Anyone Else doing the School's Almost Out Happy Dance?

barkley

DIS Veteran<br><font color=orange>If I ever have a
we sure are in our house:banana: :banana:

we have 15 school days left (my kids attend on the monday legal holidays so they will still end school on a friday). between the spring concert (week after next), 8th grade graduation the following week (dd has to attend because the 7th graders are the set up/clean up crew:rotfl2: ) and a couple of fun days (school picnic and class pizza party) it should be pretty low key.

HALLELUJIA! no more kid wrangling at 5:30 a.m., no more 'maaaaaaaam why did you pack me THAT for lunch', no more homework and book reports:banana: :banana: :banana:

let's hear an AMEN to sleeping in late, lunches consisting of reheated left overs-and full days where if you want to stay in your jammies you just GO FOR IT:banana: :banana: :banana:

We are and aren't. I just want to see DS walk that stage and graduate which he is borderline doing. He has to pass a few classes with a certain grade or higher. But with the end of school brings so many new changes. He ships out in September but yet my baby girl starts pre-k on Aug. 25.
I want the end of school, I want to be done with it, but I want time to stop after that. I don't want to face August or September.

13 school days and counting for my students!:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: My little ones get out 2 weeks earlier than the rest. Sure, I have to still go in for the 2 weeks even though I don't have students ... but that's fine w/me. It's far more quieter and I can get done all that needs to get done (ie: permanent records, etc.).

My kids are definitely dancing. Me, not so much. ;) It's more like the "countdown to loss of sanity funeral dirge" for me! I promised my kids $100 each if they can make it 6 weeks without me having to say "BOYS! STOP FIGHTING!" more than twice a day. I feel secure in that offer!

We have 7 more days of school for us. We were supposed to end on Friday 5/23 but the genious who wrote our school calendar (we go to a charter school) didn't bother to COUNT the number of days and we had 178 rather than the required 180. They sent us a note home about 2 weeks ago that said that they had to add 2 days on to the end of the year so now we have Memorial Day off and have to go back for 5/27 and 5/28.

We go for another month or so, and I'm counting the minutes. Not so much for the classes I teach; I have a great bunch of kids this year. But most definitley for my own kids.

Two months of no projects, no lunches, no looking for socks (I HATE SOCKS!!!)

Two months of sleeping late and staying up late.

Two months of barbecues.

Two months of "what shall we do today??" Hang out by the pool or go somewhere??

Two months of "Let's go down to the (Jones Beach) boardwalk after dinner."

Two months of "I actually have time to read!!!!"

And we end the summer with a week at Disney!!!!!
I can't wait!!!!!!

Yes and No. DD graduates HS and for some reason this makes me really sad. Where did the time go? :confused3

Otherwise, I am excited for the end of the year. It cuts down on my running around and gives me some "down" time.

3 1/2 more days for us!!! They get out Thursday at 11:30 and no school until Aug 7 !!!!!

I have 24 more days. :banana:

I have to wait two more weeks to find out if I am changing grades for next year so it will determine how I pack my stuff up for the summer. If I have to change grades, I have to leave the room that I've been in for the past 8 years. :headache:

I wish. School only lets out June 23rd so we have a little over a month to go...

School does not go back until after labor day however. :woohoo:

I just started counting!! I have had the ticker on my siggie for a while but as for me I started counting on this past Thursday. I have just been going by "Only 3 more grocery orders....3 more truck deliveries....3 more inventories....etc. Thursday was my last truck delivery and no more grocery orders until the new school year. Only one final inventory but that is tha last day of school

Our students last day is May 28th. No school on the 26th and the 28th is a half day. I do have to work officially on the 29th though. This is the latest we have gotten out for years now. Normally we would be out about a week or 1 1/2 weeks earlier.

Our school is moving to a brand new campus over the summer so I imagine I will have a bit of a shorter summer but all in all I am STILL doing the :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :yay: :yay: :cheer2: :cheer2:

YES!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait- I think we have 11 more days!
My DD4's preschool ends on Tuesday so that eliminates some driving time!

We go for another month or so, and I'm counting the minutes. Not so much for the classes I teach; I have a great bunch of kids this year. But most definitley for my own kids.

Two months of no projects, no lunches, no looking for socks (I HATE SOCKS!!!)

Two months of sleeping late and staying up late.

Two months of barbecues.

Two months of "what shall we do today??" Hang out by the pool or go somewhere??

Two months of "Let's go down to the (Jones Beach) boardwalk after dinner."

Two months of "I actually have time to read!!!!"

And we end the summer with a week at Disney!!!!!
I can't wait!!!!!!

AMEN!!!! I cannot wait to get up in the morning and our biggest decision is beach or pool. :banana:

13 school days and counting for my students!:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: My little ones get out 2 weeks earlier than the rest. Sure, I have to still go in for the 2 weeks even though I don't have students ... but that's fine w/me. It's far more quieter and I can get done all that needs to get done (ie: permanent records, etc.).

OMG where the heck do you people teach?? We dont get out till jUne 19 AND that is extremely early this year. I would welcome not having students but all our extra stuff needs to be done on our own time.

Yep, 5 more days here, out on the 23rd. YEAH!!! I hate trying to get kids up in the morning! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

But then we're back on August 1st. Oh, well, we'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Heather

Yes!!!!! Read my signature - that's how important it is to me to get this year over with!!! It has been the year from you know where for my daughter, and I can't wait to get it over with. Been through seven years of teachers with my kids - this will be the first that I make a trip to the principal's office at the end of the year to personally discuss the type of classroom my child needs to be in next year. If we ever have to go through another year like this one, I will lose my mind!!

5 1/2 days left here! :cool1: :woohoo: We're going back for a half day after Memorial Day.

I'm looking forward to getting some things done around my house this summer. I'm already starting my mental to do list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter