Anyone else get the post-cruise blues?

TinkBell10

DIS Veteran
The build-up to a cruise is always so exciting with all the planning, counting down the days, etc. Then--the time finally comes to set sail, have an awesome time, and then it's over. :sad2: I always walk around feeling blue for several days after returning home. Anyone else with me? What do you do to snap out of it? :confused:

The build-up to a cruise is always so exciting with all the planning, counting down the days, etc. Then--the time finally comes to set sail, have an awesome time, and then it's over. :sad2: I always walk around feeling blue for several days after returning home. Anyone else with me? What do you do to snap out of it? :confused:

Yes yes and yes....thanks for posting this because I was beginning to think I was crazy. I keep looking at forums, our pics and wishing we were back on our cruise. We have another one booked for next February but that seems soooooooo long away. :sad2:

I know--it's so depressing! I try to get over it by doing a scrap book of the trip and start planning for the next one. But, it's still always a bummer to be home and back to real life.

I see you have done a lot of Disney Cruises....which do you prefer Eastern or Western Caribbean? What other Disney sailings have you done that you liked?

You're so not alone on this one! It seems most all of my vacations on the last night after everyone goes to bed...there I am...SAD! Sometimes even tearful...I will never admit this to my family so thank you for letting me post this on here!

You're so not alone on this one! It seems most all of my vacations on the last night after everyone goes to bed...there I am...SAD! Sometimes even tearful...I will never admit this to my family so thank you for letting me post this on here!

Sorry to break this to you but if this is your 1st Disney cruise you are going to feel that way even more so at the end of your cruise....they are that much fun and probably the easiest vacation I have ever done with our little ones.

I see you have done a lot of Disney Cruises....which do you prefer Eastern or Western Caribbean? What other Disney sailings have you done that you liked?

For my family, DCL is all about the ship, and the ports don't really matter to us. So, I don't really have a preference of Eastern vs. Western. As long as we're on a Disney ship, we're happy. The only port we really care about is Castaway Cay...so definitely looking forward to our June cruise when we get to visit it twice. :goodvibes

I went on my first cruise and I feel this way, exactly. I've been home for a few weeks now... and I still have the post-cruise blues! Something about the Disney cruise magic really got me, and has stuck with me.

I'm feeling a little guilty for having the blues, because I do feel VERY lucky to be able to cruise at all. This is a very posh problem to have... !! ;) But I definitely feel it.

Guess I have to get to work on planning the next cruise... !!

I've learned to NEVER got off the ship without having booked another cruise on board. Even if it is a dummy date that I know I'm going to have to push forward. It goes a long way to help the post-cruise blues!

:thumbsup2

I was so relived during our first cruise that we realized right away how very much we liked it and that my fiance has the great :idea: to book onboard for our next one! It is going to be a looong wait - 1.5 to 2 years, but it is there and i am looking so forward to it that it motivates me to do my best at work and even hum a little.

I'm even thinking of changing my plans for my next cruise so I don't have to wait as long. I was going to cruise again in Nov. 2012 but I am thinking May 2012 now! However... a longer fall trip on the Fantasy might still win out, we'll see. Decisions, decisions.

I realized that I usually spend a lot of vacation dollars at the WDW parks/resorts, but going forward I can see that a chunk of those dollars are going to be transferred over the DCL for the foreseeable future! :sunny:

The post cruise blues are a real drag!

It definitely helps to have more cruises booked ... It was particularly helpful to return from one cruise and have the cruise docs from the next one waiting in the mail pile :thumbsup2

Great idea to book onboard, even a dummy date

I thought I am the only one with this "blues". I am so happy to find out I am not alone but I'm still can't get rid of it. What I do is to plan for your next cruise, look back at the pictures, talk to your friends about it. This is how I survive. :sad1:

Yet another way I've learned to 'cope' is checking in with DIS! It's so wonderful reading about others' adventures and sharing experiences. I live vicariously through others with their trip reports, etc. It's funny....I've been a 'lurker' for a long time, and now that I've joined, it's even more fun.

HA! That explains why I've spent an hour on the phone with Disney/website securing my room reservation for August 2012!!! I need help! Sure, I have all the excuses..family of five, wanting the best cheapest room we can secure..not many cat 8's hold five so of course I had to research reviews and let the kids help me plan out which deck we wanted to be on, then email the gentleman who had room 9000 on the Dream, hoping that it'd be the same layout on the Fantasy...rebooked and paid my $12 upgrade deposit due....somehow felt like I was back in the planning stage!! We just got off last week, and just unpacked our suitcases today...

Ah....some people buy shoes/drink/party...I waste time planning a vacation....ugh!

Tara

I get post-trip blues - especially when I leave WDW. All 3 of my Disney cruises have been followed by time at WDW, so I have had something fun to look forward to when the cruise ended. My first Disney cruise was a 4-day with my elderly mother, and I couldn't wait until the cruise ended!

Yes I do. I was blue the day we left the ship. We went on the eastern this month and have the eastern on the Fantasy already booked for June 2012, but that is so far away. I want a cruise between now and then. I'm kind-of embarrassed about it. We already go to WDW multiple times a year, now I have to cruise Disney twice a year? My coworkers must think I'm crazy.

I think that all of us cried the last day. I loved our servers and all of the youth staff on the Magic!

We did book more on board, and have one in a few months with a few days at WDW tacked on!

yes, yes, yes, i wasn't sure if it was bc it had been so long since our last vacation, or bc we had such a good time!
we loved our cruise, regret not rebooking on board, but already have plans for next year, and plan to contact our TA soon to lock in our date and price :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter