Anyone else dissappointed in the Dream after sailing the Fantasy?

Some of these posts are making me a bit nervous. This is our first ever cruise and will be using it to base whether we do future cruises... We chose 4 night just in case we didn't like it (3 nights didn't seem long enough to get a true idea). If it isn't a "Wow" experience, I may never get my husband to cruise again!

Please don't worry because of a handful of people's opinions. Remember, this is comparing and contrasting. If you don't have anything to compare to, just go with it and enjoy yourself! Even though I said the Dream isn't my favorite, I have been on 3 cruises on her already...including the Inagural cruise. We love the ship, and wouldn't waste our time and money flying 7 of us to Florida if it weren't a wonderful experience! With 3 college aged kids, we can only get us all together for shorter lengths of time...but the Dream is totally worth it. And it is my kids favorite ship!

You will LOVE your cruise!

We love the Dream. We also cruised with friends who are regular cruisers and they love the Dream. We wish we could afford to go more often.

Some of these posts are making me a bit nervous. This is our first ever cruise and will be using it to base whether we do future cruises... We chose 4 night just in case we didn't like it (3 nights didn't seem long enough to get a true idea). If it isn't a "Wow" experience, I may never get my husband to cruise again!

It will knock your socks off and be a total WOW cruise! I guarantee it with the guarantee of never having to read another post I write if I am wrong! ;)

No seriously, you will be so wowed by the Dream and the amazing technology and cruising artistry that only Disney can provide! :thumbsup2 It is such an amazing ship!

If you had sailed the Magic, longer cruises previously, then sailed the Dream with the larger capacity and shorter cruise - it's a bit of a change, but only slightly. It's a lot of people to take care of in Disney's typical manner, which is far superior to any other line in terms of interaction with and attention to the passenger.

The Fantasy is that amazing ship, plus longer cruise with more interaction with the Cast Members and more relaxation by the passengers. Less: Go, Go, Go, get to the front, push aside anyone in your way to have your perfect cruise!

While I haven't yet been on the Fantasy I have done Wonder, Magic and Dream. We had great service on the Dream. Our assistant server was amazing. She was great at reading the signals that I was ready for another drink. So much so, that there were times that I was just about to think about asking her for something and she was either already there seeing what I wanted or had already brought me a refill. I don't even know how she was able to refill my coffee cup without me ever seeing her do it. And our server was great with my allergies, did magic tricks which drove one of my tablemates insane because he couldn't figure out how it was done, generally had us in hysterics most of the time.

We did a B2B and after our first 3 days we asked for the same servers. Not only did the head server sit us with them but also managed to sit us with a couple who had shared our table the previous year - it was so nice to see them again. I can't believe that was a coincidence.

I think that the service just depends on who you get, how they're trained, how busy the ship is, etc. I'm not sure it's really related to the particular ship. We've had mediocre servers on the previous cruises and some amazing ones (and none that I would classify as bad). Our server on the Dream had been there since the inaugural sailing so he was very seasoned.

Having said that, I still prefer the Magic. But we will see if I still feel that way in a few weeks on our Med cruise.

Don't know if anyone else posted, but my wife definitely noticed the difference between Royal Palace & Royal Court. The glass tile mosaic work is awesome. Aqualab is a better use of deck space. It feels like DCL just stepped it up a bit for the Fantasy. Most likely they knew a weeklong cruise would require more diversions (attractions) We have been on over 30 cruises, multiple ships & cruise lines & the ship we MOST can't wait to go back on is Fantasy. However, we will never knock a trip on Dream & would go back in a heart beat. I think that experienced cruisers will agree, sometimes you get a not so great server, cabin steward, or other crew member. That Can happen on any ship or any cruise line. Don't let that deter your future!

My sister and i had the time of our lives on the Dream but then again it was a 5 night double dip so that may have made a difference in the overall pace for the staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter