Anyone else cruise with carry-ons only?

How do you manage the toiletries, liquids, etc. doing just carry-ons? I feel like 3 ounces of all my "stuff" isn't going to cut it.

We always travel with just carry-ons, including our last couple of Disney cruises.

Woody

I could try but I don't think it would work, even on a 3 night trip, I pack a full carry-on roller and a large back pack and still feel like I need more room. But, I have to have special shampoo and conditioner because I am picky about those things, I change about 3 times each day, I need my hairdryer because my hair is thick and takes too long with crappy dryers, I run even on vacation so I need outfits and other stuff for that. Really, it's a wonder sometimes that I fit all my crap into the suitcases I do.

At least I'm only 5'2" and 100 pounds, I require smaller clothes, ha!

For our cruise, I'll have my large 28" hard luggage checked, my 22" carry-on roller and a large backpack (yes, it goes under the seat) and I'll probably do a load of laundry and some stuff in my boyfriend's suitcase.

How do you manage the toiletries, liquids, etc. doing just carry-ons? I feel like 3 ounces of all my "stuff" isn't going to cut it.

The only things I need fit easily, but I use a slightly larger bag to put it in because I cannot find that size bag anymore (I saw you are rookie flyers so idk if you know that you have to put it all in a bag of a certain size). No one has checked the size and I am willing to dump stuff as needed.

I get these things called GoToobs. They are made for traveling and come in 3 oz, 2 oz, 1.25 oz I think. I use professional shampoos like Matrix and Fekkai that are highly concentrated so those fit for a week into one of those 2 oz containers easily, I usually end up with some left. For conditioner, it's the same only it goes into a 3 oz. For toothpaste, deodorant, face lotion, sunscreen, body wash, lotion and face wash, I just get the travel size stuff.

This allotment is also per person so you can spread it between all members of your party. I usually find that I never use all my toothpaste so maybe you can spread that with two people, we have before. Have your kids "carry-on" their own liquids too. You'll just have to divide this stuff up a little but it's not bad really.

The only things I need fit easily, but I use a slightly larger bag to put it in because I cannot find that size bag anymore (I saw you are rookie flyers so idk if you know that you have to put it all in a bag of a certain size). No one has checked the size and I am willing to dump stuff as needed.

Quart-size Ziploc bags ought to be available at any grocery store or Walmart. My quart-size plastic bag is always VERY full of the small sizes of toiletries I use, plus mascara and perfume, but it is doable.

I once brought a checked bag AND a 21-inch roller bag for a 9-night cruise, and it was too much luggage to deal with. I want to go on a Rick Steves' bus tour in Europe one of these years, and everyone is limited to a 21-inch carry-on bag and a small backpack. I need to work on getting by with less.

I actually need a little more than one quart size ziploc full of stuff so I make my DD12 put one in her carry on too and then send it through the security scanner! It's one per person right? :lmao:

I actually need a little more than one quart size ziploc full of stuff so I make my DD12 put one in her carry on too and then send it through the security scanner! It's one per person right? :lmao:

That is exactly what we do. I always kid my DS and tell him that his shade of make-up is lovely :rotfl:

Do prescription meds. (epi pens) count towards your quart sized liquids. Or are you allowed that as well? Also,did I hear that mascara and lipstick (not gloss) do not count?

Do prescription Ned's. (epi pens) count towards your quart sized liquids. Or are you allowed that as well? Also,did i hear that mascara and lipstick (not gloss) do not count?

Mascara is considered a liquid, but lipstick is not. I believe meds are not part of your 1 qt. bag allotment.

Mascara is considered a liquid, but lipstick is not. I believe meds are not part of your 1 qt. bag allotment.

From TSA's website:

3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume) ; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3.4 ounce (100ml) container size is a security measure.

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint. Officers may need to open these items to conduct additional screening.

Lipstick and chapstick logically are not liquids but I've heard some TSA agents tell people that they must be in the 1 qt bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter