• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else eagerly awaiting reviews of the "improved" Wishes Dessert Party?

It's not alcohol, it's sparkling apple juice, but, a little more sweeter, I guess you could say. That is what we call a cider here in the states. But yes, for the international visitors, I would suggest they change the wording too ;)

No matter the reviews, I think we will keep our reservation, it's always fun for our family to try something new. We only do Disney every few years, so we tend to splurge a bit more.

Yeah, if I were to see "sparkling cider" I'd assume alcoholic, and I'm from the States.

I'm going to the "new" dessert party tonight 7/6! Guess I'll be the DisGuinea Pig for this event. It's been a couple of years since I did the dessert party--so hopefully I can remember what's different from the previous parties (aside from the price). I'll keep you posted!

I'm going to the "new" dessert party tonight 7/6! Guess I'll be the DisGuinea Pig for this event. It's been a couple of years since I did the dessert party--so hopefully I can remember what's different from the previous parties (aside from the price). I'll keep you posted!
Yes please keep us posted! Have a great time!!

Have an awesome time, whamma! You don't have to dredge your memories of the old experience, just give us the details of tonight! ;) Really appreciate the offer, thank you!

Last edited:

That is one of the things that is so fantastic about a WDW vacation. There is something for everyone, and something that one family looks forward to and enjoys may not be another family's cup of tea. For us, this will be a new experience and we are so excited! We love trying new things, and of course revisiting some of our favorites as well.

Unless your 'something for everyone' used to be sitting at Tomorrowland Terrace for free and watching Wishes.

Have fun whamma! I'm looking forward to hear how it was. I haven't found a review of the new party anywhere :-)

That's what I thought- when I think of alcoholic drinks like alcoholic lemonade or cider, I usually think of it as "hard lemondade/cider". I think of sparkling drinks as carbonated.

As I said previously, not the case elsewhere! In the UK, there is no such thing as non-alcoholic cider. Cider is an alcoholic drink. It's just called juice if it's not. I've never heard of hard cider before you used that term here. :)

It's a shame Disney aren't more clear about it. I'm accessing the UK version of the site, and it uses the term cider when I now understand it means fizzy apple juice!, They're usually better at translating terms with different meanings. :)

I'm from Canada (QC) and for me cider is synonymous to an alcoholic beverage. Here when it's not alcoholic, it's mentioned (i.e. NA cider).

:worship::worship:Thank you!!

can't wait to hear all about it! i have it booked for october and december :)

We have it booked for the end of August and I'm waiting to hear reviews as well. We haven't done this one before, but did the Frozen one last summer and our kids loved the experience. The desserts weren't great, but they enjoyed the whole day. I paid a similar price to this "improved" party for the Frozen package last summer and it included unlimited drinks and ice cream with a parade viewing area, priority seating for the sing a long and the dessert party and fireworks viewing area. I'm not expecting to get as much for my money with this, but hope the desserts are at least decent and they don't cram in too many people.

The Frozen and Star Wars packages seem to be a really good value. The new Wishes party doesn't seem to be so much at first glance. The old Illuminations party was a pretty good deal. It included various sparkling wines, aka champagne. I think we paid just barely over the new Wishes price for the Epcot one last summer.

The Frozen and Star Wars packages seem to be a really good value. The new Wishes party doesn't seem to be so much at first glance. The old Illuminations party was a pretty good deal. It included various sparkling wines, aka champagne. I think we paid just barely over the new Wishes price for the Epcot one last summer.

Illuminations party no long includes the sparkling wine? What all is included now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter