Anyone Else Has DH Disneyed OUT????????

patrenoe

Mouseketeer
First off let me just say that I LOVE WDW but my DH is very Disneyed out. This last Febuary we brought our neice and grand neice for 12 days and he asked in a very nice way if we could possibly wait until next year to go back again. :rotfl: Anyone else out there that has a DH or DW that just won't get with the program? :rotfl2: Please share. TIA.

Actually after our last trip, my husband said he is disneyed out.. I actually felt it a bit myself and cannot explain how or what happened. Sometimes I think the hustle bustle just gets to you and you need a little break. Sometimes I do not like the changes and Disney is constantly changing, and what I think does not always count. I have seen changes in menus, attractions, attitudes at guest services, some for the better, some for the worse. When it starts to annoy then I know it is time for a little break.

I do hope we get that feeling back again soon as I like to go at Christmas. So he is not alone, but it will pass.

Yes :wave2: . We just went Nov. 2004 and he says we have to wait until 2007 to go back :sad: . We are having a baby in July and he doesn't want to go until she is two. I would like to go next spring since on our last trip I was 6 weeks pg and sick as a dog. I feel like I deserve another trip :flower: !

DH likes Disney, but he doesn't want to spend all day in the park. This time, I promised him we could leave the parks at around 1 and spend the rest of the day at the pool. We're also going to spend one day just hanging around the hotel and make our arrival day a laid back day too. If I tried to push him too much, he wouldn't like Disney much either, and a relaxing trip appeals to me too.

My hubbie is Disney-ed out, too!! So, I am going w/o him this July--just my 2 DD and I. We have been going every year since 1996. We will probably take next year off and see how it goes.

My DH can only handle WDW every 5 years or so. I like to go 2-3 times a year! So I leave him home and take my mom and little DD. Sometimes big DD goes with us too but that is only every other year. I don't push DH to go because I know him and know he wouldn't have a great time. I have a blast going without him so it's right for both of us. My WDW trips are still considered a family vacation because I still go with my family, just not all of them!

My DH could take it or leave...mainly leave it. We were there 1 year ago. 2 of my DD's and myself are ready to go again. 1 Dd and DH are not. He wants to take vacations elsewhere. I have no problems with that. As much as I love WDW, sometimes I appreciate more when we stay away for a few years.

DH isn't disneyed-out but my two teens are. After our already planned trip this summer, I think it will be just DD9 and myself. (Have to leave DH home to supervise the teens.)

DH is getting close, I'm afraid. He also isn't a bit interested in any planning either. I don't even mention our trips to him until right before we leave. Once we get there he has a great time, but he doesn't want to hear me talk about it all the time. We're going this July and then next summer with my family and then I'd guess we'll (well, he'll) take a Disney break until any kiddos come along. I can always go with my sister!

I get Disney'ed out myself (and I know DH was too after our Oct 04 vacation - and it was his first trip!). For me, it usually lasts about 3 months until I start stressing out at work and start wanting to plan another trip.

Well come February I started thinking about Disney again so I flat out told him - I have to plan another trip or I'll go nuts! So in order to keep peace he said ok. :teeth: Fortunately he just told me the other day he's really looking forward to it. Yeehaw! :banana:

He'll come around...don't worry. Maybe you should pull my "damsel in distress" move. princess:

Nope, DH not Disneyed out. In fact he's more Disney than I am! :rotfl2:

My SO likes Disney,but no where near as much as I do! She wouldn't go if I didn't love it so much. I'm trying to talk her into a trip next summer with
nieces and nephews but I don't want to start nagging her .....yet! I convinced her brother not to go this year and wait for us next year. I figure I'll start workin' on her in July!!!!!

Since moving to Orlando we typically go to Disney every weekend. I didn't think my DH really had a problem with it until last weekend when he said,

"Don't you ever get sick of this place!?!?!?!?"

I guess we may have to take a couple of weekends off :rotfl:

man,you're wicked lucky Oogieboogie!!!!

thanks. He's so into Disney that he's the one who plans our trips right down to the hotels, dining, etc. I leave all the planning to him (less for me to think about), he even did the AP rate watch, stalking the phones at 6:55am to get the AP rates! :rotfl2:

We're not disneyed-out...but we are changing our approach for our next trip.....we are gonna stick to the one day on/off theory, unless weather REALLY dictates a change. We WILL take advantage of our resort and swim. Tried the 1/2 day break thing to come back and swim...all that did was wipe us out and make us too exhausted to return to the parks! :teeth: So, no commando touring! One day parks/next day resort. This plan will have us there at least 10 days, so that in itself knocks us to the every other year visit expense wise.

Pam

Yes, we went to WDW with DH as he had a Conference on the Disney property ~ perfect.....we can write part of the trip off!! :cheer2:

At that time, we said we would go back again this year if there is another conference. But, now, he says he does not want to go back even if their is a Conference! He wants to go to Mexico sometime soon. I almost had him talked into going to the next Conference without the kids 'cause the kids don't want to go anywhere. :confused3 But, NO.........

I LOVE to travel and Disney is just as good a destination as any!! :banana: There is so much we have not seen yet at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter