!

OMG, do you have a hissy fit when the Domino's guys drop off flyers?

My 15 year old son is volunteering for the Obama campaign. For the most part, these volunteers (for both parties) are kids with big dreams and ideas and a LOVE for this country. They're great kids (volunteers for both parties) who are passionate and doing their part for this democracy. Get over yourself - what an absolutely ridiculous thing to complain about.

Would you have said the same if they left a McCain/Palin brochure?
Too many people here get their undies bunched up over a simple question. :rolleyes:

That is why we have junk mail. Send me your flyers by mail, not by knocking on my door.
That works! This is the first time anyone has ever come door to door. I usually get the garbage for the other elections by mail and just dump them. Luckily, I haven't gotten one call regarding this election. :banana:

Too many people here get their undies bunched up over a simple question. :rolleyes:

And there aren't panties in a wad over a simple brochure? I mean "political trespassing?" Why not just place the brochure in the recycle bin and be done with it. ;)

Apparently, many of his supporters are elitists, too. :rolleyes:

If ensuring that all Americans have access to quality, affordable health care means that I am elite, you can call me elite all day long :thumbsup2

I'd be pissed off to get a OB lit also, but... as someone who has dropped a TON of political literature over my lifetime, it is completely legal to leave political literature on a door or fence, even with a "no solicitations" sign. Just as it is legal to make political phone calls (even if you are on the no-call list). It is illegal to 'drop' political literature into a mailbox. That is mail fraud, and you can call you mail man and file a complaint.

If ensuring that all Americans have access to quality, affordable health care means that I am elite, you can call me elite all day long :thumbsup2
I would think we would want the most elite running this country. Not the grandfather that would sneak you a beer at the dinner table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter