Anyone else get "you're going again" when you announce your trip

We used to get that, but we haven't been to WDW since 2015. Now we are getting you haven't been in so long :teeth:. Of course we went to Aulani and DL over those years, but people don't seem to think of the 3 places as Disney. Go figure. We didn't care what people thought anyway. I've also had many people ask for help planning their vacations since we had been so many times.

Worse than "you're going again" is "Why are you taking a 2 year old to Disney? She won't remember it."

My in-laws, on the other hand, are a Disney family. So if we go in September, they'll say "Want to go again in January?"

The comments are less frequent lately, but there were only two nay-sayers who were prevalent. (1) My mom - who is a very negative person in general, so it's not a surprise when she comments (I typically get criticized on 15 different things in a 5 minute phone conversation - yes... I've counted). (2) A former employee of DH's, we heard secondhand. It was mainly when she worked there (she's older and wants to take her kids and grandkids - which is 12 people and was in a lower paying job than DH, who is the owner's son and works 50+ hours a week).

To the random people who might speak up over the years, I just tell them, "My husband gets one week of vacation every year and he likes to make the most of it. He usually has the final say in where we go" (excluding this year's trip - I really lobbied for that one!) "and we all love Disney."

I was able to go to Disney 3 times between 2010-2012 and definitely heard that. I had a few year hiatus (pregnancy+kid!) and was able to go back for my son's first trip February 2015. I'm not even mentioning the upcoming anniversary trip my husband and I are taking in September until we get back because I don't want to make anyone jealous and don't want to deal with the negativity. :) People will judge others regardless.

We hear it all the time. My son has ASD and can only handle short trips, so we go several times a year for 3 or 4 days tops. I don't usually pull them out of school (though I did for parade taping and our very first trip, trying to minimize crowds until we knew how he would handle it). We are throwing a Disney cruise in this year, so I expect to hear about that too lol

I think people say things because they view Disney as a "once in a lifetime" trip. And sure, you could spend 10$ grand on a trip or spend $2000. I view it as a trip to take a few times before the kids are 18. When I tell people we stayed on property (ASM) for $75 a night last trip, they're impressed at the deal I got. People make assumptions. I like to share my budget savvy with other people because I like to help people.

We just went in May with our toddler and created so many fun memories that we started planning our next vacation before we even got home! We're going back in November but doing a number of things to cut the budget (staying offsite, fewer character meals, etc) to be more practical. We're just now letting people know we're going back and they look at us like we've sprouted 10 extra eyeballs...and I just know they're talking about how crazy we are behind our backs. I always hate those conversations because I feel like I have to justify the expense to them and end up feeling guilty and gluttonous afterwards.

I find I have to remind myself that it's our money and our memories...we can spend them however we like. We live pretty modestly so I think it's genuinely a shock when we do something "extravagant".

Always. Every time. I just ignore it. I tell everyone its where my kids are happiest. We've been so many times, we have it down to a science now and it's a very easy vacation for me to plan and pull of at this point. Why mess with a good thing?

All the time so we just stopped telling people that we are going. It's not a secret, but we just don't announce it to everyone anymore. Keeps the comments down.

We haven't told my in laws yet. They are very negative and strange about these things and very hypocritical in judging us but not her daughter. But it is what it is...my mom was annoyed but only because I apparently told her 6 months before the trip and not at the 7 month point when we planned it. Lol whatever! We invited her, too. And we invited my inlaws last time when we were all in FL together and went uo for three days, they turned it down.

It's awkward because a year ago we borrowed a few thousand dollars form them, my husband had a breakdown and made bad financial decisions. He is better now and in treatment, and has a new, better job and does some extra work too. We tried to pay them back, to buy them a new dryer they want, and to pay for other thigns but they turn us down so I guess I shouldn't feel bad! We will let them know soon, we mentioned it casually once but I don't think they heard. If they say somehitng nasty I will tell them we went through a lot last year as a family and almost didn't make it. We are celebrating in a pkace that means a lot to all of us. And we also got free dining.

It's nobody's business but some of us are sensitive and still get stressed or feel bad when people say things! People are so, so rude. None of it matters when we arrive though right?

And most people assume it does take 10k to go! Sometimes it's just ignorance

My mother's view is that everyone should only to twice. Once as a child and once as an adult with your own kids.

So she thinks we're nuts for going again next year. But we love it, it's an easy vacation with tons to do without ever leaving disney property, and we want to go as many times as we can while the kids will be young.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter