Anyone Else Get A Call About BOG?

Stinkerbell's Mommy

Mouseketeer
We have an ADR for 9/6 at 6:20 PM. Just got a call from Disney Dining regarding the reservation. Of course, I'm at work and missed the call so I called them back. Ended up in their voicemail now. Given how hard that resevation was to come by I'm getting a bit nervous as to why they are calling me 4 months out from my trip. It can't be good news. GRRRR.

Is that the weekend of Night of Joy? Sounds about that time (and it is a Friday)

I can't remember how they handled ADRs for that weekend in the past (restaurants closed, or just closed to non-ticket holders a la the holiday parties), but that's likely the reason.

Just got off the phone with Disney Dining. They are closing the restaurant for the evening and cancelling all of the reservations. The only option they gave me was to "fastpass" lunch at BOG any day we are there.

Yes, it's Night of Joy. Possibly it's going to be used for a VIP or press event.

Just got off the phone with Disney Dining. They are closing the restaurant for the evening and cancelling all of the reservations. The only option they gave me was to "fastpass" lunch at BOG any day we are there.

Oh, how disappointing! I wish they could do more, I understand they can't, but I wish they could. :sick:

That was poor planning on their part! I would be so disappointed.....and a little angry too. Hopefully you will enjoy lunch.

So sorry to hear that :(. I'd be quite upset as well. I wonder if there's any way they could give you first crack at any cancellations for other nights of your trip. Not sure that's feasible but maybe worth asking!

Sorry for the disappointment about losing a dinner ressie, but just know that lunch at BOG is FABULOUS! We were there last week and were really impressed with our experience. At first we were disappointed we couldn't get a dinner reservation (it was my daughter's 6th birthday) but now I have no disappointment. We were in the first group let in for lunch and all the wait staff and chefs met us at the door giving us a round of applause as we entered the restaurant. What a special way to start the meal! In addition the food, service, ambience, decor, etc was wonderful. A fast pass at lunch is a treat since the line can get very long. Enjoy your lunch and the fastpass!

We have an ADR for 9/6 at 6:20 PM. Just got a call from Disney Dining regarding the reservation. Of course, I'm at work and missed the call so I called them back. Ended up in their voicemail now. Given how hard that resevation was to come by I'm getting a bit nervous as to why they are calling me 4 months out from my trip. It can't be good news. GRRRR.

That really stinks but as pp have said lunch is really good! We have done both and loved both. Lunch you can walk around a little more freely without feeling like you are interrupting someones meal. Plus 3 rooms are open. BTW. DS26 and his GF got free tkts to Night of Joy. Maybe 2 years ago. He met a member of a band that was playing and somehow ended up with free tkts. They were thrilled ......until they got there. He said there were more obnoxious preteens and young teens running around unsupervised than he had ever seen before.They were on HM when it stopped so many times because kids were climbing from one doom buggy to another. They couldn't wait to get out of there! Free tkts or no free tkts they left! Not saying this is typical Night of Joy stuff but just trying to look on the bright side of your situation!! :goodvibes

Hey,

I have a missed call and have BOG booked for that night too. Am gutted. It's my honeymoon and this was something we both wanted to do.

I'm assuming they will try and phone again,
Lucy

Thanks everyone :) I'm okay with lunch. I was avoiding it originally because I did not want to get stuck waiting in line with a potentially crabby 6 year old and two potentially crabby adult males ;) The FastPass option makes lunch less daunting so I'm good. We had to rearrange another lunch ADR for that day. My DH really wanted to eat at Liberty Tree this trip so the woman I spoke to was able to get us dinner there on another day. So all's well that ends well at this point, now if they would only offer free dining for my entire trip I'd be in heaven.

sweetypie747 - they should have left you a call back number when they called. I called them back, left them a message and they called me back just a few minutes later. They will explain the issue and offer you the fastpass for lunch any day you want.

That is such poor planning on their part. Thankfully lunch is QS, so you can still experience the restaurant.. but it just stinks that they are cancelling everyone's ADR for that night! I would have been so disappointed.

Thanks everyone :) We had to rearrange another lunch ADR for that day. My DH really wanted to eat at Liberty Tree this trip so the woman I spoke to was able to get us dinner there on another day.

Just a FYI that lunch and dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern are 2 very different experiences. At lunch you order from a menu. Dinner is a family style all you care to eat "Thanksgiving dinner."

I can't even imagine how disappointed you are, but keep trying. We had to change our dates slightly for better plane ticket prices, so I couldn't make it to my original BOG res. For the last 2 days I have been checking every hour online. I was able to get a res for us this morning. We are going the last week of Aug. So it can happen. Don't give up hope.:thumbsup2

Just a FYI that lunch and dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern are 2 very different experiences. At lunch you order from a menu. Dinner is a family style all you care to eat "Thanksgiving dinner."

I know :) I am not thrilled with the family style dinner but my husband loves the atmosphere of the restaurant so we'll survive.

I'm going to keep trying to get a dinner reservation for BOG but will make do with what I have at this point. I'll still be at Disney :)

You are far kinder than me... I would ask for them to do more... find me an ADR for another night of my trip, give me preferred viewing for fireworks, tickets to the hard-ticketed NoJ event, something!

We had a similar issue with Teppan Edo being closed for emergency refurb in 2007 and getting a call about a month out... they offered us ADRs at a few different restaurants plus Illuminations viewing on a patio behind Rose & Crown... it made up for it!

Closing for a private party should have been programmed in before ADRs became available so the system showed sold out before you could make a ressie!

I wouldn't be disappointed at all! We just came from Disney and ate at BOG two evenings and one of the palace rooms was closed--- the Rose Garden room, I believe? They told me that they only open that dining room for lunch and for dinner they use it as an additional prep area. So we only got to see two of the palace rooms. The food was fabulous at dinner and I'm sure it will be the same for lunch. Have fun and enjoy that fastpass!:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter