Anyone else get the survey??

kjd469

Addicted to WDW
We received an email survey today from ABD. The survey seemed to be for people who are taking an ABD in 2009. I thought the questions were very interesting, and they are obviously aware of the competition. I am glad that they are still asking for consumer feedback, and are trying to improve on what they offer. Just wondering if anyone else got it and what you thought?

Can't wait for our Southwest Splendours Adventure July 4, 2009!!

We received an email survey today from ABD. The survey seemed to be for people who are taking an ABD in 2009. I thought the questions were very interesting, and they are obviously aware of the competition. I am glad that they are still asking for consumer feedback, and are trying to improve on what they offer. Just wondering if anyone else got it and what you thought?

Hmmmm... no survey for me! Darn!

Enjoy Southwest Splendors! It's wonderful!

Sayhello

It was LONG
I loved a few of the pictures
I thought some of the statements were interesting
The questions... they were kind of what I would have epxected.

No I do wish I did, maybe they are only sending them to people they think they made happy?:rotfl:

The questions were asking how you came to decide on ABD, who was involved in the decision making, asking if you considered other tour companies, which ones, showing pics. of possible or existing advertising to see what appealed, how far in advance you planned, and booked, that was the tone of the survey. It did ask if you had ever been on an ABD, but they specifically said at the beginning of the survey that they were not looking for suggestions or ideas, only answer the questions asked. Also they were asking about new types of Adventures - spa adventures, sports adventures, and "first" adventures for families with kids as young as 6 mnths.

I just completed my survey... I'd say that about half of the questions were based on our planning for the AbD that we took last year and the rest were questions about guest preferences and thoughts about the current and future AbD offerings and marketing efforts.

I didn't get a survey. Hmmmm. This summer would be my 3d ABD--maybe they figure they already got me, so no need to ask?

Turtlemom:confused3

Sample question:

Adventures by Disney added "Signature Trips" in 2009 for Adventures to two destinations: South Africa and Northern California. "Signature Trips" include extra touches such as upgraded hotels, select alcoholic beverages for adults, and additional special events and activities.

Listed below are enhancements that could be part of future "Signature Trips." How important is each of these enhancements to you when deciding whether to consider a "Signature Trip" versus a standard trip?

Rate it on a scale 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
with 1 Not at all Important and 10 Extremely Important

"Signature Trip" Aspect

Upgraded accommodations

Smaller group sizes

Deluxe transfers to/from the airport to your hotel upon arrival in and departure from the destination

Additional alcoholic beverages included for adults at select meals

Spa treatments

Deluxe transfers to/from your home to the airport

Upgraded lunch and dinner menus

Enhanced VIP amenities and special surprise gifts

Additional or enhanced special events, activities, or entertainment throughout the trip

Quite a few questions had to do with visual images and wording of adverts that made you think AbD was right up your alley and was tailor made for you.

Just completed my survey. One question asked what I found most helpful about the "telephone concierge". I stated that they were able to tell me percentage of how full the trip was and age ranges and number of kids on the trip. Also said that the telephone concierge is not allowed to give out that information any longer and it was a source of aggravation amongst the general public.
There was also a question on where most of my info came from that convinced me to book the trip, and I cited the DIS Boards website. Hopefully, they will take a look at some of the topics/frustrations discussed here.

I got the survey today. I think it was just geared to anyone who booked an adventure with them, and why they chose ABD. Hopefully those travelers who experienced canceled trips this year could give them a piece of their mind.

The survey was in my inbox when I checked my email last night - I agree, it was geared to those who had already been on an adventure or have one planned. It even asked me to confirm we did the Emerald Isle ABD trip in 2008. It was interesting, fun to take - I offered lots of comments...:goodvibes

I got one last night also! Filled it out but my BIGGEST suggestion to Disney was - they really only acccomodate families of 4; we have 3 kids so we are pushed to two rooms, or on the cruise 2 staterooms, or deluxe hotel in DisneyWorld or two rooms ;making it all very expensive for that one more kid. LOL!!! We have done the AS suites but as well costs more and actually cheaper to rent 2 value rooms (depending on time of year); regardless they weren;t for us and Disney being family oriented should be able to make some concessions for larger families it not like we are the octuplets! :pray:

I just completed my survey... I'd say that about half of the questions were based on our planning for the AbD that we took last year and the rest were questions about guest preferences and thoughts about the current and future AbD offerings and marketing efforts.

Just finished mine. Same thing.

Just finished mine. I don't know what good it is as in customer service wise, just seems like they want information as to how to entice future clientellle.

I got it as well. Interesting, but what was up with the question at the end that asked if you or anyone in your party was gay or Lesb? That was really strange????

A lot of tour companies specialize in gay/lesbian interest tours - maybe Disney is thinking of throwing some into their mix.

I got mine today. I also thought the question about gay or lesbians was strange.
I did add a comment at the end, even though it asked for comments on the survey, I commented on how ABD telephone concierge is less then helpful
and they might send those individuals to Disney school to improve their customer service.

On another topic...I was told we are getting backpacks on the 2009 adventures
instead of those oversized, useless messenger bags that many of us last year
complained about.

On another topic...I was told we are getting backpacks on the 2009 adventures
instead of those oversized, useless messenger bags that many of us last year complained about.
Oh, yay! The messenger bag went into the closet and has never been used...

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter