Anyone else hate Jungle Cruise?

Love the Jungle Cruise, not my favorite but definitely underrated. But the reason they make the corny jokes is because animal kingdom has real animals and originally the Jungle Cruise was supposed to take itself seriously, but when you can go to a different park and see real animals they just changed the script, not for everyone but still a classic

We enjoy it particularly when we get a really good tour guide. It seems to stay crowded enough so maybe we're not the only ones.

On one hand, I enjoy it. Not only do I like silly jokes, I love classic rides (count me in for Tiki and CoP!). What I hate is how *awkward* the whole thing is. No one laughs, or if they do it's one person laughing way too hard in the middle of silent people. Or worse, the absolute worse, we had an honest to god heckler one time. I always feel so bad for the CM, try to give a little token chuckle, but it's all so cringy after every joke.

And here's something embarrassing. I always thought those boats only gave the illusion of being steered. I'd assumed they were all actually tethered and pulled from underneath (like a track). But since a few have mentioned boats having to the towed... Well. Heh. My bad.

The jokes are corny on purpose - they are not jokes gone bad, but bad jokes with a purpose. That is what makes them funny - the fact that they are so bad that you laugh in spite of yourself. But laughing at corny jokes requires that the listener be in the correct frame of mind at the outset.

We like the ride, but we need to give it a few years between rides because they use the same jokes and they lose their humor to us if we ride it too often.

You need to be able to enjoy corny humor in order to enjoy the ride. There is nothing worse than being the only family on the boat playing along with the Captain. Well, let me take that back. One trip we had an obviously inebriated guest who was being a jerk to the captain the whole ride. That was horrible!

You need to be able to enjoy corny humor in order to enjoy the ride. There is nothing worse than being the only family on the boat playing along with the Captain. Well, let me take that back. One trip we had an obviously inebriated guest who was being a jerk to the captain the whole ride. That was horrible!

Are you sure he wasn't just forcing the captain to change up the script that is used on every single ride?

Are you sure he wasn't just forcing the captain to change up the script that is used on every single ride?

No. He was a mean, rude drunk. I was honestly scared for a bit, and you could tell some of the other guests were uncomfortable as well.

We love it! We ride it at least twice per trip; once during the day and once at night. It can feel like two different rides!

One of my favorites and the last thing they need to do is update it! Leave it alone except for please stop putting CM's on the boats who are not good actors! The ride depends on the quality of the captain of the boat.

I will ride it if there isn't a long ride or if I just had to add another fast pass to make 3 and it was available. I love CoP and must ride it every trip so I guess I just love the old ones. I agree with everyone that your driver can make a world of difference and so can the other people on the boat. I love it when they go off script and throw in a few zingers. After 30 something years I've never ridden it at night so that is on my list of must tries on my upcoming Sept. trip. I try to stay away from water in Florida at night because if there is a skeeter anywhere in a mile radius it will find me but I sounds like I'm going to have to take one for the team.

We do it every time. For us the jokes are the draw for this ride. Many dont know that Thurl Ravenscroft narrated the ride first on s filmed trip. For us it's nostalgia, but I understand some either don't get or don't appreciate the old jokes. To each their own :)

But the reason they make the corny jokes is because animal kingdom has real animals and originally the Jungle Cruise was supposed to take itself seriously, but when you can go to a different park and see real animals they just changed the script...

The Jungle Cruise bad puns scripts have been in place decades before the building of Animal Kingdom park.
The JC bad puns scripts (and off-script ad libs) have been legend for many years before Disney even bought the land to build MK in Florida.

I don't love it and I don't hate it either (I reserve the word "hate" for things like Stich's Great Escape and the O Canada! film in EPCOT)

BUT I do think it has one of the most inexplicably long lines in WDW. Wait times are routinely in the 45-75 minute range in the afternoon, which is just ridiculous given the mediocrity of the ride.

The JC is one of the only attractions where an individual CM can actually make a major difference in the quality of the show.

Nowhere else except for Meet and Greet characters is the casting of the CMs so critical to the show.

Last edited:
The JC is one of the only attractions where an individual CM can actually make a major difference in the quality of the show.

Nowhere else except for Meet and Greet characters is the casting of the CMs so critical to the show.

What about Great Movie Ride?

I get quite a few folks love it but it's just not working for me. If it was just a boat ride observing the animals and just relaxing, I could take it. But the awful humor and the corny jokes just grate me. Maybe I'm alone in that feeling?

I'm guessing this is an April Fools Joke, but it's only July.....

I know not everything is for everyone, but this is an iconic ride...Yes they're corny jokes & yes you see the same things , but it's one of those rides that makes you aware that Yes, I'm In DISNEY.....At least in our family..:confused3

I get quite a few folks love it but it's just not working for me. If it was just a boat ride observing the animals and just relaxing, I could take it. But the awful humor and the corny jokes just grate me. Maybe I'm alone in that feeling?
We have a standing joke about jungle cruise in our house. It's one of those things everyone else loves, but we always skipped because it had too long of a wait and it always got bumped on the priority list. We finally did it 2 years ago and we couldn't wait for it to be over. It was so boring that my husband and kids were joking they were going to jump and swim back. Now it's a standing joke that when something is horrible boring, we refer to" is it as bad as sitting through the jungle cruise?"

I love this ride! I like corny jokes and the cheesy animals. I don't think I'd wait an hour or more to ride it, but if the line is short. I'm all in :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter