Anyone else do a big house cleaning before they leave?

Well, I really DO have OCD and I do a cleaning before we leave. My ex usually stays here and I clean everything really well and make sure the things I cannot stand other people to touch are put away in our room and locked up.

I have serious issues. ;)

Another OCD mom here!!lol I absolutely LOVE coming home to a clean house. Makes everything so much less stressful. All I have to do when we get home is throw in some laundry and rest. I usually dedicate the last day before the trip to finish the laundry, clean floor, and packing.
Nice to know I'm not the only crazy out there!;)

I hate coming home to a dirty house! I usually spend a good 3 or 4 days doing a top to bottom cleaning of our house before we leave for vacation. Anyone else do this or am I the only one with OCD? :rotfl:

That's funny, our next trip is in June and we are planning on surprising our two sons for the first time. When we were trying to decide if we wanted it to be a surprise or not my husband said my obsessive cleaning the week before will give it away. :rotfl2:

I dread coming back to reality after a Disney vacation, coming home to a clean home makes it a little easier.

I am a cleaning machine before our trip too. I sooo want to be more relaxed about it, but I just can't. I can make myself and everyone else around here crazy. I am also a mad woman when we get back home. I can have 8 days worth of laundry for a family of five done and have all the suitcases put away in 2-3 days after we get home! I blame it on my mom too. ;)

I am forever converted to the cleaning before you go club.
This year we left on a big family cruise the day after boxing day. The week before was an absolute whirlwind of family visiting, holiday parties, and entertaining, and very last minute packing.:headache:
There were still wrapping paper and toys and all over the house.. laundry everywhere.. it was terrible.
To top it all off we were broken into while we were gone and the robbers pulled things out of drawers.. ripped things out of closets.. left just a huge destructive mess:sad1:
The day we got home we had to call the police .. I was mortified to have them come through the house:sad2:
Before this years cruise I am hiring a cleaning service and packing weeks ahead of time so I don't have to worry about it during all the holiday madness.
Oh.. and getting an alarm system:rolleyes1
That was the worst vacation let down ever:sad2:

Oh yeah! I don't like coming home to a mess. The kids know that before any big trips, cleaning is a must or we won't go.

DW does the "super clean" pre-trip and then another one a few days post-trip (because of the ever so clean cats). I have tried to help, but am usually encouraged to do other things, as my idea of clean may not always meet her seal of approval. ;)

I love to come home to a clean house.

That's why I always get my cleaner to come in just before we get home!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

How nice to hear that I am not the only one! When we travel we always have someone stay at our home to pet sit. So you can bet my house is thoroughly cleaned and organized. I wouldn't want someone to actually think we live in our house:rotfl:

Before our first trip to the World with our DD I spent days cleaning and tidying determined to come home to a tidy house and have no housework to do when i was jet-lagged and tired. Unfortunately I realised I couldn't find my drivers licence and as I was the main driver this was a problem.

So I turned the house over top to bottom and in the end I still couldn't find it (and never did) and the house looked someone had burgled it when we got back. Not a happy time!!!!

Luckily managed to get a replacement mailed to the villa so other less keen drivers did the start of the holiday and I did the rest!

If you are OCD, then so am I LOL! On the rare occasion that I didnt get the chance to clean before leaving on a trip, it drove me crazy coming home to a cluttered house. I have to clean before leaving on a vacation!

I always do a big clean before a vacation, even if we're only going away for 2 days. My kids hate it, because the day before we leave I won't let anyone move. A few years ago, a neighbor asked me to water her houseplants while she went on a 3 week vacation. I was shocked to find her house a mess. The kitchen floor was filthy, there was garbage in the can and dirty dishes in the sink. She left a note saying I could help myself to anything in the fridge. There were leftovers and milk. I did the dishes, dumped the leftovers and milk, and took out the garbage. It grossed me out to think she thought it was o.k. to leave stuff like that lurking in her house for 3 weeks. :eek: I was kind of surprised, because she didn't seem like a slob. Oh, and she never said a word about the clean dishes, garbage or food. :confused:

I clean a day or so before we leave. I can't stand coming back home to a dirty house either.
Plus I don't want my neighbor who comes in to feed my cat to see a dirty house. LOL

I like coming home to a clean house mostly because i know when i get home we are not going to be doing much of anything the first few days and we will be bringing home a TON of dirty laundry. So I especially like to have the laundry all caught up!

Tonite i cleaned out the fridge and we took out all the garbage. I will do another dump Tuesday evening before we leave(especailly the diaper pail)!

hahaha. if I came home to a clean house I would swear I was in the wrong house. My mom just asked me yesterday, "if I got you a cleaning lady, where would you tell her to clean first?" I said, "my bathroom." She said, "but that's always clean." yes. i am neurotic about my bathroom so I hardly have time to clean the clutter of toys and mail around the rest of the house. A cleaning lady would never know where anything goes and if she did the bathroom I could use my energy elsewhere.
If I had some barbies and dollies to trip over when I came home from vacation I'd know, "ah. now I'm home."
lol

Always clean before a vacation! Nothing like coming home to a clean house and clean sheets! Plus i find that it helps keep you busy when the excitement gets to be too much to bear!:goodvibes

You are not alone!! I clean like a madwoman for days before we leave. I do everything. Dust, wash sheets, vacuum, etc. There is nothing like coming home to a nice clean house after being away.;)

Add me to the list of OCD cleaners. I have a huge ritual before our vacation. I have a list of do's and they all do get done. If I don't use the list something important might get forgot about. My biggest important #1 on the list is clean bedding next to the bed so when we wake up on Vacation Day, I strip the beds, and remake them, the dirty bedding goes into a hamper(my mom always takes it home and washes the old before we get home, I love my OCD mommy & am very thankful, and NO I Dont want her to do that, however, she does, there is no stopping her) My whole house is completely spotless for when we come home, I also the day we leave for Vacation swing by my work (on the way and granted permisson by my boss :thumbsup2 )and throw the remaining garbage into the dumpster. My mom raised me that way. :cutie: She is a good mom and I will tell you when I would go away for a weekend to see family as a child/teenager, I would come home and climb into my bed, the sheets would feel so cold and crispy:lovestruc that is my biggest miss from home, she always went out of her way to make me cozy. I LOVE MY MOM & so appreciate the cleanliness she has thrust upon me. We we come home from Vacation, all we have to do is take the luggage in and put everything away, I do all our laundry before we come home, except what we have on. :rolleyes1 Well I hope everyone has a FABULOUS Vacation and Have a Great TIME! :woohoo: :banana: :cool1:

Oh my goodness isn't that the truth! I think that is where I get all my adrenelin rush from. :lmao:
Always clean before a vacation! Nothing like coming home to a clean house and clean sheets! Plus i find that it helps keep you busy when the excitement gets to be too much to bear!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter