• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else going to MNSSHP on 9/22?

disneygal922

DIS Veteran
Anybody know off hand when the Not so scary Halloween Party starts, as in date wise? We will be there Sept 21 - Sept 26 and I was hoping there might be one that week... :confused3 This is my first time going in the fall!

Anybody know off hand when the Not so scary Halloween Party starts, as in date wise? We will be there Sept 21 - Sept 26 and I was hoping there might be one that week... :confused3 This is my first time going in the fall!
The MNSSHPs start Friday, September 4 this year.

There will be a party on the 22nd, which is a Tuesday, and on the 25th which is a Friday. My husband and I opted to go on the 22nd! Hope you have fun at the party!

:maleficen

Is anyone else going on Tuesday 9/22? I'm debating if we should buy our tix now or later. Also, wondering, if you are going, are you dressing up? What's your costume?

Is anyone else going on Tuesday 9/22? I'm debating if we should buy our tix now or later. Also, wondering, if you are going, are you dressing up? What's your costume?

My husband and I just wear cute t-shirts. Last year his said "I'm the Trick" and I had "I'm the treat". This year he will have "667 neighbor to the beast" and I will have "333 only half evil" :rotfl2:

It's too much for us to take elaborate costumes on the plane for us, so the t-shirts work great. No extra baggage fee. Plus they are alot cooler than costumes, which can be sooooo hot in September weather. :scared1:

We're going to the party on the 22nd! We did it last year and had a blast! Not 100% sure about the costume thing, but I'll probably wear my pirate princess costume from last year and DH will probably be Larry the Cable Guy again! We're super excited about it!!!

Also going on Sept. 22nd and also wearing cute T-Shirts.
We got our tix when they first came out.
It's fun to see everyone in costume but as PP said-it's hot in Sept. and hard to travel with costumes.
MNSSHP is a must for us!!!

We're planning on going on the 22nd as well! We do plan on dressing up, just not sure as what yet, though I'm trying to convince me eldest son to go as Hades.

We're going on both the 22 and 25, a group of 4 adults. Two of us are going as Anastasia and Drizella, one as Cruella DeVille and one as Shan-Yu, the villain from Mulan.

We're going on the 22nd too! First timers and we can't wait!! My kiddos (3, 6, 8) are going to flip! It's a suprise! :goodvibes

I had no idea that MNSSHP was so early! So, is the park decorated for Halloween? Are there special shows? We did MVMCP last time, and thought it was a waste of money as all the shows were available at non-party times as well. In fact, they were too full at the Party, and we caught them another night. Is there anything that stands out for the MNSSHP that it would be worth an extra $500ish for my party of 10?

We are going on the 22nd! We're eating dinner @ Crystal Palace @ 4:30 then off to the fun! There are going to be 8 of us total & we're thinking about pirate costumes but not totally sure yet...might be too hot! :cool2:

I had no idea that MNSSHP was so early! So, is the park decorated for Halloween? Are there special shows? We did MVMCP last time, and thought it was a waste of money as all the shows were available at non-party times as well. In fact, they were too full at the Party, and we caught them another night. Is there anything that stands out for the MNSSHP that it would be worth an extra $500ish for my party of 10?

Anyone??

I think there is a LOT to draw you in, even if it is an extra $500- but that depends on your party too. Is it a lot of kids or kids at heart, who like dressing up, trick or treating and dancing with Disney characters in halloween costumes? If so, yes! There is also a special parade that you can't see elsewhere and spectacular fireworks!! The headless horseman comes running through before the parade starts too. And how many people can really say they trick or treated at disney world? Not many. My daughter is going to freak out when she finds out we are going. Its a surprise for her when we get there and that's an expensive surprise- but so worth it to see the expression on her face when she finds out she is going!

We will be there on the 22nd too!! We went last year and had a blast!

Tinkerbella - to answer your question - the party has tons of things that you cant see in the park regularly - a special parade, special park decorations, the best fireworks disney has, a villians castle show, characters dressed in halloween costumes, and of course trick or treating locations. Not sure I can make the call for you on the party of 10 cost, but its the best time we have ever had in disney in our 9 trips!

As far as costumes - last year we all wore orange polo shirts and olive green shorts (think pumpkin colors). It looked really great in pictures - especially outside the park entrance. This year we are debating what to do - but we are leaning heavily towards hawaiian shirts and lei's/necklaces. Again - something simple to pack and comfortable temp wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter