• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Else Find it Ridiculous....

CuteAsMinnie

DIS Veteran
... That after 4 hours of trying to call CRO to modify existing reservation to apply the late summer discount and guests STILL can't get through.....???

YES!! I have been trying to do so as well. Ugh. Finally, I went online and just booked it, maybe they'll be able to work some magic in transferring my dining but probably not. Oh well.

We just need to have courtyard view at WL for our entire 10-night stay so it was more important than dining we had. I saw dates surrounding our were already sold out so I had to. Now we're in September 18-28, yay!

I hope it works out for you! I wish they could handle a long wait because I wouldn't have minded waiting hours if I knew I was going to be helped eventually.

I am already booked and trying to add FD. I am starting to wonder if I should just give up at this point. I tried early this morning and now again and I am getting nowhere. If I already have a reservation, what are the chances that they will just add FD to my existing ressie?

I haven't been able to get through on their phone system all day and the website was also causing me problems. I had to create a new MDE account to reserve a new hotel room (for whatever reason, the website would not let me add tickets). When I cancel my original reservation, will it be possible to re-link my dining reservations and MNSSHP tickets to the other account? I tried today and it said I couldn't because it was associated with another person.

Something is up with their website today because i have been trying to pay off my balance all day and it won't let me. Trying to give Disney my money and they don't want to take it:(

I am already booked and trying to add FD. I am starting to wonder if I should just give up at this point. I tried early this morning and now again and I am getting nowhere. If I already have a reservation, what are the chances that they will just add FD to my existing ressie?

Does your reservation show the following? If so do it online. I added FD this way to Pool View POR this morning.

upload_2015-4-27_16-13-6.png

... That after 4 hours of trying to call CRO to modify existing reservation to apply the late summer discount and guests STILL can't get through.....???

I don't think it is that crazy. If thousands are calling the same time, there will be a long wait at the phone lines, even with hundreds of CMs working. Staffing is difficult, and you either have way to many employees on a quiet day, or you have too long hold times on busy days.

They should not have released all the dates at once. They should have just released late August - early October and then the rest on another day. Just like when they opened BOG for lunch for 180 days. They need to consider capacity.

I don't think it is that crazy. If thousands are calling the same time, there will be a long wait at the phone lines, even with hundreds of CMs working. Staffing is difficult, and you either have way to many employees on a quiet day, or you have too long hold times on busy days.
When FD comes out, it is a crapshoot on getting through. Not upset at all with my wait. Was expected. It is probably their busiest calling/on-line booking day of the year.

I've had a TA trying for 3 days to cancel my old reservation. ( never thought I'd get FD for thanksgiving week, so booked months ago ). They can't get through either.

I've had a TA trying for 3 days to cancel my old reservation. ( never thought I'd get FD for thanksgiving week, so booked months ago ). They can't get through either.
Are they trying to cancel a ressie you made or one they made for you. I've never used a TA before and don't know the ins and outs of it. Is there a thread on how to book with a TA and what you can and can't do as far as deposits/canceling/FP/ dining 180's etc.?

Are they trying to cancel a ressie you made or one they made for you. I've never used a TA before and don't know the ins and outs of it. Is there a thread on how to book with a TA and what you can and can't do as far as deposits/canceling/FP/ dining 180's etc.?
If you book with a TA, you have no control over a reservation at all. Any changes, cancellation, etc have to be done through them. Once they give you your reservation number you can link it in your MDE and make your own ADRs and FP. I am trying to cancel an old reservation since we couldn't add FD to that reservation. So I just this morning saw that that reservation has dropped off my MDE, so I think they finally got it cancelled. If you are waiting for a discount, or are a control freak like me, do not book with a TA. Sometimes there are perks like a TA will offer gifts or a gift card, etc. but for the most part, you are usually better off doing it yourself, hen if you change your mind, dates, or in this case a discount hat was crucial that you call/modify immediately, you aren't relying on someone else to do it for you. I saw many people who saw free dining open at 4:30, whose TA wasn't even in the office till 9:00 for them to call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter