• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else get a Disney survey in their email?

C & L Shaw

Goofy4DisneyWorld
I received this in my email tonight but it doesn't look right. We have been doing a lot of shopping at Disney.com for our upcoming trip next month so I can see where we might get this but, I am still not 100% that this is real. The Disney logo on top doesn't look right and there isn't a trade mark on it either.

Dear Guest,

We want to hear from you!

You’ve been selected to participate in an exclusive online survey for Disney
customers like you. The survey will be approximately 40 - 50 minutes and will
ask about your family entertainment and travel preferences and behavior.

We value your feedback and hope you’ll share your thoughts. We have hired
Lieberman Research Worldwide, an independent market research company,
to help us with this survey. Please be assured that your responses will be
kept confidential and your information will not be sold or used for direct
marketing or promotional purposes. Our research company will share your
responses with us so that we can better understand our customers' needs.

Thank you in advance. We appreciate you taking the time to
complete our survey.

Anyone else see a 40-50 minute survey from Disney?

I did, too. Debating whether I'm willing to spend that much time on a survey.

I received a Disney survey, but my wording was different than yours.

"Thank you for selecting the Walt Disney World® Resort for your upcoming vacation!

We have selected a small, but significant, sampling of Guests for an important online survey, and we would greatly appreciate your participation. Please have the person most responsible for booking the vacation complete the questionnaire.

To launch the survey, please click here.

Your feedback will be given our undivided attention, for we genuinely want to provide our Guests with the ultimate vacation experience."

It came from the same from address that all my official Disney notices do, and it linked direct to a Disney website, not a 3rd party.

It only took about 15 minutes to do. But I really wanted to scream I'm a Diser, so yes, I know what a FP is! Yes I know about all this stuff! I probably know more than you do. There were also a few questions I found funny like, "Why did you choose not to use a travel agent?" Hello, Disney fanatic planner here, why would I let someone else have all the fun?

Most of the survey was fill in the bubble, but part of it they let you write out your response. I'm sure they really appreciated my analysis on Disney vs UT ticket prices as an explanation of why I bought my tickets where I did. I doubt they will ever send me a survey again.

I got it the day before yesterday; I did spend the time to respond and found it to be pretty comprehensive.

I got an email from WDW a few weeks ago, asking me to participate in a research study, conducted by a third party out of NJ, looking into how to improve the website. I responded, but it was full. Hopefully this means they'll be fixing the site soon. It is SO slow, and glitchy!!

I got this right after I did an online survey that popped up when I was using the WDW site. So, maybe the emails y'all have been getting are part of that study, or some other research. :)

I just got the same email and seemed so suspicious I ended up here. lol
It's ridiculous that they expect you to waste nearly an hour of your time to provide information that will benefit them. They compensated Lieberman Research but our time should be given freely? Most internet surveys especially of that length at least offer some sort of reward for completing it. I think I'll pass unless I see it'll be worth my while.

I get various ones all of the time for the parks, DCL, and Disney Store. I also get asked online. I usually try to do them but not always. A lot of the longer ones have a save and resume feature.

If you are going to complain about FP+ then don't bother doing the survey;) Just kidding.

It's ridiculous that they expect you to waste nearly an hour of your time to provide information that will benefit them. They compensated Lieberman Research but our time should be given freely? Most internet surveys especially of that length at least offer some sort of reward for completing it. I think I'll pass unless I see it'll be worth my while.

Maybe you are more likely to get a pin code if you do it. I received a pin code in 2012, not long after completing a survey about a recent trip. It could have been a coincidence though.

I don't remember the company name, but the research study I was invited to do, which was full by the time I was invited, would have paid me $300. It was a little more involved than just a survey, though.

I got the same one the OP posted about. I did several lengthy surveys after our last trip to DL, so I'm guessing that's why I was selected. However, I'm not going to take the time to take their 40 to 50 minute survey.

Dear Guest,

We want to hear from you!

You’ve been selected to participate in an exclusive online survey
for Disney customers like you...

Something else odd.
The wording says "Guest" in the greeting, but "customers" in the body.

When was the last time Disney publicly referred to guests as "customers?"

I'm thinking that even if this script was written by an outside survey company
(very likely,) I'd think that someone at Disney would have had approval on the wording.

If nothing else, the public presentation of the survey, even if "official," is sloppy.

Be Very Careful!! We have been getting all sorts of weird (close enough to 'look' authentic) emails, but I immediately delete them - some are viruses! :headache:

We have good virus protection on our Macs, but dh tells me to be very aware. Even got an email from a dear friend yesterday that my Mac would not open, thankfully. A virus had taken over her complete contact list without her realizing it! :eek:

Something else odd.
The wording says "Guest" in the greeting, but "customers" in the body.

When was the last time Disney publicly referred to guests as "customers?"

I'm thinking that even if this script was written by an outside survey company
(very likely,) I'd think that someone at Disney would have had approval on the wording.

If nothing else, the public presentation of the survey, even if "official," is sloppy.

That's the direction I was leaning towards. I can't add the photo here but the "official" Disney logo that is on the top has the back part of the "Y" in Disney cut off. I know that some graphics when copied from the web will not copy the entire image. Still haven't responded to the survey, I don't think I will.

The survey is legitimate but an hour of my time doesn't come free. :)

Incidentally, "viruses" generally don't take over contact lists. That kind of behavior is associated with email spoofing.

I was invited to be part of a focus group in NYC recently but couldn't participate because of a conflict of interest (I work for a hotel company). I believe the subject was using mobile technology in the parks. It sounded like it would have been interesting though and for what it's worth, they paid the participants for their time!

Sounds like they're casting a pretty wide net though and gathering results from various sources, which is a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter