• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else excited about NKOTB's Rock This Boat?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
I was a teen in the late 80's/early 90's & a huge NKOTB fan back then. Listened to their cassette tapes/CD's nonstop, plastered my walls with their posters from Teen Beat Magazine, memorized their dances, went to their concerts, watched their Saturday Morning cartoon, etc...

Watching the previews for their new reality show that airs tonight, I have to admit that those boys still give me butterflies!!

Anyone else excited about their new tv show?

I hadn't heard about it, until now. I've now got my DVR set!!! LOVE NKOTB!!!
Went to the NKOTBSB concert a few years back and it was AWESOME!!

I wish I could see it but we don't get that channel in Canada.....I have to admit that NKOTB are my guilty pleasure.....I looooovvveee Donnie and met him and got a hug when they opened Wahlburgers in Toronto....my best birthday gift ever(day after my bday). I always think I want to do the cruise every year but not sure if I could handle it. lol.
Enjoy the show. :happytv:
P.S. since their reunion I have been to 7 concerts and have even travelled to Detroit to see them. They are about to announce a tour but I have to sit this one out because I planned a disney vacation instead....yes I have a problem.lol:rotfl2:

YES YES YES!!!! I've been watching Donnie loves Jenny, The Wahlburgers and can't wait for Rock This Boat. There was an intro special a few days ago!!

I love love NKOTB and always have. I was stoked for the reunion tour in 2008 and did 3 VIP package shows. Then I saw NKOTBSB as well.

Can't wait!! Wish I could do the cruise!

I was a teen in the late 80's/early 90's & a huge NKOTB fan back then. Listened to their cassette tapes/CD's nonstop, plastered my walls with their posters from Teen Beat Magazine, memorized their dances, went to their concerts, watched their Saturday Morning cartoon, etc...

Watching the previews for their new reality show that airs tonight, I have to admit that those boys still give me butterflies!!

Anyone else excited about their new tv show?

Don't have satellite anymore, so hopefully I cna catch it streaming somewhere.

Did you see the episode of The Goldbergs the other week about NKOTB? Hilarious!

I'm super excited too..!! But we don't get it in Australia... I will wait to find it on the internet or my clever NKOTB friends will get a copy somehow and send it to me....lol

Wish I could cruise with them,,Disney will have to do for now though...hehehe

Can I say yes and no?

Yes because I get to relive the cruise! It was an amazing time!

No because truthfully the taping of it was so annoying! The cameras were everywhere. My friend got hit in the back of the head with one of the cameras. A camera guy tried to shove my friend and I out of the way because he wanted to get the group he was taping up front in our spot close to the stage. Thankfully the security guy was awesome and told the camera man that we had paid a lot to be here and we wouldn't be moving. Still keep in touch with that guy!

I'm also a bit worried they may catch me rolling my eyes or scowling. Some of the things the girls did were a little trashy and honestly not how 95% of the fans act and I know I rolled my eyes at them once or twice!

But I'll watch it for sure! It was an amazing few days!

Did you see the episode of The Goldbergs the other week about NKOTB? Hilarious!

I just caught up and watched this last night. It was very funny. That show is just the best.

I am too old to be a NKOTB groupie. The Osmonds and Jackson 5 were my era.

Me! I love NKOTB. I sailed on that ship about a month before the cruise so while I'm watching I keep thinking 'I drank at that bar, I swam in that pool, I remember that club...'

As much as I love them I don't think I could do one of their cruises. Too expensive (for Carnival) and way too crowded.

Can I say yes and no?

No because truthfully the taping of it was so annoying! The cameras were everywhere. My friend got hit in the back of the head with one of the cameras. A camera guy tried to shove my friend and I out of the way because he wanted to get the group he was taping up front in our spot close to the stage. Thankfully the security guy was awesome and told the camera man that we had paid a lot to be here and we wouldn't be moving. Still keep in touch with that guy!

I'm also a bit worried they may catch me rolling my eyes or scowling. Some of the things the girls did were a little trashy and honestly not how 95% of the fans act and I know I rolled my eyes at them once or twice!

I totally agree! Donnie had promised before the cruise that we would not even notice the cameras, but they seemed to be everywhere, and the crews were so rude. We witnessed quite a bit of "directing" from the crews....telling the girls what to say, what to do, and reshooting scenes over and over. So fake. But, I plan on watching it just to relive the cruise. Anyone considering going on one....don't be afraid! You will have the time of your life! I went in 2011 and 2014, and I'm booked on the 2015 cruise. I've decided that as long as the dates work out, I'm going every year as long as they keep doing it!

Can I say yes and no?

I totally agree! Donnie had promised before the cruise that we would not even notice the cameras, but they seemed to be everywhere, and the crews were so rude. We witnessed quite a bit of "directing" from the crews....telling the girls what to say, what to do, and reshooting scenes over and over. So fake. But, I plan on watching it just to relive the cruise. Anyone considering going on one....don't be afraid! You will have the time of your life! I went in 2011 and 2014, and I'm booked on the 2015 cruise. I've decided that as long as the dates work out, I'm going every year as long as they keep doing it!

Longtime lurker, but had to pipe in because I was a huge NKOTB fan in the 80's & 90's. Too old to go on a cruise of this sort, but I"ve been really enjoying the show! Didn't even know this cruise existed-what a hoot!

The girls on the show are totally ridiculous, but admittedly this was me & my friends when I was 13 years old, to a much lesser degree, but we were totally starstruck & "in love" & did everything we could to try and meet these guys. Living in Boston, we used to go hang out at their hotspots, even met some of them and their families a few times. It's funny to see that the mentality of their fanbase has not really changed at all-girls still totally goo-goo eyed over them.

Longtime lurker, but had to pipe in because I was a huge NKOTB fan in the 80's & 90's. Too old to go on a cruise of this sort, but I"ve been really enjoying the show! Didn't even know this cruise existed-what a hoot!

The girls on the show are totally ridiculous, but admittedly this was me & my friends when I was 13 years old, to a much lesser degree, but we were totally starstruck & "in love" & did everything we could to try and meet these guys. Living in Boston, we used to go hang out at their hotspots, even met some of them and their families a few times. It's funny to see that the mentality of their fanbase has not really changed at all-girls still totally goo-goo eyed over them.

First, you're never too old for the NKOTB cruise!

Second, the show does not really do the cruise any justice. Most girls do not act like that. Most are pretty respectful of the guys and are just there to have fun. I do hear that some people stalk the 7th floor where they stay and sit on the Lido deck all day saving close spots for the parties., but that was just not our game.

For us it was like a regular cruise with NKOTB events sprinkled in! I met some great people and I saw Bermuda. I'm hoping to go again this year!

Only if I was on the boat. :lmao:

I was never a NKOTB fan……but somehow I know the songs :confused3;):lmao:

Watching Band of Brothers I became a huge Donnie fan. SO I guess it would be a sacrifice but I would go so he could meet me.

First, you're never too old for the NKOTB cruise!

Second, the show does not really do the cruise any justice. Most girls do not act like that. Most are pretty respectful of the guys and are just there to have fun. I do hear that some people stalk the 7th floor where they stay and sit on the Lido deck all day saving close spots for the parties., but that was just not our game.

For us it was like a regular cruise with NKOTB events sprinkled in! I met some great people and I saw Bermuda. I'm hoping to go again this year!

How likely is it that you actually get to meet the guys? I mean, without stalking them.

Are their scheduled meet & greets harder to get than Elsa & Anna meet and greets?? :laughing:

How likely is it that you actually get to meet the guys? I mean, without stalking them.

Are their scheduled meet & greets harder to get than Elsa & Anna meet and greets?? :laughing:

Thank goodness for Anna and Elsa FP+!

Everyone gets a meet and greet photo op. Basically you go in groups of ten, 2 per guy and take a picture with them. Security tries to rush you out but the guys are just not like that. The whole time we waited they told us no hugs, just pose and go, but we got to hug each guy as we went through.

Other than that it is best to go in with no expectations because everyone's experience is different.

For us, we got pictures with everyone, some even multiple times. They move pretty freely around the boat. We also happened to open our door while Danny was signing it. (We decorated our door.) We got to chat with him and take pictures.

We also lucked out because we made friends with security. Because of that we got to stay in the lower level VIP area by the stage during two nights of parties. There weren't many people there and the guys walked through that area to get to the stage. We did nothing crazy to get in there, actually we got in there because we weren't acting crazy! The other two nights we were towards the front of the crowd but only because we are decent at moving forward in the crowd. I refuse to sit on the deck all day saving my spot. I'd rather enjoy the cruise!

Donnie also does after parties so if you can get a bracelet to that you can meet him there. Getting a bracelet is really just luck, unless you know someone. We only went the first night.

Here are two of my favorite pictures from the cruise...

jordan_zps74b585c0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Jordan Knight and I are masquerade night.

jon_zps50ef1bba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Jon Knight

IDK how to feel about this show. It's making me never want to do an NKOTB cruise that's for sure. Some of these featured people I would have tossed overboard by now lol. And it looks like one of them tries to flash Danny in next week's episode? :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter